Anyone else given up?

snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I genuinely can't remember a season so predictable and boring.

Comments

• ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I actually like the fact there getting rid of the 'weaker' players (well apart from Devin) players at the beginning because when it comes to turning on each other it's going to be great :D
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    This is one of my favourite series :D
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    It's really hard to enjoy

WTF were the producers on thinking of 2 HOH's 4 nominees?!?!

It's ruined nearly every aspect of strategy

And team America is an awful twist
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I actually like the fact there getting rid of the 'weaker' players (well apart from Devin) players at the beginning because when it comes to turning on each other it's going to be great :D

But there's too many weak players, so there's many still left in the house.

I watch as it's still professionally edited and something to watch. But it's the worst I've seen since I started watching (BB13).
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    But there's too many weak players, so there's many still left in the house.

I watch as it's still professionally edited and something to watch. But it's the worst I've seen since I started watching (BB13).

I'd only consider Jacosta as the only weak player left tbh.
  • Shine_OnShine_On Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not enjoying it :( Close to not bothering watching even the Highlights. At the moment I rank this lower than any Big Brother I've ever watched including the UK series.
  • snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the same people in power every week. I haven't cared in the slightest who wins BOB or POV because it's never going to make a difference. Those that are in power aren't remotely interesting or easy to root for either. Derrick and Cody are dull as dishwater and I absolutely loathe Frankie. Zach is alright, but vastly overrated. The rest are either useless in competitions, or idiots that are far too easily influenced by Derrick and co.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After tonight I have high hopes that it will heat up.

Donny / Haycole need to win 1 of the HoH coming up though to keep things interesting.
  • onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    Gave up when Brittany was evicted, i have an extreme dislike for almost all of the other HG, however... the double eviction coming up has me interested enough to give it another try in hope that things might shake up. I still kind of like Nicole/Donny so if things could fall their way and the Frankie, Derrick, Cody, Christine's could feel some heat that would be splendid.
  • pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit disappointing that it's so predictable and that the power has swung so little. Even when two people outside of the main alliance won HOH they couldn't see the obvious and nominate all people in the main alliance.

Still, I like this cast easily better than a few of the other casts.
  • racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having never seen it before I've got nothing to rate it on ..needless to say I've done a mega fest over the last two days ... (poorly)....;-) and I've been gripped.... love the tasks....almost Hollywood sets compared to BBUK :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should have watched Big Brother Canada series 2 this year. It was amazing.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    The feeds have been great since the double eviction.
  • snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shine_On wrote: »
    You should have watched Big Brother Canada series 2 this year. It was amazing.

I stopped watching that after they made the public HOH.
  • V1Chris21V1Chris21 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pondie84 wrote: »
    It's a bit disappointing that it's so predictable and that the power has swung so little. Even when two people outside of the main alliance won HOH they couldn't see the obvious and nominate all people in the main alliance.

Still, I like this cast easily better than a few of the other casts.

The problem is that the main alliance has the stronger competitors so if they get nominated, will likely win BoB and save themselves.

I'm still really enjoying this season though - maybe because I hated the last on so much!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was on the verge on giving up before the double eviction, and it pretty much sealed the deal. I'll keep an eye on the updates and catch up on any important episodes but that's pretty much it.
  • onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    I was on the verge on giving up before the double eviction, and it pretty much sealed the deal. I'll keep an eye on the updates and catch up on any important episodes but that's pretty much it.

Agree, the double eviction was my last chance to remain invested and engaged... while it was a decent episode, the fact that nothing changes in there, the same crap from the beginning until now, and even going into this next eviction where it looked like something might actually happen to shift things and change things up but.... NOPE! Same mess, again and again.

[The rest of this post is a separate expression from the quoted post, unrelated to]

I check updates here and there and probably will watch the eviction Episode, and that's it... for someone who loves live feed to be so uninterested in things that i don't even care to check out live feed is all the commentary in which needs to be said.

I blame Grodner/Production/Big Brother and i blame casting for most of it, the rest i blame on the fans.... for not being open to the entirety of what Big Brother is instead of being so obsessed with this "game" aspect of it and this idea that it's somehow a fair gaming competition like you would find in sports, i feel like the lack of an understanding of what Big Brother is... on the fan side, it does limit Big Brother/Production and hold them back somewhat.

Fans will complain about this season, for example... however, if Big Brother gets involved and does something like hands power over to the viewers to where we can go after some of the power in the house and change things up, many will be unhappy that it's "rigged" [a lot can't even discern the difference between manipulation and rigging] and there will be outcry about the purity and integrity [haha] of the "game", and Big Brother interference, etc, etc... and this this whole idea that it's "just a game" so anything can be excused, etc,..... Which, it's fine if people enjoy the game aspect of things... however, the issue is where it becomes so closed off as if that's the entirety and absolute in defining of Big Brother to where nothing else is allowed, which is the current state of BBUS,

I don't even know why i continue with Big Brother USA... It's the furthest Big Brother and most removed from what Big Brother is. I suppose it's because i can sort of watch live feed and do my own thing at times, as long as there is interesting and engaging things ongoing [unlike this Season].

Big Brother Canada is currently far superior than the US variation [within it's own format // AUS/UK being superior to both] in my opinion, and... it's because they adapted their version from all of the variations and stayed somewhat true to what Big Brother is. So, even if the US version crumbles... hopefully, the UK/AUS/CAN versions continue to thrive, a BBUS loss wouldn't be that huge of a deal, which... I can see live feed being shut down and it transitioning over to an edited show in a few years, if things continue on this same path.
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I've said before the live stream actually makes much more sense in a public vote version. They are bringing the public more into the game, though the twists aren't that consistent or well thought out, so it's not a well thought out part of the game.
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is my first season but I'm losing motivation to keep watching. Nicole is the only one left I properly like, Donny too I guess. Victoria is a lovely girl but such a pointless player, she's done basically nothing in the way of game. Zach and Caleb are good to watch as such hot messes too. I don't really have an opinion on Cody or Derrick,

Christine and especially Frankie make my blood boil. I'm an Ariana fan but he just makes me shout at the screen most of the time, he is so self righteous and self centred. I really hope he doesn't regain lots of trust as he planned and he's gone soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is my first season but I'm losing motivation to keep watching. Nicole is the only one left I properly like, Donny too I guess. Victoria is a lovely girl but such a pointless player, she's done basically nothing in the way of game. Zach and Caleb are good to watch as such hot messes too. I don't really have an opinion on Cody or Derrick,

Christine and especially Frankie make my blood boil. I'm an Ariana fan but he just makes me shout at the screen most of the time, he is so self righteous and self centred. I really hope he doesn't regain lots of trust as he planned and he's gone soon.

Please don't let this season put you off completely. They aren't all nearly half as bad as this season is.

I recommend: season 2, 3, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree 6, 10, 11, 13 are ones I love, never watched 2, 3 or 8.

10 was for me the best, still annoyed at Memphis evicting Keesha when she'd saved his behind the week Jesse went. But I still liked Memphis anyway.
  • freddieaxlfreddieaxl Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep! This week apparently they chose the nominees by assigning housemates to coloured skittles and picked from a packet.

How is it even a game anymore?

Though last series was abhorrent with racism, homophobia etc., this is my least favourite season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree 6, 10, 11, 13 are ones I love, never watched 2, 3 or 8.

10 was for me the best, still annoyed at Memphis evicting Keesha when she'd saved his behind the week Jesse went. But I still liked Memphis anyway.

S8 is a good season, prob one of the earliest times for producer manipulation though
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was probably the strongest cast lineup in a long time. The twists could've potentially worked, but they haven't, and just created a dull and predictable house. They all seem hung up on keeping this alliance together that it is so uninteresting. The past few weeks, they have started of interesting, as it seems like they plan to make a move. But they coware, and be predictable. Yes like that alliance is still together, but only one of them is gonna win, and most of them are doing nothing to insure it is them thats at the end...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think this year was a particular strong cast. Sadly, It was the usual stereotypes that got selected. A few gamers, a few facebook models that got recruited and the usual cannon fodder morons that don't have a clue what they're doing. But I don't think that was the problem this year ... it's the double HoH, it makes everyone play safe which has led to a dull series and very dull livefeed.

Almost every week it's been obvious who was going home 5 minutes after the livefeed came on after Veto was played. Apart from the America's Player tasks, which have been pathetic, there's nothing else to the US livefeed except game talk ... but if theres no game for them to talk about because it was all wrapped up on Sunday then there's nothing worth watching from Monday to Thursday.

With BB Canada there was something regularly going on with the livefeed. So even if it was a predictable / boring week you still had a funny secret task, or viewer participation event which was usually followed by alcohol being sent into the house which then turned the house upside down or made for some funny / embarrasing moments.

If I'm honest, I think the US version is the worst version of all the Big Brother's I've watched. It's not the rule set at fault, it's the production. The producers have no imagination and don't give any thought to the twists they do put in. The obvious DR manipulation and competition rigging isn't even fun, they always pick assholes to favour that no one likes anyway. Even the editing of the highlights is garbage - it's generally so far from the truth that you may as well ask Victoria what went on in the house.