breaking bad

Comments

• Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghespetti wrote: »
    Marking my place, Love BB, in the UK, I think its back in Aug.
    Loved the moment of clarity with Hank at the end.
    I'm on season 2 currently . Hank is my favourite character along with Jessie,
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    I still find it hard to believe that (Spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen all the episodes of Season 5 so far)
    Walt kills Mike. One of my favourite characters in the show, such a bad-ass but looked so cool and calm whilst doing it! At least he got a good final line: "F**k off Walter and let me die in peace".
    I cried.
    decobelle wrote: »
    Aw I really felt for Jesse during that extremely awkward dinner - his attempts at trying to talk to Skylar melted my heart, and I wanted her to reciprocate - he's not a bad lad really!
    It will never happen, and yes it would be weird, but I wouldn't mind the two of them hooking up as one final "bugger you" to Walt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Exactly. They aren't showing you things for no reason. They are cryptic clues to something that will happen later in the season. Just keep that in your mind and all will be revealed.

As an audience, we have been shown 2 things during the past 5 seasons that haven't been seen or used in some time which makes me think they are gonna feature in the final 8 episodes, otherwise why make such a point of mentioning them in the show....?!

What two things are they?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What two things are they?

One that stands out for me is
    Jane's death in S2 and the way Walt could possibly have saved her. Jessie is still unaware Walt was even there
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a plot point surely, but I was referring to two physical objects in the show, namely:-
    Hank's home made beer bottles and the little vial of poison. I somehow see the poison making it's way into one of those bottles, or a bit into each and there being some sort of "let's have a drink" scenario and one, two or even more characters all bite the dust at the same time.
  • FishyFooFishyFoo Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Am half way through season 4 at the moment and finding it all a bit boring to be honest. Loved 1 & 2 but got bored in 3. Hoping 4 was better but not happy so far. Can't remember if 3 or 4 but one episode was truly the most boring I have ever witnessed. It's the one with the fly in the lab. One of the longest hours of my life. Please tell me season 4 gets better.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FishyFoo wrote: »
    Am half way through season 4 at the moment and finding it all a bit boring to be honest. Loved 1 & 2 but got bored in 3. Hoping 4 was better but not happy so far. Can't remember if 3 or 4 but one episode was truly the most boring I have ever witnessed. It's the one with the fly in the lab. One of the longest hours of my life. Please tell me season 4 gets better.

It gets way better, but if you've not enjoyed it up until now you probably won't enjoy the rest either - maybe it's just not for you :) I loved the fly episode
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There seems to be two types of people that watch BrBa, the ons that adore "Fly" and the ones that hate it. I think it's one of the shows best episodes, highlighting Walt's more bizarre qualities.

I urge you to finish the season, and report back and let us know what you think, because depending where you are in the season, and without giving out too much info...something badass is about to go down in ABQ. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a plot point surely, but I was referring to two physical objects in the show, namely:-
    Hank's home made beer bottles and the little vial of poison. I somehow see the poison making it's way into one of those bottles, or a bit into each and there being some sort of "let's have a drink" scenario and one, two or even more characters all bite the dust at the same time.

Of course. The
    ricin
    . Forgot about that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    There seems to be two types of people that watch BrBa, the ons that adore "Fly" and the ones that hate it. I think it's one of the shows best episodes, highlighting Walt's more bizarre qualities.

I urge you to finish the season, and report back and let us know what you think, because depending where you are in the season, and without giving out too much info...something badass is about to go down in ABQ. :cool:

Well to be fair that's the division between the people that understood the point of the episode and those that didn't. It's meant to be a tense war of nerves like Journey's End where the antagonists are the main characters fighting over something relatively insignificant in a microcosm of the bigger picture. Now if you understand that, it's an acceptable break from the format we're used to, much like the scenes in season 1 at the house in the desert and when Hank has someone in the basement. However given the pace and danger had increased in the series at that point, to go back to a relative lull was probably for some a step back if they didn't appreciate the stylistic choices and why they were made.
  • LockesLockes Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    I am going to give this a try tonight and see if I like it, just finished prison break :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to give this a try tonight and see if I like it, just finished prison break :cry:

If you like Prison Break try The Following instead, Breaking Bad is a lot more densely plotted and less action oriented while The Following is a lot more in the vein of Prison Break.
  • LockesLockes Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    If you like Prison Break try The Following instead, Breaking Bad is a lot more densely plotted and less action oriented while The Following is a lot more in the vein of Prison Break.

I watched the following, loved it :)
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. Have you seen the S3 DVD interviews with the
    actors who play them? They're really easy-going, likeable blokes, nothing at all like their BB characters.

really, well theres a surprise? there was me thinking they went out killing people after doing a spot of acting :D
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched an old episode of How I met your mother today - and Walt was in it, playing Teds douchy boss! He was really funny, and it was weird seeing him play someone else!
  • FishyFooFishyFoo Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Well to be fair that's the division between the people that understood the point of the episode and those that didn't. It's meant to be a tense war of nerves like Journey's End where the antagonists are the main characters fighting over something relatively insignificant in a microcosm of the bigger picture. Now if you understand that, it's an acceptable break from the format we're used to, much like the scenes in season 1 at the house in the desert and when Hank has someone in the basement. However given the pace and danger had increased in the series at that point, to go back to a relative lull was probably for some a step back if they didn't appreciate the stylistic choices and why they were made.

I did understand the significance of the episode. It just went on way too long for my liking. I prefer it when Walt is unhinged and last night's episode shows him under pressure and getting anxious so I feel it's building up again. Am looking forward to the next few nights that'll bring me to the end of season 4. Feel the need to cheat and look at the end but will try to be patient. I believe it's a good one.
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    There seems to be two types of people that watch BrBa, the ons that adore "Fly" and the ones that hate it.

Nah, some are ambivalent, and everything in between. Adoration and hate are very strong feelings, which not everyone has about that episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am starting to hate Walt. He has wronged Jessie so many times and Jessie does not even know it. From the middle of season 2 Walt has done nothing but wronged Jessie.

Letting Jane die. He caused her death.

Making Jessie Kill Gale. I know, it had to happen but after Gales death he straight away started to pressure Jessie to kill Gus.

Poisining Brock.

And last of all emotionally abusing poor Jessie. Walter has really turned into a bad person. I like him as a character but his treatment of Jessie has been disgusting.

Also he killed my favourite character MIKE :cry:

I don't want to spoiler it for anyone. Please do not click on it. Breaking bad is fantastic show one of the best shows I have watched.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    ritch wrote: »
    really, well theres a surprise? there was me thinking they went out killing people after doing a spot of acting :D

You may joke but they were actually gang members, in and out of jail ect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uak1kjX4fvw

It's a good interview :)
  • Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pav4n wrote: »
    You may joke but they were actually gang members, in and out of jail ect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uak1kjX4fvw

It's a good interview :)

Thanks for that. Really enjoyed that interview. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Saul doing a voice in the new GTA?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can we talk favorite supporting characters?

At the top for me are: JANE, Gus Fring, & Combo.

Also, you can't argue with Saul; I hope the spin-off happens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we talk favorite supporting characters?

At the top for me are: JANE, Gus Fring, & Combo.

Also, you can't argue with Saul; I hope the spin-off happens.

Aren't they cleared to film the pilot already? Vince Gilligan has suggested as much, even if it does not go to series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    green855 wrote: »
    I am starting to hate Walt. He has wronged Jessie so many times and Jessie does not even know it. From the middle of season 2 Walt has done nothing but wronged Jessie.

Letting Jane die. He caused her death.

Making Jessie Kill Gale. I know, it had to happen but after Gales death he straight away started to pressure Jessie to kill Gus.

Poisining Brock.

And last of all emotionally abusing poor Jessie. Walter has really turned into a bad person. I like him as a character but his treatment of Jessie has been disgusting.

Also he killed my favourite character MIKE :cry:

I don't want to spoiler it for anyone. Please do not click on it. Breaking bad is fantastic show one of the best shows I have watched.

That's the point. It's about the moral degradation of a man who tries to blame his circumstances for his actions. As Gilligan put it "It's Mr Chips becomes Scarface". How far will a man go and what justification will he use to go there? That, again, relates to the storage locker scene with Skylar I have mentioned after the prison sequences as Walt watched his watch. That should be the point it became obvious it was no longer about having the $277, 000 he had calculated his family would required, it had became purely about power and control for Walt because he had literally lost count of his earnings while Skylar had counted every dollar and cent.
  • jammoon1jammoon1 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    FishyFoo wrote: »
    I did understand the significance of the episode. It just went on way too long for my liking. I prefer it when Walt is unhinged and last night's episode shows him under pressure and getting anxious so I feel it's building up again. Am looking forward to the next few nights that'll bring me to the end of season 4. Feel the need to cheat and look at the end but will try to be patient. I believe it's a good one.

Noooo, please don't cheat!:eek: The final scene, especially the final shot, of Season 4 is a real OMG! moment and worth the wait.