Doc Martin (Part 10 — Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TxBelle wrote: »
    finally, I just had to join this forum and jump in with all this Doc Martin mania :D Ive got so much to say but don't know where to start. Ive been reading this forum so long I feel like I know everybody.:p

Welcome to the forum. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't rip my head off because I have never seen this before last night, but is has Martin got Aspergers or is he just rude? Whatever it's bloody hilarious. So was Gordon Ormerod as well as the bumbling bloke in the doctor's surgery.

Welcome to the forum. :)
    There is debate about whether or not Martin has Asperger's but personally I think he's just rude. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    MadCatLady wrote: »
    Hello everyone! This is my very first post, I decided to join last night after being a huge Doc Martin fan for years and this place is definitely the place to discuss it.

I loved the episode last night! And yes, the scene in the loo was so funny. I knew that Joan was going to die as I watched Martin Clunes on Alan Titchmarsh's show and he said something about it then. Didn't know it was going to be in the first episode though :cry:

Anyway, I'm excited about being here! :D

Welcome to the forum! You're in great company here!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    sunanglais wrote: »
    You know I have been thinking about that last scene..

LG shrugs when DM looks at her for confirmation that he can deal with that man who has the sling - that's new him asking her for her permission..

also why doesn't LG just say "I'll see you at home then when you are finished" or something like that. No she chooses to feed the baby there where the Doc is .. she didn't have to as the baby wasn't even crying..

LG also uses "we" a few times, like when Penhale offered to drive DM to the mortuary and she said "we'll call you if need be". She seems to be a bit more comfortable with the idea of them as a unit and making decisions for him/them. Subtle ... I like it!
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't rip my head off because I have never seen this before last night, but is has Martin got Aspergers or is he just rude? Whatever it's bloody hilarious. So was Gordon Ormerod as well as the bumbling bloke in the doctor's surgery.

Lots of people have thought he did and it was even brought up in one episode in series 3. Martin Clunes said the other day that he hadn't intended for his character to be someone with Asperger's. Personally, I don't think he has Asperger's, but certainly has been debated a lot.
  • mazziebluemazzieblue Posts: 263
    Forum Member

LG shrugs when DM looks at her for confirmation that he can deal with that man who has the sling - that's new him asking her for her permission..

also why doesn't LG just say "I'll see you at home then when you are finished" or something like that. No she chooses to feed the baby there where the Doc is .. she didn't have to as the baby wasn't even crying..

I loved that scene - I loved that they had an unspoken conversation and that they both arrived at the same place...for once.

same thing with DM's face as she closes the kitchen door - it's almost like he's apologizing to her and she's smiling at him as if she's saying "I understand, go do your thing."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that we really need to ask MC or someone who's currently writing scripts or doing props about the Buddha and the onions. Dominic Minghella hasn't worked on DM since 2005.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vfitz911 wrote: »
    I thought the episode was great--really enjoyed it. The baby in the hospital was way too old for a newborn--especially one that is 2 weeks early. And I have to agree with some of the others--Louisa's ability to flit about town just one day after giving birth is stretching it a bit. Overall, though, very enjoyable.

I went shopping the day after I had my first son. I was determined that I a baby wouldn't change my life. I put him in the car, drove to the shopping centre, got the pram out but couldn't work out how to put it up (it was borrowed from a cousin). I just couldn't.

I burst into tears and went home.

They get you out of hospital 24 hours after the birth now in Australia. I was in for longer with my second baby because he was very sick but definitely walking around the first day because I went to the bathing-you-baby class.

Everyone, and every delivery, is different I think.
    Forum Member
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    That would be simply awful! :cry:

MC is coming to australia in 2012 and I am going to make it a mission to contact all the people who interview him to add it to their question lists until we get an answer, if we haven't found out before then.

Only another year to wait. We are used to waiting aren't we? :yawn:

Best of luck on your mission, We're all counting on you! :D

and waiting wouldn't be so bad If I was a patient person, but I'm not. :p Leave it to me to fall in love with a series which quite possibly has the longest waiting time in history! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :

Hi there. Aspergers has been mentioned by one of the characters in S3 - and was given short shrift by the Doc:D
    MC has also denied that it is the case - no, the Doc is just plain rude:D:D and entirely without a care for his fellow human beings - Louisa apart;);)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzieblue wrote: »
    I loved that scene - I loved that they had an unspoken conversation and that they both arrived at the same place...for once.

same thing with DM's face as she closes the kitchen door - it's almost like he's apologizing to her and she's smiling at him as if she's saying "I understand, go do your thing."

That ws my reading of that scene as well :):) almost communication - makes a change doesn't it?
    :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madmother wrote: »
    I think that we really need to ask MC or someone who's currently writing scripts or doing props about the Buddha and the onions. Dominic Minghella hasn't worked on DM since 2005.

But it was such a big thing in series 1 ep 1 when DM arrived he had the buddha strapped into his car with the seat belt. Dominic M must know. Unless he didn't write it in.
  • TxBelleTxBelle Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [same thing with DM's face as she closes the kitchen door - it's almost like he's apologizing to her and she's smiling at him as if she's saying "I understand, go do your thing."[/QUOTE]

exactly...that makes perfect sense to me. They were so nice to each other, that I kept expecting the bomb to drop at some point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi to all the new members :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TxBelle wrote: »
    [same thing with DM's face as she closes the kitchen door - it's almost like he's apologizing to her and she's smiling at him as if she's saying "I understand, go do your thing."
    exactly...that makes perfect sense to me. They were so nice to each other, that I kept expecting the bomb to drop at some point.[/QUOTE]
    Patience TxBelle - undoubtedly it will - around ep5/6 IMO:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Well, the bomb will surely drop when she has made up her mind to go back to work.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the bit where the fisherman falls from the ladder. The first thing the new Dr asks DM is “what is his name”. DM grumbles.

When he comes in with blood on his hand BL and LG ask him the same thing but all DM can say is “early 50’s, short, fat, asthmatic, fisherman probably.”

BL and LG say “Oh Mike Charman..”

Classic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 399
    Forum Member
    You'll really have a great time here with all of us DM fanatics:D

I've watched it about five times today and the more I watch the better it becomes. So many layers, like an onion;)

Special thanks to our friends who put it up on YT:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    The lack of explanation for Pauline's departure is a major omission. I hope it's addressed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    Portwenn59 wrote: »
    I've watched it about five times today and the more I watch the better it becomes. So many layers, like an onion;)

Maybe you hit the nail on the head, Portwenn59! Maybe the onions have to do with the fact that there are so many layers to DM and each episode peels back another (many times with LG's help).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    WELCOME to all the new posters!
    This is such a great forum to belong to.
    :)
    We are not putting spoilers in for the show as we watch it but we still want Claireabo1 to put her info in spoilers as she is actually watching episodes in advance.

Does everyone agree with that?
    Yes, please.
    I do not want any warning of what will happen in advance if at all possible.
    Of course it certainly wouldn't stop me viewing episode ASAP. :D

I really loved the last scene, the way they reluctantly part and look at each other.
    It said to me that they wanted to leave together and that both realized it, but of course circumstances were putting that on hold. Still hopeful.
    I think she stayed there because she wanted them all to go home together. I liked it.
    Loved the bit where the fisherman falls from the ladder. The first thing the new Dr asks DM is “what is his name”. DM grumbles.

When he comes in with blood on his hand BL and LG ask him the same thing but all DM can say is “early 50’s, short, fat, asthmatic, fisherman probably.”

BL and LG say “Oh Mike Charman..”

Classic.
    LOL! yes that was so good. And... Doc wasn't paying attention to the blood really either until they mentioned it and then kept on talking while he washed up. Interesting...

Cannot wait to get home from work and watch episode again once or twice....:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 399
    Forum Member
    Maybe you hit the nail on the head, Portwenn59! Maybe the onions have to do with the fact that there are so many layers to DM and each episode peels back another (many times with LG's help).

I can't take credit for the onion analogy. It's been discussed on the forum a while back. I just thought someone, MM perhaps, mentioned it earlier today.;) BP has a thing for vegetables:eek:
  • lost-the-plotlost-the-plot Posts: 115
    Forum Member

What made me laugh when I first heard him say this... he ran fat and asthmatic together and it sounded like he was calling him a fat a**!
  • whalewhale Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thks whoever put it on YT great first episode so many wonderful moments, Mrs T. priceless. Looks like the baby is replacing his Doctor's bag he is carrying him around everywhere, aaahhhh.... Loved the Terry scene! I think there is going to be a lot of outtakes in this DVD somehow. Lovely to see he hadn't forgotten Buddy even though he was in the boot, I see MC's input all over that scene as he mentioned he had written that it.. Also noticed the head bleed didn't seem to bother him. Lovely scenes at AJ's, hoping the baby wears the outfit at her funeral..

Welcome all newcomers to the forum great source of info for you all.
    Forum Member
    betsytacy wrote: »
    The lack of explanation for Pauline's departure is a major omission. I hope it's addressed.

Me too. I love Pauline, she deserves more than just "she's gone" :confused: For the writers being so attentive to detail and then putting out an explanation like that, I think it's a cause for concern ;)...unless of course they have a trick up their sleeve and all will be revealed in time...which i'm hoping is the case!
This discussion has been closed.