Kelly Rowland's New Single - 'Kisses Down Low'

2»

Comments

• MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    Dance songs do MUCH, MUCH better in the US than R&B songs. An R&B song hasn't gone top 10 in the US in over 12 months (although that will change in a couple of days when Justin Timberlake's new song charts).

In the UK, we've actually had a fair few urban songs make top 10 in the past 12 months, certainly many more than the US had.

True, I guess it's that whole thing about dance music not selling albums. I mean with this song here I can't see it doing anything in our charts, but will make more of a stir in the US. Not top 10 or even 20 material in the US but it might do something.

It's hard, if she went all out dance the R&B fans shes does have left will abandon her, but will doing dance gain her enough fans to buy an album from her album? I'm a fan of both her styles so I'd personally be happy with any, but it kinda seems a mix of both won't work.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying for what? She's in the top 10 most successful female urban singers in the world right now. She's accomplished a huge amount.

Are you not aware of how massive Motivation was? Even 18 months later, I still hear it all the time when I go clubbing, and this is in the UK, I shudder to think how big it was in the US.

I never heard it before so had to youtube it there...yawnsome song. I don't know how it was a club hit either as you can't dance to it:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    You can't dance to Motivation??? Haha
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky_Fire wrote: »
    You can't dance to Motivation??? Haha

He means besides stripper dancing.
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see Kelly's p*ssy is proving such good inspiration for songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I didnt listen to the song for a few days because i didnt care... but i actually really like it! can see it doing quite well
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    you can't dance to it:confused:

Ummmm, what?! Have you ever been clubbing before? lol

Not to mention the music video itself has tonnes of dancing in... What do you dance to then? Party Rock Anthem and Bad Romance? :D

I thought Motivation was a bit weird as well, but after hearing it about a hundred times in summer 2011 it grew on me hugely. It's now one of my favourite summer hits that year.

This new song has potential to be a club hit as well, but probably nowhere near as big as Motivation.

Although I think a large part of the reason Motivation was so big in the clubs was because it's the type of song that gets everybody in the club paired up and grinding lol.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ummmm, what?! Have you ever been clubbing before? lol

Not to mention the music video itself has tonnes of dancing in... What do you dance to then? Party Rock Anthem and Bad Romance? :D

I thought Motivation was a bit weird as well, but after hearing it about a hundred times in summer 2011 it grew on me hugely. It's now one of my favourite summer hits that year.

This new song has potential to be a club hit as well, but probably nowhere near as big as Motivation.

Although I think a large part of the reason Motivation was so big in the clubs was because it's the type of song that gets everybody in the club paired up and grinding lol.

I don't know any clubs here that would play slow r&b jams so no, I wouldn't dance to something like this:D
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most clubs wouldn't play Motivation tbh.