Norton Update/loss of access to Internet

simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Done an update of Norton 2008 in Live Update last night on a Vista PC, then lost connection to the internet. Showing up "Local Access" only now and it won't allow connection to the internet.

Restored the machine to a date in September which made no difference at all.

Any ideas?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This isnt going to be too helpful Im afraid, but alot of peeps on here are gonna say get rid of norton completely and use a free AV like Avira or AVG8, as Norton can cause all sorts of problems and is also a huge resource hog.
  • simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tuppy26 wrote: »
    This isnt going to be too helpful Im afraid, but alot of peeps on here are gonna say get rid of norton completely and use a free AV like Avira or AVG8, as Norton can cause all sorts of problems and is also a huge resource hog.

Yes I know from past readings about Norton! Weird thing is that I have Norton 360 on a Vista Laptop that causes no problems at all and Norton 2007 on an XP desktop PC, that again hasn't been a problem, seems weird that Norton 2008 with Vista is!

Maybe someone can help, I may uninstall Norton on it and see if that makes a difference.

I have AVG8 running on an old XP lap top that I use for taking out and had no problems with that, hence why I will change to AVG8 when the Norton subs run out.

Thanks for your reply anyway!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the update is listed in the Add/Remove programs list then try and uninstall it. Windows Updates are handled in this way but I don't know about Norton (agree with 2nd poster on this)