Anger Management – Comedy Central

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Does anyone know how Comedy Central are airing the new episodes?

This Wednesday there is another new episode (ep3) at 9pm but then at 9:30pm it’s a repeat of one of last weeks (ep2).
    Seems a weird way of doing things…
    Wednesday is the day but they will only be airing one a week now. Repeating the previous week's episode does seem a little odd and is likely to be confusing, but Wednesday @ 9 is the proper slot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    LucyDTrym wrote: »
    stop thinking of it as 21/2 men it isnt. It has a completely different story. Why not rent Anger Management with Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson, then perhaps you will get the feel for it more. Its going to be good and there will be lots of new characters with problems that we can follow.

I didn't compare the story line to 2 1/2 men - I said it isn't as funny.... so lets see, why would I compare 2 1/2 men to Anger Management... well lets see, whilst the story line has nothing in common.. oh wait it has the same actor in it.

Take time before responding so rudely.

I don't think Charlie Sheen is as funny in AM because I don't like the character set up - yes the set up is totally different and NO I don't need to watch the film to get a feel for it, as the show doesn't actually center on Charlie loosing it that much - and I know because I have watched the whole season.

So whats your response to me saying I don't like Friends but prefer Cougar Town? I prefer Cougar town as the character set up gives for better story lines which IMO shows a better side to Courtney Cox's comedy value. TAAHM was a better show for Charlie Sheen IMO.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geiger wrote: »
    Wednesday is the day but they will only be airing one a week now. Repeating the previous week's episode does seem a little odd and is likely to be confusing, but Wednesday @ 9 is the proper slot.

Thanks for clarifying, I can understand only showing one episode a week, I can even understand repeating the previous weeks episode at the same time, but showing the new episode followed by the previous one (rather than the previous one followed by the new one) is very weird!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t understand this 90 episode pick up.
    Surely if the ratings tank after, say, 50 episodes they aren’t going to continue making it.
    Does this deal just mean that it’s contacted to 90 episodes as long as FX want them. A bit like a new musical artist often signs a 5 or 10 album deal but few actually reach that point.

I suspect it's a commitment to make 90 episodes should certain ratings targets be met. It'll be interesting to see if Season 2 is now a full 22 episode season or if they'll stick to 10 episodes each time. If they do, in effect they've picked it up for the next 9 years which is unprecedented.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don’t understand this 90 episode pick up.
    Surely if the ratings tank after, say, 50 episodes they aren’t going to continue making it.
    Does this deal just mean that it’s contacted to 90 episodes as long as FX want them. A bit like a new musical artist often signs a 5 or 10 album deal but few actually reach that point.
    I believe that barring another Sheen meltdown that it will have 90 more episodes, regardless of ratings. It's a deal crafted not only with FX in mind, but also with the intention of selling it in local syndication in the US - where quantity matters over quality or popularity. FX had conditions on the ratings for renewal after the first ten episodes, but I don't think they have any for whether these 90 episodes happen.

It's worth bearing in mind these episodes will be filmed within the relatively short space of two years, so that doesn't give much time for the ratings to fall. If the ratings do turn sour there will be heaps of content and some value there for somebody.

It might be a bit like when there's a poorly rated show which keeps getting renewed by the network because the distributors are desperate to get it into syndication. One example is 'Til Death, which was verly poorly rated on Fox, but it kept being renewed as Sony were practically paying Fox to air it so they would hit 100 episodes and could sell it into syndication.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Wasn't expecting much from this but I actually really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't compare the story line to 2 1/2 men - I said it isn't as funny.... so lets see, why would I compare 2 1/2 men to Anger Management... well lets see, whilst the story line has nothing in common.. oh wait it has the same actor in it.

Take time before responding so rudely.

I don't think Charlie Sheen is as funny in AM because I don't like the character set up - yes the set up is totally different and NO I don't need to watch the film to get a feel for it, as the show doesn't actually center on Charlie loosing it that much - and I know because I have watched the whole season.

So whats your response to me saying I don't like Friends but prefer Cougar Town? I prefer Cougar town as the character set up gives for better story lines which IMO shows a better side to Courtney Cox's comedy value. TAAHM was a better show for Charlie Sheen IMO.

YOU SAID:
    Its not as funny as 2 1/2 men - but the character set up isn't as good, so not that keen and I really wanted to like it
    And I keep watching thinking how much Charlie has aged, which after years of drugs I guess catches up with you...

I wasnt being rude, i just said, stop seeing it as two and half men, its only been a few episodes and the concept is nothing like his old show, and probably wont be as funny to start with until the characters get a chance to settle in.

Perhaps i should have phrased it slightly differently but it was early and I apologise if you thought i was being rude.

A lot of people do not realise it is actually based on the film/book.

I think it will be funnier then the new 21/2 men hell anything will be funnier then that. I mean I agree with you, that CS was really funny in that and I loved it, but at the moment i am going to give the new series a chance, its just too early. I am not seeing this new series as 21/2 men its totally different.

The reason why i suggest you watch the film if you havent already is you will then see how the plots can evolve, and I think it will become very funny in deed.

I actually hate Cougar Town lol I think Courtenay Cox is way over the top in Friends she was really natural, and I have given the series a chance and watched it all hoping it would get better for me.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not to keen on this. I don't like Charlie's delivery any more, I noticed it in his last series of Two and a Half men aswell, it seems very rushed and it feels like he is just going through the motions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Anger Management' for two-year run, 45 episodes per season

This is quite amazing really. I tried the first episode and didn't really like it, but clearly someone does !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news, sorry Jason it is me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I actually don't like Charlie very much at all, but his wife, and the group are very good, even his daughter has some great lines. Don't even get me started on Selma Blair hot damn!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no need to apologise .. heh :)

it's just quite incredible for a show to get this level of commitment really. it must be as cheap as chips to produce or they must have signed some kind of pre-syndication deal or something like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if it makes alot of money worldwide, it must do o get this kind of long-term support.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone else noticed that Anger Management's return to UK screens will start with episode 2 and episode 1 the week after?
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulfam1 wrote: »
    anyone else noticed that Anger Management's return to UK screens will start with episode 2 and episode 1 the week after?

Weird.

To be honest I thought season one was just ‘ok’ and the thought of committing to a new episode every week for the next two years makes me think I might stop now, and just catch the occasional episode going forward.