Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    I saw her several times in the Ladies at the Cogges Farm Museum.:o Our children's bladders seemed to be synchronised.:D

she seemed really nice and down to earth if i do remember rightly:D but then i'm from near witney too so im probably biased!:D
  • TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met Noah Taylor my all time favourite Aussie actor (any Aussies on the forum should know who he is for those that don't he's been in quite a few Hollywood movies - the geeky assistant in Tomb Raider, Vanilla Sky, Almost Famous etc.) last weekend at a Nick Cave gig and he was really nice spent a little time talking to us, he was really sweet and didn't object to posing for a photo. :D
  • yagyag Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cousin had a date with a plumber, whose boss once mended Paul Shane's dishwasher.
    Paul wasn't in at the time, so I don't know if he was nice or nasty :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    My cousin had a date with a plumber, whose boss once mended Paul Shane's dishwasher.
    Paul wasn't in at the time, so I don't know if he was nice or nasty

Lol.

I've met Stewart Lee (of Lee & Herring). I bought him a pint after one of his stand up gigs then he bought me a G&T. :)

Richard Herring (of Lee and Herring, haha) is very sweet and quite fanciable up close.

I once became seperated from a friend and my aunt at a huge music festival, and being only 14 at the time I was quite distraught. I was taken backstage by a security person to calm down and wait for them when I saw Jarvis Cocker sitting down and having a chat with someone. To cut a long story short, he was probably the nicest 'celeb' I've met and my most treasured possession is a piece of paper with a short poem he wrote for me on it. :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, that's a nice story - I always thought Jarvis seemed like a really nice guy.

The only celebs I have met are Ian Kelsey from Emmerdale - he was polite, but quite shy - and Billy Bragg, who was absolutely lovely, and very friendly.

I used to do dance and drama classes with Suzi Perry though when she was about 16 and I was about 14. She was exactly like she is on the tv.
  • Callie RawstonCallie Rawston Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Hey, just saw this thread and thought I'd drop my two-peneth in...

David Seaman - Lovely guy, met him at an ice skating show this year (Kyron Bracken was in it, so he came along with his family to support). He was happy to chat / sign autographs despite being on family night out.

X factor finalists 2006 - Met at charity film premiere in Leicester Sq - For the most part, rude and walked right by us - except one of them, Ray I think his name was - who posed for photos and chatted.

As did Shane Richie who was in the film... He waited around for ages (till most people had gone) so everyone (inc us) got a picture with him.

Cast of the Bill (current) - have met most as film near where I work, lovely people - very smily and happy to chat between takes.

Young cast of Eastenders (current) - met some of the younger teens from Eastenders recently - lovely group of kids, very keen and eager.

Cast of Holby City (Maddy and Jac - Nadine Lewington, Rosie Marcel) - again met recently (was at BBC studios in Elstree) - both lovely, delightful girls. Nice to meet them and chat for a while - they were happy to talk.

Thats my few anyway... Callie x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member

X factor finalists 2006 - Met at charity film premiere in Leicester Sq - For the most part, rude and walked right by us - except one of them, Ray I think his name was - who posed for photos and chatted.

How dare they not speak to EACH AND EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the crowd outside the cinema? That's outrageous!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How dare they not speak to EACH AND EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the crowd outside the cinema? That's outrageous!

True, but a simple smile whilst glancing through the crowd would have been okay. You can also tell if someone is rude as well, from the way their body language is when they walk by you. You have people who are shy when walking past you, and you have people who are just plain rude and upp themselves.
  • Callie RawstonCallie Rawston Posts: 48
    Forum Member

Okay, totally misreading my point there... they were the star guests and were there to feed off the publicity so they could get votes for the X Factor.
    I wasn't expecting any of them to stop and have a three week conversation, just a smile or an acknowledgement...

It was Leona and Eton Road (a band) that were kinda rude though, and when I said they walked by us, it was more like they walked through us. We weren't even important enough for them to walk around us.

Oh and can I just add, I wasn't outside the cinema - we were special guests at the premiere and were inside. We weren't just randomly adding around outside desperate to see the stars, we were there for a reason and they failed to acknowledge anyone existed.
  • ImOnlyWeeImOnlyWee Posts: 11,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah Lark(I'd Do Anything) she is just beyond lovely. Nicest person I have ever met - so much time for everyone.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cast of Holby City (Maddy and Jac - Nadine Lewington, Rosie Marcel) - again met recently (was at BBC studios in Elstree) - both lovely, delightful girls. Nice to meet them and chat for a while - they were happy to talk.

My sister met Rosie too and also said she was lovely. Stood and chatted for a while too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ImOnlyWee wrote: »
    Sarah Lark(I'd Do Anything) she is just beyond lovely. Nicest person I have ever met - so much time for everyone.

I'm glad to hear that, she was one of my favourites. You could tell she was just the nicest person from watching her on tv.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Steve Coogan, absolute horror. Really really rude.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    John Barrowman, absolutely charming :)
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    I met Emma Bunton and she was absolutely lovely. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Ewan McGregor... Saw him in a bike shop next to my office... absolutely adorable... love him!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xassy wrote: »
    I met Emma Bunton and she was absolutely lovely. :)

I could well imagine this, as everytime I've seen her on television, she's always been in a calm and pleasant mood. I've never seen her displaying any arrogance at all. Although, I can only go by what I see on television though. From your post, it would seem this is the true her.
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I could well imagine this, as everytime I've seen her on television, she's always been in a calm and pleasant mood. I've never seen her displaying any arrogance at all. Although, I can only go by what I see on television though. From your post, it would seem this is the true her.

She politely posed for lots of photos and we kept passing cameras and she was very patient. I saw her on Loose Women today and it reminded me how charming and friendly she was to us. Not everyone would have spent that long with about 6 cameras and a bunch of giggling teenage girls.
  • blackrockblackrock Posts: 3,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tizerbabe wrote: »
    I met Barrack Obama in Tescos and I can say he was a lovely gentleman who even let me go ahead of him in the queue as I only had a tin of tuna and some potato twirlers. On the other hand I met that Gordon Brown in Waitrose and he needs to learn some manners. He was so stuckup and he spoke in a foreign way that I could not understand a word.

I hope one day to meet Pam St Clements down the aisles in Wilkonsons, Aldershot. When that day happenes I will die a very happy woman. Thankyou

I am impressed and very jealous! By all reports Barack Obama is a great guy, and I will never get to meet him like you did because he'll be shielded by the Secret Service now forever.
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patricia Routledge is famously foul. I've found she's a bit better if she has a glass in her hand ...

In response to the previous message: I thought Gordon brown was charming, when I met him. His wife was most odd, though.
  • moonbabymoonbaby Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patricia Routledge is famously foul. I've found she's a bit better if she has a glass in her hand ...

Is she the woman who plays Hyacinth Bucket?
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the one. Terrible, rude, very "grand". One of the "do you know who I am?" brigade.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best!
    Neil Young, a local resident where I grew up with no pretensions, who couldn't be more down to earth and pleasant
    Jonathan Richman (Modern Lovers), who was interested in everyone and everything

Very warm and friendly
    Helen Hunt in a tiny taco bar on Maui
    Elvis Costello, climbing down off the tour bus
    John Irving, who read all his works in progress on campus and chatted endlessly
    Jello Biafra (Eric) of the Dead Kennedys, a dorm-mate and very funny!
    Joan Baez, who I didn't meet myself, but my husband attended traffic school with her several years ago. She was very chatty and friendly.
    Spalding Gray, Artist in Residence on my campus, a sweetie but a horn dog (RIP Spuddy:cry:)

Polite but very reserved
    Cliff Robertson at Grosvenor House
    Alex Chilton in the bar before performing with Big Star
    2008 Nobel Prize winner Jean-Marie-Gustave Le Clézio, my French lit professor as an undergraduate

Eccentric but quite interesting to talk to
    Eugene Ionesco, Artist in Residence on campus
    Brian Eno, after his "Oblique Strategies" lecture on campus

Really, really grumpy
    Sean Penn, but I forgive him because he was posing in a dark suit under the broiling summer sun, and probably just wanted to go inside the hotel and have a cold drink

Who I'd love to meet, but never have...has anyone here?
    Martin Amis
    Eve Babitz
    Richard Armitage (the actor, not the U.S. Deputy Secretary of State)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blackrock wrote: »
    I am impressed and very jealous! By all reports Barack Obama is a great guy, and I will never get to meet him like you did because he'll be shielded by the Secret Service now forever.

*giggle* I think Tizergirl's post may have been taking the mick! I can't imagine Gordon Brown will have been shopping in Tesco's, not in the last 10 years anyway and certainly not without a load of security guys surrounding him.

Love the idea of Barack letting people in the queue in front of him at Waitrose though :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tommy_tank wrote: »
    *giggle* I think Tizergirl's post may have been taking the mick! I can't imagine Gordon Brown will have been shopping in Tesco's, not in the last 10 years anyway and certainly not without a load of security guys surrounding him.

Love the idea of Barack letting people in the queue in front of him at Waitrose though :D

Oops! It rang true for me about Obama because I just read an article in the Washington Post about how normal Barack Obama's life was until very recently, and how living inside the new "protective bubble" is quite a challenge for him and his family, unlike the past five presidents of my country:

"Four of the past five presidents moved into the White House from a government mansion; the fifth, Ronald Reagan, had spent two terms as a California governor. All were familiar with living in a security bubble -- a public space -- and dealing antiseptically with the outside world.

Until recently, Obama and his wife were accustomed to pumping their own gas, shopping at a nearby food co-op, riding bikes along Lake Michigan and attending neighborhood barbecues."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/23/AR2008112302505.html?sid=ST2008112400051&s_pos=