Overweight women who wear leggins

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    A lot of trends simply don't work well on large women, they were designed to flatter slim women. Fat people just look daft in them.

And whoever thinks they look good in leggings on their own - meaning no long top or dress over them, really needs a trip to specsavers. Even slim women look ridiculous. They're like tights, not trousers!
  • HarryValleyHarryValley Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ellers wrote: »
    Bleurgh! That's why I only ever wear mine with a long top or jumper - so no one can see it!! Or the fruttocks (i don't have those, but you know, some people do).
    You mean like beetle bonnets? (l)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I own some leggings, and I wear them with skirts or dresses. I'm a size 12-14. I don't think it is necessarily size that affects how they look, it is shape. If you're quite big built but not flabby or lumpy with it, then you'll look better in leggings than someone who is all folds. Ew. Really I don't think it's a good look on anyone to wear leggings and just a t-shirt, it seems like much too little. If you wouldn't wear black tights on their own...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    You mean like beetle bonnets? (l)

:D Yep, that's the one. I like the word fruttock though - it's got a jovial ring to it that cheers me up when I see such a monstrosity!
    Although maybe fruttock is a big fat version, whereas a beetle bonnet could be quite tidy?
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    Yeah but your wearing them as they were intended, with a dress or long t-shirt. On their own they just look silly.

I agree but they look silly on their own on people of any size.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D Yep, that's the one. I like the word fruttock though - it's got a jovial ring to it that cheers me up when I see such a monstrosity!
    Although maybe fruttock is a big fat version, whereas a beetle bonnet could be quite tidy?
    I must desist from mentioning badly-packed kebabs again!

Yes, fruttock, I like the word, I shall use it meself in future :)
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your description is spot on. Basically the Fruttocks are the 'front buttocks'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she was wearing a black pair with white reebok classic trainers.

I've been on Jury Service this week, and I've never seen so many young women/girls wearing sportswear! :eek:

What makes them think wearing a full tracksuit and a men's outdoor jacket over it is flattering? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today I was walking along behind a woman who must have been a size 20 at the smallest and she was wearing a black pair with white reebok classic trainers. They were the short ones that cut off just below the knee and they made her thighs and bum look huge. She looked ridiculous, but she's not the only one.

OP I think you may have been walking behind my friend...

Her leggings are stretched so tight over her a*s you can see her thong through the fabric :eek:
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP I think you may have been walking behind my friend...

Her leggings are stretched so tight over her a*s you can see her thong through the fabric :eek:

oh noooooooo

don't let the OP get started on overweight women and thongs :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    Does it honestly matter how other people dress? Maybe these people are wearing what they feel comfortable in and have more important things to worry about than what people think of their fashion sense.

What difference does it make to anybody else?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wear leggings on their own sometimes. I wore them with a normal-length (ie not over the bum) v-neck jumper from GAP the other day, with brown cowboy-ish style boots. And I got loads of (complimentary) male attention :eek: . And I'm a size 12. So there :p !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh noooooooo

don't let the OP get started on overweight women and thongs :eek:

Oh dear... sorry!

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh eck, I appear to be posting in the Fashion & Beauty section now! :o am off!

ps Hello HobbitFeet x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wear leggings on their own sometimes. I wore them with a normal-length (ie not over the bum) v-neck jumper from GAP the other day, with brown cowboy-ish style boots. And I got loads of (complimentary) male attention :eek: . And I'm a size 12. So there :p !
    Where do you hang about, just for the record? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where do you hang about, just for the record? :p

Moorfields Eye Hospital :eek: Just kidding! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wear leggings because they are comfortable and easy to wear. I am a size 18/20 and most often wear them with long or tunic tops.

I don't particularly care that they are not flattering to my bottom/thighs - this isn't something that bothers me, seeing as I am sitting down all the time in a wheelchair.

Unlike ordinary jeans/trousers - leggings don't gape at the back which is a problem for some wheelchair users, and they fit far better.
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Men do tend to like it when women walk about essentially naked! Which is what you are, if you walk around in a pair of tights/leggings with nothing over them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eww its horrible when larger women wear leggings and just a top with no skirt, so you can see everything :S
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    I saw this one woman who was built lie a hippo with some lggings on. nasty!!!

Just cause you choose to be fat doenst mean we have to look at all that fleash - yuck
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    Men do tend to like it when women walk about essentially naked! Which is what you are, if you walk around in a pair of tights/leggings with nothing over them.

Sure. Uh-huh. I'm basically naked. Whilst wearing trousers and a top. So tempted to do a :rolleyes: and tell you not to be so jellus :p
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:DThis thread is an education!!:D:D

Camels-toes, fruttocks, beetle bonnets ...... where have I been that I haven't heard these words:confused::o:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJ Marlowe wrote: »
    Does it honestly matter how other people dress? Maybe these people are wearing what they feel comfortable in and have more important things to worry about than what people think of their fashion sense.

What difference does it make to anybody else?

Wow! You've never ever looked at someone and had any kind of negative thought about their attire? Never? Not once? Even terrible 70s fashion?
  • LnMidnaLnMidna Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three quarter length leggings don't look good on anybody. All they do is make your lower legs look majorly chunky!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a size 10 and wear leggings with tops:p! Not normal length tops but not dresses either, just about covering my bum length:D! I think they look ok.....

& Leggings aren't like tights, Tights are see through. If you get some good quality leggings then you cant see throught them, I think these are fine to wear normal tops with...