Options

Series 8

cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So late Summer 2014 for a full series 8.

Considering series 7 was broadcast later than usual and over 2 years instead of 1. Are we finally back to a regular series?

Comments

• Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    They would be mad to split Series 8 if we have to wait so long for it. You can excuse Series 7 on account of having to accommodate the November 2013 anniversary, but there is no such excuse by the end of 2014.
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if we were but it would need the fundamentals to shift. My interpretation is that we're not getting full series because Moffatt doesn't have the time.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think series 8 will be split. They wouldn't introduce a new Doctor with a split series.
    Series 9 will probably be split and spread out over three years though.
  • Options
    joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the series isn't spilt again. It doesn't work. The general audience just lose interest and it seems very insignificant ie 5 eps then that's that part of the series over. Blink and you've missed it. If the spilt is to cater for moffatts workload with other projects then he should seriously think about putting the future if the show above his own personal reasons and focus on one at a time. Not all can do it as RTD did with doctor who, SJA and torchwood. .
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is the ideal number of episodes for a series?:confused:
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »

I would say 10 is about right as there are always 2 or 3 clunkers a season so don't make em!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say 10 is about right as there are always 2 or 3 clunkers a season so don't make em!

10 episodes seems alot but:D
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah, if only they could tell in advance which ones would be thought of as clunkers!

Even after airing, there's still no consensus among fans about which are clunkers and which are not, even though some on here seem to think there is.
  • Options
    steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Only with the proviso that the eps are an hour long each. ;)
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd still prefer 12 or 13 episodes. Rubbish Who is still better than no Who and infinitely better than anything ITV will have on at the same time.
    And even then if you have only 10 episodes per year, you'll probably still have 2 or 3 clunkers and only 7 or so good ones.

...unless you're one of those people who hates every single episode they produce nowadays in which case you'd better wait until Moffat leaves.
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, if only they could tell in advance which ones would be thought of as clunkers!

*cough* look for the name 'Mark Gatiss' on the cover page.

Haha just kidding. Well, a little bit.
  • Options
    TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »

I am old school, so 40-44, just like they used to do in the 60's. :):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theophile wrote: »
    I am old school, so 40-44, just like they used to do in the 60's. :):):)

Really, that is alot:D