The guy from Hollyoaks is going to be the one to beat

ShadowmaidenShadowmaiden Posts: 3,030
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just watching that group dance you could tell, he was bloody brilliant. My mum has never seen or heard of him before and thought he was one of the professionals.! He is definitely the one to watch. He must be a trained dancer surely?:eek:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching that group dance you could tell, he was bloody brilliant. My mum has never seen or heard of him before and thought he was one of the professionals.! He is definitely the one to watch. He must be a trained dancer surely?:eek:

Agree. He looked very good. Wonder how he will get on in the ballroom dances, though. xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG I sooooo agree. Hew was awesome! :D I can't wait to see him do his dances.
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yup, I have to say, he doesn't need to resort to wearing fish-nets or thongs to get far.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen some of the dances Natalie did with Tim Campbell and he looked good, Ricky could do very well with her as a partner. But he hasn't got much time to rehearse with his Hollyoaks job.
  • rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    totally agree with u, he caught my eye 2
  • ShadowmaidenShadowmaiden Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen some of the dances Natalie did with Tim Campbell and he looked good, Ricky could do very well with her as a partner. But he hasn't got much time to rehearse with his Hollyoaks job.

With such good natural ability he doesn't really need much time. Christine Bleakley managed to do it last year and she wasn't half as good.
  • shakeyershammyshakeyershammy Posts: 18,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was really good, got a great natural rhythm on him. Plus, it helps that he's hot! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With such good natural ability he doesn't really need much time. Christine Bleakley managed to do it last year and she wasn't half as good.

Natural ability is good but I think remembering routines will be a problem. How many hours was Christine rehearsing? I read Ricky only has 4 hours a day
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was really good, got a great natural rhythm on him. Plus, it helps that he's hot! :D

Lol yes. It does help, and plus Hollyoaks has a big fanbase. I think he'd last the course even if he was rubbish.

Ali is pretty good as well.
  • I<3Matt&FlaviaI<3Matt&Flavia Posts: 1,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes totally agree with this thread :D I was watching him in the group dance & he looked really good. Has definitely got natural rhythm & looked like he could move his hips very well :p I am really looking forward to seeing him next week :)
  • soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definately. His latin will be outstanding, one of Strictly's best ever methinks. I can see him picking up ballroom pretty quickly as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's been few really outstaning men on the show, think he could change all that though.
  • drbolognaisedrbolognaise Posts: 2,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ricky being so well built will work for him, as Len said. Such natural rhythm, so light on his feet. I was drooling over his footwork for once, rather than drooling over his pecs. He's definately a contender, very exciting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say, Len is a curse if he picks you as the best in a group dance.

He rated Spoony, and Spoony was the shock early exit in season 4.

He said good thing about Gabby in the group dance, and she was season 5's shock early exit.

I hope it's not a kiss of death for Ricky W when Len picked him tonight. :D
  • drbolognaisedrbolognaise Posts: 2,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, Len is a curse if he picks you as the best in a group dance.

He rated Spoony, and Spoony was the shock early exit in season 4.

He said good thing about Gabby in the group dance, and she was season 5's shock early exit.

I hope it's not a kiss of death for Ricky W when Len picked him tonight. :D

I was more worried because he's with one of the newbie professionals. They tend to not to do so well (unless you are Brian F who is amazing!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    definitely :) I thought he was amazing tonight. So impressed and excited for next week....
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,061
    Forum Member
    Agreed. He really stood out in the group dance I had to look at him twice because I wasn't sure whether or not he was a pro! Mind you I spent so much time trying to spot him again that I missed Tuffers! :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just from the group dance you could tell he's got great natural ability and I'm predicting he's going to be head and shoulders above the other male celebs. Craig and Richard were laughable (in a sort of good way) and Tuffers is just Tuffers. When his main male competition on first showing appears to be Chris bl**dy Hollins he seems a cert for the final...
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol yes. It does help, and plus Hollyoaks has a big fanbase.

It really doesn't! It doesn't rate in Ch4's top 30 shows so it's probably down at the 1million mark.

He looked good in the Latin but obviously we'll have to wait and see how he proves himself in the ballroom.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    It really doesn't! It doesn't rate in Ch4's top 30 shows so it's probably down at the 1million mark.

He looked good in the Latin but obviously we'll have to wait and see how he proves himself in the ballroom.

Yeah, he might turn up like Mark Ramprakash, good in latin but not as good in ballroom.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    Agreed. He really stood out in the group dance I had to look at him twice because I wasn't sure whether or not he was a pro! Mind you I spent so much time trying to spot him again that I missed Tuffers! :D:D:D

Tuffers is hilarious. I loved him on Im A Celeb all those years ago.
  • beauty-1beauty-1 Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think thay Ricky will surely go far. Confident dancing, he looked like a professional and danced with such ease. I look forward to seeing what he can do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ricky is now the bookies fave :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked the look of him. He looked very comfortable doing that dance. Looking forward to seeing him properly next weekend. But he's definitely a contender.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member

Are you talking about the black guy? If you are, I agree I thought he was a professional too.