Blackout Crew

ShadowmaidenShadowmaiden Posts: 3,030
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can someone tell me if these prats are for real or if they are just a pisstake like Goldie Looking Chain? They look like a bunch of tagged young offenders who need to be indoors by a certain time in case they break their crufew and end up back in prison.

My god they are not even ashmed of their chavdom. Their music is absoloute drivel. I can't take it seriousley at all and just piss myself laughing whenever I see their videos on The Box. The lates oompa loompa one is just pathetic.

Surely we are not suppsoed to take them seriousley?

Comments

• mikey.robbomikey.robbo Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put a donk on it!

Would you rather them be out stabbing people and robbing you and sticking their todgers through peoples letter boxes?

Just turn over?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BASSLINE!

I like them for sheer comedy value :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats the only song ive ever tried listening to and only because someone told me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know what we need to do with this thread?

We need to put a bangin donk on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donk d-donk donk donk donk donnnk
  • LloydChristmasLloydChristmas Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Rumper Pumper, donkety doo. Move to the groove with the Blackout Crew.

I absolutely love them. Going to see them live supporting Basshunter next month. donk Donk DONK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the advert on TV last night for their album, I thought it was a joke, they were on BBBM a few weeks back and were terrible, I thought they had dragged a few audience members up for a laugh!
    Forum Member
    They do indulge in the comedy side of things, check out the Rumper Pumper and Dialled videos for example. However, they're really articulate men, skilled rappers and very well respected on the donk scene in Bolton and Wigan.
  • ShadowmaidenShadowmaiden Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do indulge in the comedy side of things, check out the Rumper Pumper and Dialled videos for example. However, they're really articulate men, skilled rappers and very well respected on the donk scene in Bolton and Wigan.

Ahahahahaha!!!! Forget London, Paris and New York its all about Bolton and Wigan now is it? :D You make it sound like being well respected there is something to be proud of? Hardly the centre of the musical universe is it?

What the hell is a 'donk' anyway?:confused: Is it some new fad with all the chavs?

As for them being skilled rappers, im sure genuine rappers would have something to say about that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'd say "Good for you gettin' started in the game!"
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must echo Shadowmaiden comments.

'very well respected on the donk scene in Bolton and Wigan.' may be the funniest sentence I've ever read.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I must echo Shadowmaiden comments.

'very well respected on the donk scene in Bolton and Wigan.' may be the funniest sentence I've ever read.

I literally laughed out loud when I read it!:D
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    I also like them for sheer comedy value :D

Put A Donk On It was funny. And I also quite liked their first song...whatever it was called...
    Forum Member
    I also like them for sheer comedy value :D

Put A Donk On It was funny. And I also quite liked their first song...whatever it was called...

Bbbbbbounce

It's a great tune.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are not my cup of tea but if people like them I don't see the harm.
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Bbbbbbounce

It's a great tune.

It is!!! :D AND!...I pretty much know all the words :o

I love "rapping" this bit..

"Street life, it's the way I like life
    And I don't like life if it ain't street life
    And I don't mean life as in carry a knife
    I mean life live opertate to the hype"

And that verse that finishes with "Centre of attention, tion!"

Yeah those songs are good. That one about phones...not so much :sleep:
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I want to listen to mindless nonsense, I'll take The Dolly Rockers any day. At least there's some irony to what they do.

The Blackout Crew are just like Black Lace on way too many drugs. Although Black Lace had more musical know-how ... :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Street life, it's the way I like life
    And I don't like life if it ain't street life
    And I don't mean life as in carry a knife
    I mean life live opertate to the hype"

Best rapping since 5ive. Great stuff.

BA-BA-BASELINE!
    Forum Member
    Servalan wrote: »
    If I want to listen to mindless nonsense, I'll take The Dolly Rockers any day. At least there's some irony to what they do.

The Blackout Crew are just like Black Lace on way too many drugs. Although Black Lace had more musical know-how ... :eek:

I strongly disagree. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Black Lace didn't write their own songs. Agadoo and Superman were translations of European holiday songs, while other favourites like Music Man and Hokey Cokey were old nursery rhymes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I strongly disagree. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Black Lace didn't write their own songs. Agadoo and Superman were translations of European holiday songs, while other favourites like Music Man and Hokey Cokey were old nursery rhymes.

Maybe . I mean coming up with lyrics such as 'put a donk on it' must have really challenged them both creativley and muscially ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some strange reason my dad wants thier album!! Its the sort of thing my 11 year old brother would play on his phone on a bus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They also use the word 'sick'. It's the true mark of a moron.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    They also use the word 'sick'. It's the true mark of a moron.

Not really. It's just a slang word. You could say any slang word is a mark of a moron. But that would make you a giant moron yourself
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really. It's just a slang word. You could say any slang word is a mark of a moron. But that would make you a giant moron yourself

No, any other slang is fine. It's just specifically the word 'sick'.
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member
    I had never heard of them until last year. My friends love them.