Is Kylie really as beautiful and wonderful as the media would make us believe?

Comments

• qwertyqueenqwertyqueen Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people always bitch about celebrities having plastic surgery? A bit of jealousy mixed with a huge spoonful of bitterness, and this thread is what you get.

I haven't heard anything very negative about her as a person, so I don't know why anyone would particularly dislike her. I'm sure she isn't perfect, but so what? She seems nice enough and that's good enough for me.
  • NativeMoonNativeMoon Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    And here we go with the dreary trotting out of *jealous* and *bitter* accusations against anyone who dares to have an opionion opposite to uber-fans... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NativeMoon wrote: »
    And here we go with the dreary trotting out of *jealous* and *bitter* accusations against anyone who dares to have an opionion opposite to uber-fans... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm not an "uber fan". I just think that being incredibly bitchy for no reason isn't very nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Is this because of the accent she has perhaps? I get the feeling you're being prejudiced here.

Where in my post does it mention accents? I was stating that the princess that is Cheryl Cole is nothing special that she hasn't achieved by makeup, money and botox too, except unlike Kylie she has a nasty streak that she has shown previously by appearing in court for assalt. I'm no huge Kylie fan, but she has gotten to where she is through 21 years of hard work and not because she was hand picked from a contest, and judging by her live performance on the x-factor last year, hasn't even got the talent to sing live.
    Forum Member
    I'm not an "uber fan". I just think that being incredibly bitchy for no reason isn't very nice.

Everyone posting here has an opinion. You may not agree and that is your prerogative, but it weakens your assertion to accuse FMs of being "jealous" and "bitter".... that's the other side of the same incredibly bitchy coin and it tends to be the sort of thing that you hear mainly from die-hard fans of any celebrity. And it too is not very nice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NativeMoon wrote: »
    Everyone posting here has an opinion. You may not agree and that is your prerogative, but it weakens your assertion to accuse FMs of being "jealous" and "bitter".... that's the other side of the same incredibly bitchy coin and it tends to be the sort of thing that you hear mainly from die-hard fans of any celebrity. And it too is not very nice.

I think it's very true though. They're either jealous or they are taking out their own bitterness on celebrities. It's quite sad really. If a celeb has done something to warrant certain comments, then fair enough. Criticising the way someone looks seems a tad desperate to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    I've never been able to stand her in any of her incarnations...cutesy soap star...manufactured pop popette or as one of the worlds most desireable women ( utterly laughable) and I bet she is nothing like as nice as her PR would have us believe...
  • Arthur CucumberArthur Cucumber Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    She's in fairly good nick for a 41 year old. I wouldn't say no. :D

And even if you find her unattractive, I think it's utterly preposterous to claim she's ugly. Have you seen some of the fugly cretins that stalk this earth?!:eek:
    Forum Member
    I think it's very true though. They're either jealous or they are taking out their own bitterness on celebrities. It's quite sad really. If a celeb has done something to warrant certain comments, then fair enough. Criticising the way someone looks seems a tad desperate to me.

Im neither jealous nor bitter. Im happy enough with the life and success Ive got and Im attractive in my own right. I dont have the money she has, and I wouldnt turn my nose up at it, but Ive done well enough over the years and my prospects as an artist and writer have always been good. I think many FMs are quite satisfied with their lives and in their own skin.

I think the key points raised in the discussion are fair:

There is no shame in having plastic surgery; if I ever get to a point where I think I need it then I might have something done but within reason. At the age of 43, Im quite happy with where things stand at the moment. As for Kylie, people comment because she's gone overboard like many a celeb when it wasnt needed and it's too obvious. For a long time Kylie denied having any cosmetic surgery done. Only when it become utterly ridiculous for her to carry on with dodging the bullet because even professional surgeons were too close to home when pointing out what she's likely to have had done did she finally admit to it. Ive never thought she was ugly - but I definately think she didnt need to go down the plastic surgery route or be so obviously excessive.

The other key thing is that there is a tendency with public figures to elevate them to sainthood once they face a potentially life-threatening illness. They become perfect, untouchable beings whom no one should criticize or have an opinion about for any reason. And we are supposed to forget any negative thing they have said or done. I personally dislike this sort of thing regardless of whether the person is a celeb or not. No one is above reproach and we all do our fair share playing the critic or having opinions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally don't think she's a natural beauty. I've never thought her that attractive, but it's all a matter of opinion I suppose.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know as much as dislike Cheryl, I find that comment pretty uncalled for. She's a lot of things, but she's not a trollop and ive never heard or read anything that supports that idea either.

Yet calling Kylie ugly and saying she has "horsey" teeth is not offensive at all? Then going on to say that she is more likely to be in an alleyway with her knickers down? Just because something controversial is said about your favourite, doesn't mean it is uncalled for! You clearly think its fine to say the same thing about Kylie.

I think Kylie is a beautiful woman. I always have. I really admire her.
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Yet calling Kylie ugly and saying she has "horsey" teeth is not offensive at all? Then going on to say that she is more likely to be in an alleyway with her knickers down? Just because something controversial is said about your favourite, doesn't mean it is uncalled for! You clearly think its fine to say the same thing about Kylie.

I think Kylie is a beautiful woman. I always have. I really admire her.

I know she's a saint isn't she?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    I'm no fan of her music, or her in general tbh, but i think she looks beautiful. Especially for her age.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1213188/Kylie-Minogue-begins-curve-career-form-fitting-dress.html

I'm 19 and would kill to look as good as she does in the those first 3-4 pictures.

Last picture though.. yikes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no fan of her music, or her in general tbh, but i think she looks beautiful. Especially for her age.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1213188/Kylie-Minogue-begins-curve-career-form-fitting-dress.html

I'm 19 and would kill to look as good as she does in the those first 3-4 pictures.

Last picture though.. yikes!

I love the picture of her and Benny :)
  • ShadowmaidenShadowmaiden Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know she's a saint isn't she?

Lol! Yes, don't you know Kylie is the only woman in the world to ever have breast cancer;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    She believes all the hype and is so self absorbed
    I don't know why you think that. All the evidence points to the opposite. It's part of her appeal that she is down to earth and doesn't take herself too seriously.
    worpler wrote:
    I bet she is nothing like as nice as her PR would have us believe...
    Possibly, but I've never heard anybody she has met have a bad word to say about her - or her have a bad word about anybody else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave999 wrote: »
    I don't know why you think that. All the evidence points to the opposite. It's part of her appeal that she is down to earth and doesn't take herself too seriously.

Possibly, but I've never heard anybody she has met have a bad word to say about her - or her have a bad word about anybody else.

I agree with you Dave. Unfortunately many people get sick of seeing genuine, nice people in the media and assume there must be something to prove that they're terrible, ugly, fake people. Like you said, all evidence points towards Kylie being a lovely person.

And as for the breast cancer comment Shadowmaiden I think its shameful that you use such a topic (cancer) in jest. There is no denying that Kylie is very brave, and quite an inspiration for beating breast cancer, as is every woman and indeed person that battles cancer.

It must have been hard to show the world her shorter hair after losing it to chemo. It must have been hard to go out wearing bandanas. Hair is important to women, it makes us feel feminine and perhaps many would have hidden away. She did it all with a smile on her face.

People try to take all this away from her.
  • ladybelladybel Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Laroc wrote: »
    I've never thought she was anything special. Doesn't seem like she has much of a presonality either.

She just got lucky on the back of all the Neighbours hype.

She's nothing special, in fact she's a bit of a bore
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mediocre actress, very weak singer, pert arse, over botoxed face.
  • ShadowmaidenShadowmaiden Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I agree with you Dave. Unfortunately many people get sick of seeing genuine, nice people in the media and assume there must be something to prove that they're terrible, ugly, fake people. Like you said, all evidence points towards Kylie being a lovely person.

And as for the breast cancer comment Shadowmaiden I think its shameful that you use such a topic (cancer) in jest. There is no denying that Kylie is very brave, and quite an inspiration for beating breast cancer, as is every woman and indeed person that battles cancer.

It must have been hard to show the world her shorter hair after losing it to chemo. It must have been hard to go out wearing bandanas. Hair is important to women, it makes us feel feminine and perhaps many would have hidden away. She did it all with a smile on her face.

People try to take all this away from her.

How can you say that without having met her?

Oh and I didn't use the topic of cancer in jest, you've obviousley never heard of irony.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote:

Yes, it was the dignified and brave way that she faced up to it. She was an inspiration to other women because she was a well known personality who was already admired by many. If the admiration (obviously not from everybody!) has increased since then because of the way she coped with the cancer, then she deserves it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you say that without having met her?

Oh and I didn't use the topic of cancer in jest, you've obviousley never heard of irony.

I said all the evidence, didn't I? I have never met her, but would like to. She seems lovely. People who don't seem lovely, when all the evidence POINTS to this, include Jordan, Jackiey Budden, Kanye West etc. Nothing points to Kylie being a bad person, its all conspiracy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave999 wrote: »
    Yes, it was the dignified and brave way that she faced up to it. She was an inspiration to other women because she was a well known personality who was already admired by many. If the admiration (obviously not from everybody!) has increased since then because of the way she coped with the cancer, then she deserves it.

Agreed.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In answer to the question that the OP posed, one word Yes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I was once flicking through the pages of a newspaper while glancing along the station platform to see if the train was coming. I had a quick glimpse in the paper of what looked like a picture of Joan Rivers holding a small baby. Eek - who gave Joan Rivers a baby to hold? - then I looked more closely and the caption revealed it was Kylie visiting a children's hospital in Australia. Now every time I see her, I see Joan Rivers