The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    She's been in the press constantly for the last two weeks, hopefully that's generated towards sales for both LIG and HOH :(
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I think she has other material for the US release that isn't on the UK/European version.....HOH seems almost too European, and considering she worked with a bunch of American producers, I wouldn't be surprised if she had other material saved up for a US version of HOH...

That snippet with Rico we heard on the Ustream sounded nothing like the style we've now heard for HOH....I think there are other things planned personally...:)

MTE ;):D
    Forum Member
    November 7th is far far too soon for any US album....If anything I would hope that it is a single release date for the US...she will have to tour/gig/run around radios first to gain momentum in the US like Cher Lloyd and 1D before she even considers an album release....

Not necessarily. If she gets radio on side, it can be done. She's a mainstream act. It took the wanted about 3 months, standard time. If alex went in august (early) november would be ok. They can do a big launch, tv etc and it will work. She has the advantage of cross generational appeal and is superb live. It helps. Adele intially got RITD to#13 in the us by late february and it came out in late december. And that was only through AC/Hot AC radio, mainstream didn't take to it in feb 2011, that happened it march when it went for adds and didn't top the pop songs till late may.
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    MTE ;):D

Rico did say there was gonna be a big american push for this album so she probs has Urban hits for US ready

Urban doesn't do really well in the UK

GURL IS READY 2 SNATCH THOSE LESSOR NAPPY WEAVES
    WEAVES GONNA BE FLYING EVERYWHERE (char's in particular)
    Forum Member
    https://instagr.am/p/K-jJBpnbqk/

Yes I'm liking this outfit Alex!

LMAO at Char posting it though...all our nudging has finally paid off. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    is capital run by 6 year old children? I mean banning 1D and not playing alex because some other radio played it?! I mean someone please tell them to grow up?
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Alex is once again not playlisted on R1

i bet they'll either jump on the bandwagon next week, once they see it's going top 5
    or they'll not support it at all
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    https://instagr.am/p/K-jJBpnbqk/

Yes I'm liking this outfit Alex!

LMAO at Char posting it though...all our nudging has finally paid off. :D

why they done a photoshoot? New video? :o
    Forum Member
    Different wrote: »
    why they done a photoshoot? New video? :o

Loool No, she seems to be paying more attention to Alex now...which is how it should be IMO.

Alex >>>>>>> the other acts char manages.
    Forum Member
    Loool No, she seems to be paying more attention to Alex now...which is how it should be IMO.

Alex >>>>>>> the other acts char manages.

who the hell would take this flop manager?
    Forum Member
    who the hell would take this flop manager?

Lmao Idek....but Misha B is managed by her :eek:
    Forum Member
    Lmao Idek....but Misha B is managed by her :eek:

i fear for her career ... Misha is talented.. shouldn;t be managed by that girl
    Forum Member
    i fear for her career ... Misha is talented.. shouldn;t be managed by that girl

IKR. :rolleyes:

https://instagr.am/p/K-rk29P_Vu/

Another instagram picture from today...Alex looks beautiful. :D
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I love the new ke$ha snippets of her sample of WOOHOOO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ybUjDVDI9U

can see it being a big club hit :P
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    I love the new ke$ha snippets of her sample of WOOHOOO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ybUjDVDI9U

can see it being a big club hit :P

I thought she tweeted that these songs were old and not on the album.....?

Back to AB though...I think she has a bloody hard choice for the next single....I'm hoping it's either Fire/Tonight/Daylight Robbery personally...
    Forum Member
    I thought she tweeted that these songs were old and not on the album.....?

Back to AB though...I think she has a bloody hard choice for the next single....I'm hoping it's either Fire/Tonight/Daylight Robbery personally...

I'm hoping it's Between the sheets personally, but I think it'll most likely be Tonight or Fire. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping it's Between the sheets personally, but I think it'll most likely be Tonight or Fire. :)

As much as I love BTS, I just think it sounds like an album track only to me....much like NBTG....I think Tonight or Fire too....though I think the Michael Woods connection is something she could exploit with Daylight Robbery....especially given the radio situation...
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question for you Alex Fans:

When is Let It Go Out?

As I like it and will download it off amazon when it's released :)
    Forum Member
    Rico did say there was gonna be a big american push for this album so she probs has Urban hits for US ready

Deathhh at the last paragraph!! :D
    Forum Member
    1992 wrote: »
    Question for you Alex Fans:

When is Let It Go Out?

As I like it and will download it off amazon when it's released :)

Sunday :)
    Forum Member

Her 50p weave from tooting market has already been snatched and left bald. :cool::D
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    Sunday :)

What are you fans hoping for chart wise? I know every fan for their artist(s) will always say #1 as I would for LM. But if not #1 I take it you would like it to chart around the same as Elephant which was #3?
  • djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What are you fans hoping for chart wise? I know every fan for their artist(s) will always say #1 as I would for LM. But if not #1 I take it you would like it to chart around the same as Elephant which was #3?

Top 3 would be an amazing achievement considering all the politics. It would easily reach number 1 if it was supported though. :( Personally I'd be really happy with top 5 :)
    Forum Member

I'm rooting for like #4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her 50p weave from tooting market has already been snatched and left bald. :cool::D

To be honest I don't even think anyone would want to snatch that mess of a weave....more like point and laugh that anyone would be stupid enough to put that on their head.....

But anyway....top 5 for LIG would be amazing and show that Alex can get 2 top 5s in a row without radio support but tbh I think it will chart in the top 10...
This discussion has been closed.