Taylor Swift Vs Adele

1101112131416»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Yes but as i discussed contextually if you look at it on a larger scale she is in the dirt behind most others dominating 1 market does not make for the biggest.

And i know GL im confused myself :p ive seen the 23m figures and her individual album figures something somwhere isn't adding up with someone and im not quite sure who.

Well the biggest is a pointless argument, she earned most money and is the biggest in the number 1 (and some would say the only important) music market in the world, what more can be said.

The figures dont add up because various websites have different figures, I have seen figures for taylor giving her only 15M workwide while others well in excess of 25M Thats why the one and only tme i listen is when the figures come from taylor or one of her mouthpieces. I dont know what the current figure is and until it comes from someone official I really will only use what taylor said last and that was approaching 24M. Even billboard had her sales at 24M in an article earlier in the year but it did not say if they were official or they had just rounded up or down.
    Whatever, we know its somewhere around 25M in total of all her albums including special editions, limitd editions and the like, she has more albums then just the 4 basic ones.
    But counting albums sales is for lightweight artists, her live touring is far more important as that is a bigger indication of her standing.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the biggest is a pointless argument, she earned most money and is the biggest in the number 1 (and some would say the only important) music market in the world, what more can be said.

The figures dont add up because various websites have different figures, I have seen figures for taylor giving her only 15M workwide while others well in excess of 25M Thats why the one and only tme i listen is when the figures come from taylor or one of her mouthpieces. I dont know what the current figure is and until it comes from someone official I really will only use what taylor said last and that was approaching 24M. Even billboard had her sales at 24M in an article earlier in the year but it did not say if they were official or they had just rounded up or down.
    Whatever, we know its somewhere around 25M in total of all her albums including special editions, limitd editions and the like, she has more albums then just the 4 basic ones.
    But counting albums sales is for lightweight artists, her live touring is far more important as that is a bigger indication of her standing.

There are equally important markets in the world the US charts for instance at the moment is heavily influenced by the UK, and European music scene and after all those sounds have heavily influenced parts of Red.

And i think that is true conflicting reports but i would agree there's the Ep's etc and i think overall would tally closer to your estimations. And true she can sell a tour if not an album :p
  • robo2robo2 Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the way you pluck a figure out of the air for taylors album sales, she got an award for passing 20M (it was almost 21M when she got the award) back in march 2011, almost 2 years ago. Your figures are in excess of 5M light.
    But carry on with these crazy figures, gives us taylor fans a laugh if nothing else.

Guess the 13 stadums she has sold out on her upcomng tour is also false, maybe the crazy websites where you get your facts:eek: and figures have something different you would like to tell us.

you are a total liar, you claimed big machine announced 25 million sales last year at christmas but have been able to find no proof of this despite me asking numerous times, her album sales before red was released were around 21 million and the 20 million albums sold included sales of her christmas ep as stated in the easily found big machine press release

"20 million is the world-wide combined sales total for her three Big Machine Records studio albums: Taylor Swift (released in 2006), Fearless (2008), and Speak Now (October, 2010), plus The Taylor Swift Holiday Collection and Beautiful Eyes (a Walmart-only release)."

i look forward to red selling around 4 million and then big machine actually releaseing a 25 million album update in a few weeks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your math is poor:) How does it tally to 20M, she had 21M almost 2 years ago, her record company and taylor herself spoke about aproaching 24M sold (not shipped) and we have sales of red on top.

I know its about trying to discredit taylor as much as possible but these understated album sales figures is becoming a bit of a joke.
    But call it as you want, it dont distract from her being the biggest female artist on the planet at the moment.

And in taylors own words...
    I was screaming long live all the magic we made
    And bring on all the pretenders I'm not afraid

it was less than a year and a half ago and before red she was selling very little every week all sales figures pre red showed she had sold between 21 and 21.5 million albums its you that pulled the 25 million total from nowhere and when asked for proof you couldnt find any
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but as i discussed contextually if you look at it on a larger scale she is in the dirt behind most others dominating 1 market does not make for the biggest.

And i know GL im confused myself :p ive seen the 23m figures and her individual album figures something somwhere isn't adding up with someone and im not quite sure who.

geordielady has been claiming 25 millon albums sold since last christmas based on a supposed statement from big machine saying that she has sold 25 million albums when asked to show this statement she has been unable to find it despite the 20 million albums sold statement still being up on big machines website from march 2011 all available sales figures indicate around 21 - 21.5 million before red not 25 million or the 15 million geordielady is attempting to throw in to muddy the waters
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are equally important markets in the world the US charts for instance at the moment is heavily influenced by the UK, and European music scene and after all those sounds have heavily influenced parts of Red.

And i think that is true conflicting reports but i would agree there's the Ep's etc and i think overall would tally closer to your estimations. And true she can sell a tour if not an album :p

Finally, took long enough for you to see it! But its not easy to find accurate figures that include everything, thats why I prefer to wait for offical announcements and not look at these websites that many get the figures from as they are never accurate.

And of course other parts of the world are important but the US is where its at and the most important, many would be happy with being big in the states and nowhere else in the world, thats how important the US is and trumps everywhere else combined. If you massive in the states anywhere else is just a bonus but not critical. And thats basically where taylor sits, but the advantage taylor has is the rest of the world (apart from the UK) will eventually follow, Oz and asia will get bigger and bigger along with south america, he future is all rosy for the coolest and most talented female artist out there at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    First.

If you thought that Taylor Swift would give up on the idea of purchasing a house in Hyannisport, MA near the Kennedy Compound just because she split up with Conor Kennedy, think again. The Boston Herald reports that the transaction is a done deal.

Second.
    Rihanna most likely will hit #1 on BB 200 this week.

Third.
    Selling out a US tour to 10 year olds and their moms does not make you the biggest star on the face of the planet.

On Itunes Worldwide ranking TS is not near the top.
    As of today:

1 Rihanna
    2 AC/DC
    3 ADELE
    4 One Direction
    5 Coldplay
    6 David Guetta
    7 Pitbull
    8 Maroon 5
    9 Lana Del Rey
    10 Nicki Minaj
    11 Bruno Mars
    12 Flo Rida
    13 Christina Aguilera
    14 P!nk
    15 Taylor Swift

4. The fact Amazon is looking to lower Red to $3.99 in US speaks volumes. 21 still selling for 11.88 almost two years later.

5. Rihanna gets her 12th BB100 #1 hit.

6. Rihanna is currently adding stadium tour dates around the world to meet high demand.

What else am I missing here?

Oh. GL's prediction that Red will sell 20+ million just isn't gonna happen. Not by a country mile. I think that's good for now.

-If she bought 13 mil summer home for 4,8 mil that does not look bad on her at all it makes her a savvy business-woman. Everybody with brains knows that real estate is where`s it at.

-I really hope she does hit nr1. She will be dragged to pits if she does not. :p Doing 16-17% (she is predicted 240k) of the sales that "Red" did first week is not bad for her at all.

-gtfo with that Itunes ranking. Rihanna just had an album out 3 days ago. Of course she is flying high atm.

- "Red" has not had a single discount during Thanksgiving. They are selling it for 13,99 and 14,99 everywhere while Rihanna sells her new offering with 9,99 and reportedly some retailers have even discounted it even more for the holidays. Which makes it even more embarrassing if she indeed gets outsold by Taylor and her 5-th week with "Unapologetic".:p

-Rihanna`s tour will still be outgrossed by Taylor. Fact.

At the end of the day Rihanna will stay a talentless label puppet and Taylor will stay a critical darling and sales juggernaut.
    Forum Member

26 million albums and 75 million song downloads

http://taylorswift.com/news/111721
    Forum Member
    Amazon discounted huge amount of albums to 5 bucks but "Red" is still selling for 13.88. Damn.

Shadesofblack- your delusion is so funny.
    http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-music-albums/zgbs/music

Rihanna is placed 35. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    26 million albums and 75 million song downloads

http://taylorswift.com/news/111721

Well 26 million + fits about right into my figures, which oif course came from big machine and from taylor herself:)hopefully that will stop the usual suspects here going on an on about taylor only having 20M sales. And thats come from taylor swift. com as well not some lame cowboy website but her official one.

And for those here who now have red faces, here is what is says....

RED, released on Big Machine Records, has topped the sales charts in 42 countries worldwide, with international sales topping 920,000 albums thus far. Taylor now has worldwide career record sales in excess of 26 million albums and 75 million song downloads.

Does this deserve a thread in its own right for those who dont visit this one, yes it does :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adele's 19 Re-enters Top 10 on Itunes in US and Canada

also on Amazon :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robo2 wrote: »
    you are a total liar, you claimed big machine announced 25 million sales last year at christmas but have been able to find no proof of this despite me asking numerous times, her album sales before red was released were around 21 million and the 20 million albums sold included sales of her christmas ep as stated in the easily found big machine press release

"20 million is the world-wide combined sales total for her three Big Machine Records studio albums: Taylor Swift (released in 2006), Fearless (2008), and Speak Now (October, 2010), plus The Taylor Swift Holiday Collection and Beautiful Eyes (a Walmart-only release)."

i look forward to red selling around 4 million and then big machine actually releaseing a 25 million album update in a few weeks

Have you seen the new taylor thread yet.

How that red face of yours, but one thing you now know, stop taking notice of those cowboy websites where you keep getting sales figures from as they are so, so SO wrong:p
    When big machine and taylor say something they dont lie, and when I repeat it here I dont lie either.,,, just saying like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    rbautz wrote: »
    Adele's 19 Re-enters Top 10 on Itunes in US and Canada

also on Amazon :D
    What?! Why?! How?! I didn't believe you, but it's true! #5 in Canada, #9 in US. What is going on?
  • shadesofblackshadesofblack Posts: 1,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen the new taylor thread yet.

How that red face of yours, but one thing you now know, stop taking notice of those cowboy websites where you keep getting sales figures from as they are so, so SO wrong:p
    When big machine and taylor say something they dont lie, and when I repeat it here I dont lie either.,,, just saying like.

Yea, I did. I'm starting a new one too!
    World Charts has 21 at over 26 million copies sold worldwide. Or the same as TS's albums combined. OUCH! That's got to hurt.

21 is 26k copies away from passing Oasis's What's the Story Morning Glory. In doing so it will be the 4th biggest selling album in UK history and the only one in top four not to have a re-release to get those numbers.

So 21 will be the biggest album in UK history on first release!
    Woo hoo!

Music Charts: 21 by Adele

Week 92 - 73,000

Total:

Forum Member
    Amazon discounted huge amount of albums to 5 bucks but "Red" is still selling for 13.88. Damn.

Shadesofblack- your delusion is so funny.
    http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-music-albums/zgbs/music

Rihanna is placed 35. :D
    I think it's a misunderstanding. What Shadesofblack is quoting is an estimation of a relative popularity on iTunes (not on Amazon) in the World (not in US). It's taken from the kworb list which is trying to balance popularity of artists, songs, albums in the world. Rihanna is #1 on the list, with a huge lead in singles department, but also doing ok when it comes to albums. And albums will go up as Unapologetic is being released this Monday.
    Forum Member
    Yea, I did. I'm starting a new one too!
    World Charts has 21 at over 26 million copies sold worldwide. Or the same as TS's albums combined. OUCH! That's got to hurt.

21 is 26k copies away from passing Oasis's What's the Story Morning Glory. In doing so it will be the 4th biggest selling album in UK history and the only one in top four not to have a re-release to get those numbers.

So 21 will be the biggest album in UK history on first release!
    Woo hoo!
    Don't forget Diamond for the Live at the Royal Alberts Hall. This one is also closing fast on Diamond in US.

But I really wonder what's happening with 19.
    Forum Member
    Ok, I see it's discounted. Clearly, there is still an interest. It must be this recent hype about 19 in media. ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well 26 million + fits about right into my figures, which oif course came from big machine and from taylor herself:)hopefully that will stop the usual suspects here going on an on about taylor only having 20M sales. And thats come from taylor swift. com as well not some lame cowboy website but her official one.

And for those here who now have red faces, here is what is says....

RED, released on Big Machine Records, has topped the sales charts in 42 countries worldwide, with international sales topping 920,000 albums thus far. Taylor now has worldwide career record sales in excess of 26 million albums and 75 million song downloads.

Does this deserve a thread in its own right for those who dont visit this one, yes it does :D

you stated she had sold 24 million last christmas and 25 million in the summer adding the three million red sales and sales of her other albums since then would give a total over 28 million and not the 26 million big machine has stated

so you are 2 million out, i suggested she had sold 21.8 million in the summer so adding the 3 million sales of red and sales of her other albums since then makes 25 million so i am 1 million out

can you explain how me being a million closer to her album sales than you is a victory for you? :D your usual absolute nonsense
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    This is no ordinary fact - this a geordielady 'fact'. :D