Options

who remembers Jane Boulton, Katrina Leeder and Leo from Airline?

Paulo LeedsPaulo Leeds Posts: 2,721
Forum Member
✭✭✭
wonder what happened to them all...?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...just me then. love Airline!
  • Options
    OmlOml Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there was a thread about them not so long ago! When they started showing the airline repeats again.

But yes, I do remember them
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I remember them all.
  • Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do! I loved Airline. Crazy to think it ran for 10 series, and was on TV for 8 years :o
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wonder what happened to them all...?

Jane Boulton
    @Jboulton70
    married with 3 beautiful girls, yes was on airline and after all these years still working with easyjet!
    croydon surrey
    https://twitter.com/Jboulton70

Airline star Katrina: "I've beaten cancer for the 4th time"
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/airline-star-katrina-ive-beaten-323437#ixzz2sOnTbgnx

Leo Jones (Airline)
    @jones_leo
    Remember the reality show Airline?
    Herts · leojones.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/jones_leo

Seems Leo has a female partner....
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Leo had a female partner during the show as I recall.

Whatever made you think otherwise? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought Jane left Easyjet on one of the episodes years back...
  • Options
    lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought Jane left Easyjet on one of the episodes years back...

They persuaded her to stay iirc.
    Totally fancied the pants off katrina. I remember the awful scenes when she was talking about never being able to have kids, then randomly catching an episode long after she left and she turned up to say hello with twins. I was in tears!
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Katrina, is there any updated news about her?
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen Leo in Hemel Hempstead.
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Jane changing jobs during the series from customer service to despatch.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    I remember Jane changing jobs during the series from customer service to despatch.

Didn't she go back again?

Katrina is an amazing woman. I hope she can fight this awful disease and from the link above looks like she is winning. thanks for the links graham.
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    I remember Leo and his total lack of empathy for the passengers
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Leo and his total lack of empathy for the passengers

You're so right. Out of the three of them, I think Katrina was the only one really suited to customer service.
  • Options
    Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leo appeared as if he relished confrontation. He did not bend one iota and appeared to be without any charity.
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    I absolutely loved Airline, it's one of the reasons I wanted to work I aviation. It's interesting to note how different EasyJet is these days, it's gone from 5m passengers in 2000 to 60m passengers last year and it's no longer a "budget airline" but a low fares, friendly airline that focuses on customer service and business passengers as much as holiday makers.

Always liked Jane, I thought she ended up with Aer Lingus for a short time or maybe that was someone from Airport on BBC1.

I'd like to see a new series, maybe at Gatwick which is now their biggest base and Southend which is one of their newest and smallest.
  • Options
    Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leo appeared as if he relished confrontation. He did not bend one iota and appeared to be without any charity.

Leo was very good at his job, Most of the confrontations they showed were with totally unreasonable idiots who he handled very proffesionaly without losing his cool. Jayne Boulton on the other hand was very unprofessional and deliberately exasperated minor problems, causing people who started being reasonable and polite to lose their temper just so she could jump on her high horse.
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Leo was very good at his job, Most of the confrontations they showed were with totally unreasonable idiots who he handled very proffesionaly without losing his cool. Jayne Boulton on the other hand was very unprofessional and deliberately exasperated minor problems, causing people who started being reasonable and polite to lose their temper just so she could jump on her high horse.

I disagree. I thought Leo was lacking in sympathy and far too engrossed in the cameras to be at all good at his job .I know if I had an issue he would rile me right up .Thats is not how to deal with people who are already stressed out
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I remember them all! I used to love Airline. I watched it whenever it was on. Used to watch the USA version as well.
  • Options
    Cat SimonCat Simon Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Jane Boulton
    @Jboulton70
    married with 3 beautiful girls, yes was on airline and after all these years still working with easyjet!
    croydon surrey
    https://twitter.com/Jboulton70

I was always surprised that she never seemed to have a partner when she was on Airline - I thought she was really sexy!
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely loved Airline -- Tony Robinson's dry commentary, Leo's gelled hair, the screaming passengers, and always some random occurrence like comodo dragons being found in a safety deposit box... It made airports look like the most fun place in the world.

Just saw there are some eps up on YouTube, yay!
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still remember Katrina's wedding!
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what happened to Jeremy from the BBC's Airport,he worked for Aeroflot.
  • Options
    Cat SimonCat Simon Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Maria from Cyprus Airlines on Airport. She was seriously, seriously sexy.
  • Options
    Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happened to Jeremy from the BBC's Airport,he worked for Aeroflot.

He became a minor celebrity after airport and was given a couple of shows of his own. But the novelty did not last and the work dried up. According to Wikipedia he now works as a travel and tourism media consultant what ever that is.