Facebook attention seekers

Comments

• odz1odz1 Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny you should post this - I just deactivated my facebook. Got fed up with invites to join Farmville or somethin and people telling me what they having for dinner!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not post up the usernames of annoying friends? Then I can go trollin' (presuming they accept random invites... I'm guessing if they're posting up every little detail of their life, they will).
  • xDannyxDanny Posts: 884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have quite a few like that, posting just for the sake of a comment
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I have a few people like that on my list and they get ignored, can't help thinking for christ's sake stop being so melodramatic! Ohhhhh and why do people 'Like' their own status?! Self obsessed idiots. (and breathe :o)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I have a few friends who constantly seem to "like" everybody's status updates.

I am tempted to write a really sad and tragic one, as I bet they would still 'like' it.

Facebook does annoy me at times. Some people are obviously just fishing for the attention on there. Whilst I may be curious about what they are up to with their lives from time to time, I don't appreciate self pitying statuses or statuses like "omgz *name inserted* you were amazing in bed lol x" - yes I actually had a status update on my home page from a friend saying that!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just leave Facebook - Do your so called friends even talk to you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Its TMI when certain pregnant people are updating their status to say how many centimetres theyre dilated every freaking hour.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regarding the 'Like' option, I'm often left wishing there was a 'Don't give a sh*t' option!
  • LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    Lego Pig wrote: »
    Lol you think you got it bad? read some of the stuff here.

http://www.lamebook.com/

:D awesome site.
    summerain wrote: »
    One of my pregnant friends posted "I'm 2cm dilated, finally!" or something along those lines the other week. One of her friends commented "Thanks for that, I love to know how my mates v*gina is doing at 9am"

:D

LOL.

In the morning one of my friends had: OMG I'm pure hungry" and one of her friends replied: "Eating stuff solves that you dumb shit." :D
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got some girls on my friends list who take pictures of themselves kissing their boyfriends in bed, and post it on Facebook. Proper full-on stuff as well, and most of the time it doesn't even look like either of them are clothed. And not the kind of pictures where they're looking at the camera but just really voyeuristic-style shots. Seriously, why would you want to photograph yourself while you're at it with your boyfriend, and then upload it to Facebook for everyone to see? Its disgusting!

I've also got a really slutty friend who goes on nights out with her (equally slutty) sister quite often, and she's always putting up photos when they're in a club and kissing/their hands all over some random boys. And always different boys every single night. Which I didn't pay too much notice to until the other day when I saw some photos of the two of them all over a group of ugly, overweight old men (these girls are 18 and 22) - and they were rubbing up against these men/mocking up sex positions and that sort of thing.

I've also got an ex-housemate who's really, really pretty (and she knows it - she's a part time model). Anyway she's always posting status updates saying how she feels fat (she's a size 8) and ugly etc. And then all her friends will rush to reply saying how beautiful and perfect she is. Makes me sick. And I know she's just putting it on, because she used to say the same thing while we were living together - and then when my other housemates reassured her about how stunning she was, she had this sly smile on her face. Argghhh :mad:

Also the same girl posted a status update a while back saying that her ex-boyfriends new girlfriend was an 'ugly dog'. Maybe theres some history between them, I don't know, but I still thought it was a really horrible thing to announce to everyone on Facebook - especially as they have mutual friends, so the girl could easily find out about it.
  • Oh, OK!Oh, OK! Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Essentially, all status updates are pointless and can be pulled to shreds, if you really did have an important announcement you'd text or call. I take Facebook for what it really is - a tool for having a good nosey at people and wasting time.

Most of my status' are, in my eyes, mildly amusing but people seem a little hysterical - a guy once offered to pay me to update his status for him each day.

Bugs me when people add me with no intention of ever speaking to me, just as another friend count. Or even worse is adding people you don't know to never speak to them or interact with them in any way - seems a bit pointless in my eyes..
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pregnant women are the worst

oooh 'Chris' just kissed my bump'

'I'm so tired from eating wagon wheels all day'

'my nipples are sore'

I just block these updates - my dad is on facebook too.... some of his ellicits a like 'Whoa TMI' response from me - have blocked his updates now too!
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know someone who uses Facebook just to feed her own ego. "Aren't I great at this" - "Of course you are babes". I know full well that her claims are a load of lies in real life but she needs to portray a version of herself on Facebook that simply isn't who she is. Maybe it is who she wants to be but the only way for her to achieve this is to stop posting inane drivel on Facebook and dedicate the time she frees up on improving her actual life.
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have I missed the point.

I have facebook but the people on there are actually friends.

If they were described as in the posts above, then I wouldn't class them as friends and therefore they wouldn't be on my facebook.

Perhaps I'm just old.
  • martinamerlotmartinamerlot Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grant it that I do genuinely like the people I'm friends with on Facebook, but one or two really need to put their boyfriends down for a minute! I don't like coupled up profile pictures-they're smug and annoying, and not just because I'm always single :p. The whole point of your profile picture is that it should be of YOU!

(But I'll forgive you if your pet's there. :D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man, see I'm such a nosy cow, that I pretend I hate these TMI status updates, but i actually love them!! There was once a masisve showdown on someones status, about what bad mothers and sl**s each other was, and it was insane! I don't know the girl that well any more, and she's the main culprit of the TMI, so I was tempted to delete her but realised I couldn't do it :D

I don't change my status much, and it's never very personal, I probabyl did in the beginning, when there were less people on, but now my mum and dad and all my aunties and uncles have flippin added me, so I have to be very careful what I say and do, else they have a good laugh about it at family gatherings!! I need to sort out my privacy settings so they dont see quite so much me thinks ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have I missed the point.

If they were described as in the posts above, then I wouldn't class them as friends and therefore they wouldn't be on my facebook.

Perhaps I'm just old.

My thoughts exactly!
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have I missed the point.

Perhaps I'm just old.

Well in the instance I mentioned - the person is a woman I used to work with - not a close friend, but she sent me a friend request, I said yes, we said Hi and have exchanged a few messages since. I haven't seen her or spoken to her verbally for about 3 years. The thing is, I don't actually want to delete her because it seems rude. She hasn't upset me in any way but she might think she had if I deleted her.

A couple of years ago loads of my old school pals signed up and I got about 20 friends requests in a couple of days - said yes to all of them. A couple of months later I thought " i never speak to these people, I haven't seen or heard from them in more than 30 years... " so I deleted them all. Then I got a message from one of them wondering if she had offended me and I felt really guilty because she hadn't so I re-friended her. But I don't think any of the others even noticed or cared.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well in the instance I mentioned - the person is a woman I used to work with - not a close friend, but she sent me a friend request, I said yes, we said Hi and have exchanged a few messages since. I haven't seen her or spoken to her verbally for about 3 years. The thing is, I don't actually want to delete her because it seems rude. She hasn't upset me in any way but she might think she had if I deleted her.

A couple of years ago loads of my old school pals signed up and I got about 20 friends requests in a couple of days - said yes to all of them. A couple of months later I thought " i never speak to these people, I haven't seen or heard from them in more than 30 years... " so I deleted them all. Then I got a message from one of them wondering if she had offended me and I felt really guilty because she hadn't so I re-friended her. But I don't think any of the others even noticed or cared.

I'm extremely careful about who I add as a friend on Facebook. I had to delete a 'friend' who I met on this forum who then gave personal information about me to other people who I'd upset by expressing an opinion about apostrophes :confused: You get all sorts of wierdos out there so I would recommend that you're very careful about who you add!
  • RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    SCD Rebel wrote: »
    I'm extremely careful about who I add as a friend on Facebook. I had to delete a 'friend' who I met on this forum who then gave personal information about me to other people who I'd upset by expressing an opinion about apostrophes :confused: You get all sorts of wierdos out there so I would recommend that you're very careful about who you add!

That's just nasty!
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SCD Rebel wrote: »

Oh I agree. I have never had a friend request from someone completely random. I would always say no in that case. A friend did suggest someone to me that we both used to work with but I can barely even remember her so there was no way I was going to add her.

Fortunately, maybe more luck than judgement, I have never had a bad experience with Facebook ( touch wood :) )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont mind the silly, usless bits of information ones. It's the ''cryptic'' ones that bug me, when people are just blatently anouncing they've had a shag or are going to have a shag but not just saying it. It's a bit sad that they feel the need to tell Facebook.
  • RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    I dont mind the silly, usless bits of information ones. It's the ''cryptic'' ones that bug me, when people are just blatently anouncing they've had a shag or are going to have a shag but not just saying it. It's a bit sad that they feel the need to tell Facebook.

Especially when it's your mum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's just nasty!

Very!!!