Has my MSN account just been hacked??

ShadowmaidenShadowmaiden Posts: 3,030
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was just chatting on MSN to my friend when all of a sudden it kicked me off and I got a pop up telling me I'd signed into MSN on another computer. So I tried signing in again and got all these messages from people on my contacts asking me why Id sent them a link to a weird picture website?:confused: I hadn't done this it at all.

My friends just said that my user name changed when I was offline and supposedly sent that message and she think I was hacked.

How did it happen? How do I stop it happening? No one knows my password at all:confused:

Comments

• boolaaboolaa Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's possible your pc is infected by a Trojan or virus, so firstly change your password, that will often stop it happening, and give your pc a really thorough scan with your antivirus.
    Download Spybot and Malwarebytes anti spyware, update and run those too. Hopefully this will fix the problem, oh, and tell your friends not to click on any links or open any files you have apparently sent until you're sure it's fixed :)
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Change your password. I get these messages from other people from time to time, usually it's some form of MSN Bot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well it dosent sound good

i would get a new address and make a good password and add all your firends back on
  • radiosgaloreradiosgalore Posts: 5,348
    Forum Member
    no no this sounds like a virus that was going around. no point scrapping the email address. I have a blog post about this. Link. It gives a link to malwarebytes that should clean your system
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    yep definitaly a virus
    I had it a while back good clean up, everything was fine:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    yep definitaly a virus
    I had it a while back good clean up, everything was fine:)
    Wrong!
    It's not definitely a virus. A lot of these things come from phishing sites that fool you into giving away your MSN user and password details. These details will then be used by/on a computer elsewhere to do this.
    Best advice in this situation: change your password and don't type it anywhere but MSN.