Overweight women who wear leggins

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I only think leggings look good if worn with a long-ish top, one that at least covers the bum. That's just my opinion though.

I'm a 21 y/o size 12/14 and wouldn't dream of wearing them though, not unless under a dress or something.
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sure. Uh-huh. I'm basically naked. Whilst wearing trousers and a top. So tempted to do a :rolleyes: and tell you not to be so jellus :p

You didn't mention wearing trousers!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    I'm a size 10/12, and i wear them :D

... but under dresses.. havent quite reached the stage of a vest top and leggings :p

x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,373
    Forum Member
    Porcupine wrote: »
    Im a size 16, and i wear them :o

I love my black leggings, but i wear them with a small selection of things. I have 2 long (to the knee) jumper dresses to wear with them in the winter. In the summer i have a lovely black gypsy dress which is knee length and a long black knee length camisole that i wear with them.

I also wear them in the evening with my nightie if im sat watching TV. I have a black nightie, and with the black leggings it looks quite nice. With my lovely long dressing gown undone and flowing, i feel quite lovely and comfy.

Sorry if some people are offended by this :o

You bloody well wear what you like, honey! :):)

All those clothes sound really nice and sound like they fit well together! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think worn under a flattering long top or short dress they can look very nice on 'the larger lady'.
  • louisa320louisa320 Posts: 7,459
    Forum Member
    Sometimes not a pretty sight, but i suppose if the person wearing them feels comfortable then good on them!
    As the weather has become nice again, i see all sorts....Older females wearing the very short skirts, with massive legs, and the extrmely tight tops.

Also men in shorts and vest tops, with massive bellies....But if they are hpapy, who am i to say anything. :)

I know if i was large i couldn't wear revealing things though as we all know society is and can be cruel
  • hannah-xhannah-x Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a size 10/12 and I love leggings. I think they're a great alternative to tights in the summer, as you can still wear them with flip flops/sandals and look summery. And in the cold they just keep you warm. :D I hate my legs and I actually think black leggings make them look slimmer. I only ever wear leggings/jeggings under a long top or a dress though - not quite at the "leggings as trousers" stand yet! :p
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Leggings should all be thrown on the bonfire and never worn again. Ever.

Who on earth invented these monstrosities?

They even look disgusting on Kate Moss. Stop wearing them just cos they're "in fashion". You don't have to wear something just cos it's "in fashion" you know? It's okay to buck the trend and wear what you want.

Wearing leggings makes you look like you a) couldn't really be bothered b) you still had some from last time they were in fashion or c) you like people laughing at your bandy/fat/skinny legs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    As long as the bum is covered I don't see that it matters what size you are.

I'm into jeggings at the mo sooooo much more comfier that skinny jeans - and you can eat in them too:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    I'm not really into leggings or jeggings or any other type _eggings.

I'm more of a black tights or skinny jeans type of person, but I do think that leggings worn with just a top showing your bum looks stupid what ever your size.
  • martinamerlotmartinamerlot Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a 16-18 and I wear them. However, I'm lucky enough to have slim, toned legs and hips. Plain black ones, though-no patterns. Naughty me. :p

However, I'd never wear them with a short top-yikes! I wear mine under tunic style dresses and short skirts. But I agree that if you're particularly chunky legged then they're not going to do you many favours.
  • pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum nagged me into buying a pair. She was sick of me wearing jeans underneath my shorter (above the knee) length dresses. I think they're evil though, always bloody falling down, I'm tempted to wear my knickers on top of them just to keep them up. Saying that I think leggings look fine on anyone if they're the right size and worn with something below the bum....except those shiny wetlook ones. They're ugly no matter what :P
  • lil_boolil_boo Posts: 1,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love wearing my leggings, but as many have said, only with dresses or long tops and I hate my legs and always keep them covered, so leggings are a handy way to do so when wearing dresses
  • HurlleyHurlley Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    Men do tend to like it when women walk about essentially naked! Which is what you are, if you walk around in a pair of tights/leggings with nothing over them.

Amen, highly distracting if your trying to concentrate in the library lol, the things some girls wear :D. Also to add you don't need to be a size 8 to pull off leggings as long as yours covering up its no different from tights. Also as long as your not spilling out the sides (heavily linked with size I suppose) I think you can get away with wearing just leggings without covering up ;) its all good in my view (guys view, although somewhat irrelevant since most of the time its others girls that girls go out to show off to)

hehe sorry the word leggings just caught my eye browsing the forum home screen ill leave now.
  • I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    A friend of mine is not what you'd call slim.

One day to work, she wore an oversized shirt, black leggings and knee high boots. The shirt was just long enough to cover her bum, so she was adqeuately covered but you could still appreciate the outline.

I thought she looked fantastic. Judging by the way she walked around the place, she seemed to feel liberated and happy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend of mine is not what you'd call slim.

One day to work, she wore an oversized shirt, black leggings and knee high boots. The shirt was just long enough to cover her bum, so she was adqeuately covered but you could still appreciate the outline.

I thought she looked fantastic. Judging by the way she walked around the place, she seemed to feel liberated and happy.

The whole dress/tunic and boots with either leggings or jeans is a fabulous look that all sizes and ages can wear. The thing I love about is that I'm very top heavy and slim bottomed so I can hide my boobs and not look odd and as I'm in my early 40s I don't look like mutton dressed as lamb either.
  • Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a good size 18-20 down the bottom and wear leggings. Never used to, and was always stuck in trousers and jeans, but wanted a change for going out as I wear trousers to work, so never felt like I was dressed up, so I wear plain black ones with a long-ish tunic top that covers my hips, bum and thighs as that's where I put on the majority of my weight, being a wonderfully-annoying pear-shaped woman! :D As I said, I team them with a nice, shaped tunic top to enhance my top half as I'm slimmer there, and to cover my bottom half, whilst completing the outfit with a nice pair of heels. I dont much like my legs and pear-shape (maybe I will once I lose some weight), so don't wear dresses - but when I do, they're to the knee, and with tights and boots/heels. Suppose if I found the right dress, I'd happily go without tights, or at least wear very sheer ones.
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leggings are fine if worn with a dress or long jumper, on all sizes, but what annoys me are chubbier ladies in joggers and trainers when its obvious theyve never jogged in their lives.
  • northernslayernorthernslayer Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just seen 3 girls around size 26/28 wearing leggings, one even had the 'wet look' ones on. Confidence is one thing but my god these ladies looked horrendous. At least wear a longish tunic to cover the bumps, not tiny little tops to the waist! I'm all for being comfortable in what we wear but bellys bulging over the top and skin tight to the legs :eek: I'm seeing more and more of it everyday :eek:
  • pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find bulges are due to wearing the wrong size especially if you're wearing the low on the waist ones. I have a friend who is an 8/10 and still gets bulges because she gets leggings in size 6 (arguing there is stretch in them so you need to go smaller), and low slung.
  • ericabericab Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought some leggings - plain black ones - last week with the encouragement of my daughter, who is into trends and she wasn't mortified that her 45 year old mum was wearing them.

I'm only 5 feet tall but have quite nice, albeit short, legs and am a size 12. I also bought a tunic length red top and a chunky knit grey tunic top to go over the top so my backside isn't on show. I have to admit, it felt quite odd to wear them again after years of them not being in fashion but I put them on with knee high, stilletoe heeled black boots and the grey tunic and all 3 of my daughters said I looked really nice :D

They are actually really comfortable to wear, as someone else said, you can eat your dinner wearing them and I can really understand why ladies would lounge around on the sofa wearing them.

Although, I do think larger ladies need to be careful what they wear with their leggings :D and calf length ones surely are a no-no?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I'm a size 18 and I'm wearing a pair of leggings with a long
    jumper and a pair of boots and I think i look smart and if that upset slimmer woman, then TOUGH!!!!:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one that thinks that *some* people who wear leggings with a tunic (and belt) bear an uncanny resemblence to Shrek?? :p
  • leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it depends on the legs! I don't think skinny people look great in leggings/jeggings etc if their leg are straight up and down with no shape to them or bandy legged. I am a size 12 and wear them but only becuae I know my legs are a nice shape. However I would not wear them with being tucked into boots in order to balance out my tum! In fact I do think it should be a crime to wear legging/jeggings skinny boots without heels/boots.