People who make mistakes while driving and then blame you!

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the arrogant cow will think about that next time she tries to intimidate and bully another road user with her flash car and horn beeping.

I was only responding to her. Im entitled to stick up for myself.

Awww I'm detecting a case of Jealousy

:D
  • Malice CooperMalice Cooper Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flash rich car = the right to own the road and look down your nose at people
  • Lego PigLego Pig Posts: 2,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flash rich car = the right to own the road and look down your nose at people

That goes for people carriers and SUV's too.
  • lucky74lucky74 Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually agree with the two previous points. I'd like to add boy racers in small hatchbacks that tailgate you too though.
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,829
    Forum Member
    Lego Pig wrote: »
    I cant say because it is againt ToS to discuss intent of commiting an illegal act.

If you cannot abide by existing laws I would suggest it is a waste of your time constantly proposing new ones. :D
  • Lego PigLego Pig Posts: 2,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard46 wrote: »
    If you cannot abide by existing laws I would suggest it is a waste of your time constantly proposing new ones. :D

do as i say, not do as i do. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    So she was on the major road and you were in the minor road?

She had to stop because you were pulling out?

I Just want to clarify before I comment.

Minor/major road does not matter if she was speeding. No matter who was technically at fault... if one was breaking road laws... they are at blame by default!
  • Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    I find it funny the way some people think they can stop their car by using their horn. The amount of people I have seen whizzing around a roundabout and someone pull's out and their instinct reaction is to blast the horn instead of using their brakes.
    In these cases there must be plenty of room/time to pull out, especially if brakes aren't needed, otherwise there would have been a very near miss/collision.

I bet most of these motorists just panicked as they are not very good at judging gaps/speed of other motorists - all they probably needed to do was lift off.

If things are very close/dangerous you'd definitely brake, then you'd sound your horn then hurl abuse.
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have an answer for everything dont you :yawn:

But you obviously did not understand my post. I clearly said people who hold down their horn and do not brake. I think you need to be less defensive because that comment was not even aimed at you.

How is pointing out the correct use of the horn being defensive.

And as you have never seen me driving, why would I even consider that your post was aimed at me :confused:

Are forums not the place to post your opinions/answers? Or are they just not the place to post any opinions that differ to yours?

I am not sure how I upset protocol but for all those that took offence I apologise.
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Digital Spy: The only place I know where people would argue to the death about a murder suicide pact.
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike86373 wrote: »
    Minor/major road does not matter if she was speeding. No matter who was technically at fault... if one was breaking road laws... they are at blame by default!

The problem is proof, The speed the other driver was travelling at was only measured in a subjective way by the OP.

I wouldn't like to take on the insurance company by claiming that the car I pulled out in front of was speeding.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm learning so I understand I would make mistakes that annoys others but this wasn't my fault.I was driving at a little over 40 mph, 40 was the speed limit, and this eejit (not the word I really want to use) in an Audi comes right up behind, nearly crashes into another car overtaking me and quickly comes back into the lane I was in and stuck the finger at me :eek: :mad:

Also some idiot was in the wrong lane in the roundabout and glared at me, because I wouldn't let him in (since obviously I couldn't). I think the rubbish drivers just want to blame the learner for everything
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Super Frog wrote: »
    Digital Spy: The only place I know where people would argue to the death about a murder suicide pact.

:D:D:D
  • benny1982benny1982 Posts: 7,550
    Forum Member
    OP you are not alone. I have had many experiences where they are in the wrong and they blame you for it.
  • klaeresourceklaeresource Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If other road users make a mistake I don't expect them to blame me .
    But some drivers are too stupid to even see that whey they've done is wrong.

If I make a mistake and it causes someone to brake I will acknowledge with a hand signal that I was in the wrong and "sorry".

I expect the same in return.

If that does not happen I get annoyed.

A taxi driver pulled right out in front of me the other week and then when I ended up 6 inches from his bumper he had the nerve to brake and make signals that I was too close.

As we approached a junction with 2 lanes I was able to pull up along side him and verbally tell him of his mistake with his passenger listening.

All it needed was for him to stick his hand up initially to say sorry and that would have been the end of it.
  • ShadowmaidenShadowmaiden Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm learning so I understand I would make mistakes that annoys others but this wasn't my fault.I was driving at a little over 40 mph, 40 was the speed limit, and this eejit (not the word I really want to use) in an Audi comes right up behind, nearly crashes into another car overtaking me and quickly comes back into the lane I was in and stuck the finger at me :eek: :mad:

Tailgaters are my biggest pet hate on the roads. They infuriate me, especially when I know I am doing the speed limit!