Addictive games on facebook (Merged)

Comments

• Daffodil67Daffodil67 Posts: 1,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to be very addicted to My Farm, Pet Society and Geo Challenge.

Currently addicted to Texas Hold 'Em Poker, Bejewelled Blitz and because of this thread now Restaurant City.

If you reduce the Toggle Quality in Restaurant City, the game runs much faster. You have customers who walk out still but everything moves much quicker and therefore your points and cash go up faster. :)
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scramble.
    I can spend hours playing it. It's great for improving your vocab too. There are some very weird words on it.
  • ShadowmaidenShadowmaiden Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daffodil67 wrote: »
    Used to be very addicted to My Farm, Pet Society and Geo Challenge.

Currently addicted to Texas Hold 'Em Poker, Bejewelled Blitz and because of this thread now Restaurant City.

If you reduce the Toggle Quality in Restaurant City, the game runs much faster. You have customers who walk out still but everything moves much quicker and therefore your points and cash go up faster. :)

I find that when I log into restaurant city my workers are collapsed on the floor saying 'we need food' or 'we need rest'. How can I give them food and rest when im not online?:confused:
  • jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone play YoVille?
  • WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    Bejewelled Blitz, TriTowers Solitaire, and Biotronic are the ones that waste hours for me!
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am now addicted to Farm Town, thanks to this thread. The only problem is that I'm not being awarded the money after filling in one of the offers.
  • gingerballsgingerballs Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cant stand them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to be obsessed with "Who has the biggest brain?"... partly because I like the "brain training" type game but also partly because I'm quite competitive.

I've been playing Pet society for a few months... not so much obsessively, but using it whenever I use facebook. I'd been slowly building up a fake garden in my front room... I had sky wallpaper and grassy carpets... then they brought out some proper gardens! Ah well, I do like the growing veg and trees aspect.

Fairly recently, I discovered "Whirled Games", it's basically a portal with loads of multiplayer games... and it even has some kind of avatar thing where you walk around a bunch of rooms with arcade game machines and other players... My favourite games on this so far are:
    Ramble scramble - Kind of like Scrabble, except all players are creating words from the same pile of tiles, and you can nick words from other players if you can create another word from them.
    Rate & Create - This is more creative, you're given a basic set of image pieces and a theme. So you create your image based on the theme within a set time limit and at the end, you rate everyone else's creations.
    Law and Disorder - Be unscrupulous in creating laws that let you siphon off money off the other players :P

Now that I've read this thread, I've decided to have a go at Sorority Life, Farm Town and Restraurant City...

I'm not so sure about Sorority Life... I don't like the fact that you always have a barrage of people nicking money off you at random and depleting your confidence.

Restaurant City seems good, and since it's made by the same people who did Pet Society I really like the graphics.

I'm not really getting into Farm Town yet, even though I really like games like Harvest Moon... Farm town just isn't sucking me in for some reason...
  • dizzy_starshinedizzy_starshine Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Can someone explain Restaurant City to me? How do I get more food and teach my staff how to cook it? I've been sat here watching them make tomato soup, pizza, and fruit platter for 40 minutes! Where do I get more ingredients from? I don't want to pay 8000 for a leek!

Each day you get mail with a quiz. If you answer correctly you're rewarded with an ingredient, also you can trade with friends.
    To teach them how to cook it go to your menu and when you have the ingredients you click learn and they do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find that when I log into restaurant city my workers are collapsed on the floor saying 'we need food' or 'we need rest'. How can I give them food and rest when im not online?:confused:

When you no you arent going to be on it for a bit if you put your workers to rest, then put a chair or someting in front of the door then cudstomers cant come in so then when you next go on it your staff will be 100% and then will serve quicker :)
  • Chelseafan101Chelseafan101 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was addicted to the Super Mario Bros flash game at one point, but never got past level 3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bejewelled Blitz is fixed, I swear it. :S It lets you get a good score when you first log in and then you can play for hours and get nothing over 50K.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Bejewelled, though I seem to top out around 80,000 whereas other friends have much higher scores. I like the 1 minute games, though can easily play 30 or 40 in a row..

I used to ove Biggest Brain and Word Challenge from Playfish, and my scores on both were about the same as all my other friend's combined, so I am having trouble adjusting to not being in the No.1 Spot..
  • Granny WeatherwaxGranny Weatherwax Posts: 52,923
    Forum Member
    Farm Town :o
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member
    May I ask how people are getting huge scores on Bejewelled Blitz when it only lets you play it for a minute?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Another one for farm town ( I got up really early one morning to make sure my crops didn't spoil )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Restaurant City and Yoville!Just love decorating my appartment!
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    May I ask how people are getting huge scores on Bejewelled Blitz when it only lets you play it for a minute?

Its all about getting the bonuses. Don't worry I am rubbish I can't get higher than 35,000 yet my friends can all get 100,000
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member
    clarribo wrote: »
    Its all about getting the bonuses. Don't worry I am rubbish I can't get higher than 35,000 yet my friends can all get 100,000

Oh, OK. I'll have to try harder. My highest score is only around 6,500 :( So you aren't rubbish at it :)
  • Granny WeatherwaxGranny Weatherwax Posts: 52,923
    Forum Member
    Another one for farm town ( I got up really early one morning to make sure my crops didn't spoil )

Don't worry you are not alone! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clarribo wrote: »

I managed to get 109,000 but only once and the game played itself. The jewels just kept dropping and the bonuses went up to 6 without me even touching the mouse. :D

It was a one off, I've never been able to achieve it since.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,639
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if there are ways to make extra coins on Pet Society besides competing in the races and visiting friends? :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    m hooked on farm town at the moment and have used MindJolt games ever since I have been on Facebook
  • JoleneJolene Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I go on Cutecatz and Mobworld every day.
  • stormin normstormin norm Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Oh my days! I have to admit I'm giggling at this thread. I only play the word games - scrabble, lexulous, scramble, word twist - occasionally, and bejeweled very occasionally

My daughter and sisters play the whole flipping lot and I do laugh at them as they get so serious about it all. Unfortunately I am now being forced into getting a fairy garden after I lost a bet, god knows what I'm meant to do once I get it :eek: