Family Affairs actors where are they now?

KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
Forum Member
✭✭
With Family Affairs having finished a few years back, I can hardly recall seeing too many of them on our screens since. Aside from obviously Idris Elba (who was in it from the very early days) majority of them seemed to have vanished. :D

Comments

• ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    You're right. It's a shame that they're not doing much TV, as they had some cracking actors. I know that Rosie Rowell popped up in Casualty a couple of years back, Sadie did Coronation Street and Nicola Duffett did Made in Dagenham, but the rest have disappeared.

I thought Kazia Pelka would pop up on Emmerdale or Coronation Street as she was superb during Chloe's abuse storyline. I could also see Ebony Thomas as one of the Fox girls in EastEnders. And of course, David Easter would be a great villain in any of the soaps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    You're right. It's a shame that they're not doing much TV, as they had some cracking actors. I know that Rosie Rowell popped up in Casualty a couple of years back, Sadie did Coronation Street and Nicola Duffett did Made in Dagenham, but the rest have disappeared.

I thought Kazia Pelka would pop up on Emmerdale or Coronation Street as she was superb during Chloe's abuse storyline. I could also see Ebony Thomas as one of the Fox girls in EastEnders. And of course, David Easter would be a great villain in any of the soaps.

Kazia Pelka did The Bill a couple of years ago for a while.
  • SpiceybenSpiceyben Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    Eastenders Rainie played Karen back in the day. From what I can remember she lived with her brother and ended up becoming a lesbian with Sadie's niece.

And then Myra Costello turned up as Owen's Mum Liz in EastEnders as well.

Both Sean and his best mate Tanya have been in Corrie. Sean played the camp guy directing Marcus and Dylan in the Freshco ad and Tanya played Sian's Mum.

Annie Hart was in Outnumbered, playing a lady who Ben kept injuring at a Spanish airport.

Holly Hart was in Casualty.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Anna Acton(Geri) was advertising Jenny Craig and Jan Harvey was touring with Calender Girls
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian Cowan who played Robert Davenport is a regular in Scottish soap River City. Also, I thought it was great when Sadie played Rita's pal in Corrie.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spiceyben wrote: »
    Both Sean and his best mate Tanya have been in Corrie. Sean played the camp guy directing Marcus and Dylan in the Freshco ad and Tanya played Sian's Mum..
    Sean was also seen as a cop recently on EastEnders.

Florence Hoath (George Fitzgerald ) was in Doctor Who episode The Long Game & The Doctor Dances, the actress who played Kelly (as in Karen and Kelly was in Doctor Who The Long Game.

Idris Elba (Tim Webster) is doing ok for himself ;)

Glynis Barber (Belinda Heath) was on EastEnders as Glenda Mitchell
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Matthew Chambers is in Doctors as Dr. Daniel Granger
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kazia Pelka DID pop up in Corrie.... the woman seeing Vikram?

Nicola Duffett still does guest starring - she was in Torchwood a couple of years ago... and Tanya Franks is fantastic as Rainie, I love her!
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,525
    Forum Member
    Rupert Hill (Cameron) went into Coronation Street as Jamie Baldwin for a couple of years before bowing out a couple of years ago
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pamela was in Hollyoaks earlier this year as Texas' mum Melody :)
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ebony Thomas is doing some music as Ebony Bones and getting some good reviews and she's opened for Cee-Lo Green:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebony_Thomas#Ebony_Bones.21
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/eb1d668e-b705-4b7a-8317-303462f993e0#p00dj6rs
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2007/nov/18/popandrock1
    Ebony Thomas also known as Ebony Bones, is a British singer-songwriter, record producer and actress. Prior to writing and producing her debut album Bone Of My Bones, Ebony Bones was booked and performing globally before having released any records. Named one of the "40 Men And Women Who Make London" by Time Out for their 40th Anniversary edition as well as producing the soundtrack for Yves Saint Laurent's Manifesto campaign, Ebony Bones! performed live for Rolling Stone Magazine, and was named one of South by Southwest's best new acts of 2009.

Bones' self released 7" single We Know All About U depicting scenes of an Orwellian Britain, made an immediate impact through word of mouth. Making its radio debut as "Hottest Record In The World Today" as well as "Single Of The Week" by BBC Radio 1's Zane Lowe
  • bolam2011bolam2011 Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy5fiIbbnPU

Ebony is pretty talented.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few years back Cordelia Bugeja (Melanie Hart) seemed to be in every ad on TV, she also had a recurring role in the IT Crowd.

I saw Richard Hawley (Dave Matthews) in an episode of Downton Abbey. It took me a while to realise who it was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everytime Richard Hawley pops up, I can never place him - I had to watch Love Actually 3 times before it clicked :o
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i so miss family affairs, sometimes i forget rainie was in family affiars playing karen lol totally different characters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    i so miss family affairs, sometimes i forget rainie was in family affiars playing karen lol totally different characters.
    Tanya Franks is very good in whatever she does. We just need to get the actress who plays Kelly in hte show for a mini reunion.

Lets face it Ranine will do anything for her next hit.
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Dona Croll popped up in Doctors as nurse Michelle Corrigan's mother.

Carol Stark who played Tanya was in Corrie as Sian's mum.
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one who played Holly is in some advert, can't remember what's it's for but the man ends up with an Iron mark on his shirt.
  • _Venger__Venger_ Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder what become of the actress who played Nikki Warrington? she should get a role in EastEnders as she was a great actress.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _Venger_ wrote: »
    Wonder what become of the actress who played Nikki Warrington? she should get a role in EastEnders as she was a great actress.
    thanks for reminding me about her
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Who was that blonde teen girl who was always in trouble? She went on to star in the Bill afterwards for a while.

Cannot remember the character or actress name but I loved her in Family Affairs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah Warrington (Beth Cordingly), the step daughter of Nikki, she was also on Dead Set.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    Sarah Warrington (Beth Cordingly), the step daughter of Nikki, she was also on Dead Set.

Thats right, she was such a good actress. Surprised she isn't bigger, or at least been cast in one of the bigger soaps since.
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,376
    Forum Member
    I saw Liz Crowther who played Annie Hart and Brighton railway station last night. She had a lovely summer dress on and I saw the socks and what looked like army boots on! How very different from Annie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it have been great if Annie had survived the explosion. I'd almost write a fanfic...