DVD Recorders - Info required

Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,

Has anyone got any first hand experience of any of the current DVD recorders? Any recommendations?

It needs to be able to accept input from a digital camcorder (with a bit of editing facilty)

And record from a Digital NTL setup (no analogue available)

I believe they are dropping below the £500 mark and it would be nice to record programmes like '24' to shiny discs.

Advice welcomed.

Cheers.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Hi

Have a look at this link.
    http://thewholewideweb.com/forum/default.asp?CAT_ID=7
    It has info about a Panasonic DVD Recorder. I purchased one of these about 4 months ago, and it was the best thing I every did. It is superb, and I wouldn't be without it.
    The flexibility of the unit make it very attractive to purchase.

Laurie
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've been available for well under £500 for around a year now.

I've had a Philips DVDR-880 for just under a year and I've been so happy with it that I recently picked up a Philips DVDR-75 too. The 75 has an i.Link/Firewire connector for digital camcorders and like all the Philips machines it has some editing capabilities.

See the DVD+RW site for more information on these machines.

Murray
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    i got apanny e50 -ram recorder and the editing is great i would recomend ram to anyone
    at the price of £300 chipped it was a exelent deal
    it dosent have camcorder inputs but i understand dmre80 has one
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RAM is absolutely the best format for editing, but it's absolutely useless for lending discs to your mates because there are almost no DVD players that can play them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    a lack of ram compaterble players my biggest problem so after just about three months im already thinking of upgrading to a hs2 so i can use the hdd to transfer edited ram footage to dvd-r
    it seems to me that the hdd recorder solves a lot of my problems