People who make mistakes while driving and then blame you!

ShadowmaidenShadowmaiden Posts: 3,030
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just had an altercation with an arrogant bitch in a flash car outside my house:mad:

I had to move my car because I'd been unable to park it in its usual place yesterday. Anyway, as Im heading down the road a black, shiney lexus thing shoots past me going way over the speed limit, it stopped outside the flats and dropped off some footballers wife looking bimbo and drove off.

I get in my car and reverse slowly around the corner into a side road to drive back out on the road and as I edge slowly and gently back into the street this flash bitch comes hurtling down the road doing way over 30 stops right next to me and beeps her horn at me. Now at no point was I anywhere near close to hitting her, I think she was just miffed that she'd had to slow down and stop because I was there:mad:

I looked up and she looks at me like im a piece of shit on her shoe and im afraid I did something I would not normally do. I stuck two fingers up at her and mouthed, '**** you bitch':o I mean christ it was a good job It was me and not a child on a bike the way she was driving.

She just shook her head at me and drove off like the clappers. But I really hate people like that, they have a smart car and they think they are better than you because of it. They think they can do what I like and blame other people for their mistakes:mad:

Rant over!

Comments

• RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both bad as each other I'd say.
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So she was on the major road and you were in the minor road?

She had to stop because you were pulling out?

I Just want to clarify before I comment.
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest Shadowmaiden, and I say this gently, if you were as agressive in the car as you come across in that opening post I'd probably shake my head at you as well. :o
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're just jealous cause she had a nice car.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member

I think the OP was reversing into a side road.

Which is perfectly legal.
  • Lego PigLego Pig Posts: 2,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That woman was lucky it was you she beeped at and not me.
  • ShadowmaidenShadowmaiden Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wasn't pulling out though. I'd reversed up the side road, which is slightly uphill and I was coming back down it, then I saw the car and stopped. But she beeped her horn at me and stopped right at in front of me anyway:confused: I dunno if she thought I was going to pull straight out or something and hit her precious car.

Why honk your horn at some for driving down a road?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confusing wrote: »
    I think the OP was reversing into a side road.

Which is perfectly legal.

I read it as she had reversed and was pulling back into the main road.

I'd like her to clarify :)

Edit - I've just seen she has clarified that she was pulling back out into the major road.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lego Pig wrote: »

Lol well. I wouldn't usually respond like that, but the way she stopped right in front of me beeped her horn and looked at me like I was a dirt really infuriated me.

Like I say if she carries on driving around like that she'll end up with her car getting a nice key mark down the side, or being on the receiving end of some serious road rage.
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing about driving is everybody thinks that they're really good at it and everyone else is crap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it funny the way some people think they can stop their car by using their horn. The amount of people I have seen whizzing around a roundabout and someone pull's out and their instinct reaction is to blast the horn instead of using their brakes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    I read it as she had reversed and was pulling back into the main road.

I'd like her to clarify :)

Edit - I've just seen she has clarified that she was pulling back out into the major road.
    I'm confused now :confused:

So was the OP reversing into a side road when the car pulled up behind?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confusing wrote: »
    I'm confused now :confused:

So was the OP reversing into a side road when the car pulled up behind?

I understand it as reverse manoeuvre was over.

She was pulling back out into the major road when the other car (who was driving along major road) had to stop.

Then the altercation occured.

I would suggest that unless the other car driver makes a habit of randomly stopping and beeping her horn, that she thought the OP was pulling out, or the OP had pulled out.

Good grief, I'm confused now.... :)
  • skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    I would have beeped at you both.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand it as reverse manoeuvre was over.

She was pulling back out into the major road when the other car (who was driving along major road) had to stop.

Then the altercation occured.

I would suggest that unless the other car driver makes a habit of randomly stopping and beeping her horn, that she thought the OP was pulling out, or the OP had pulled out.

Good grief, I'm confused now.... :)

Yes thats what happened.

The side road is actually more like a back alley way behind some council houses. Its slightly uphill and I was coming back down it when she pulled in front of me and honked the horn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it funny the way some people think they can stop their car by using their horn. The amount of people I have seen whizzing around a roundabout and someone pull's out and their instinct reaction is to blast the horn instead of using their brakes.

As the correct use of the horn is to warn somebody that you are there, is it perfectly acceptable to use it in conjunction with your brakes. I find as a driver I can move my hands and feet at the same time. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the correct use of the horn is to warn somebody that you are there, is it perfectly acceptable to use it in conjunction with your brakes. I find as a driver I can move my hands and feet at the same time. :eek:

I am quite proud to admit that I have never honked my horn at anyone. Im always scared to use it in case I annoy the othe driver and they follow me or something.
  • lucky74lucky74 Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why? What would you have done?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am quite proud to admit that I have never honked my horn at anyone. Im always scared to use it in case I annoy the othe driver and they follow me or something.

Is honking your horn worse than sticking your fingers up and swearing at people (even if they cant hear you) from the saferty of your car?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucky74 wrote: »
    Why? What would you have done?

I cant say because it is againt ToS to discuss intent of commiting an illegal act.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have an answer for everything dont you :yawn:

But you obviously did not understand my post. I clearly said people who hold down their horn and do not brake. I think you need to be less defensive because that comment was not even aimed at you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Is honking your horn worse than sticking your fingers up and swearing at people (even if they cant hear you) from the saferty of your car?

Maybe the arrogant cow will think about that next time she tries to intimidate and bully another road user with her flash car and horn beeping.

I was only responding to her. Im entitled to stick up for myself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when it's not a critical thing i love usin' the horn....pure satisfaction way of letting the other driver know they've done something THICK. I don't use it much tho. my instinct is usually quicker to flash lights, which isn't as good, because it's not as obvious

If i actually need to avoid something i won't use the horn because i'll be too busy trying to avoid it.

Isn't a Lexus for people who want to think they have a flash car, but don't ?*

* no offence probably :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the arrogant cow will think about that next time she tries to intimidate and bully another road user with her flash car and horn beeping.

I was only responding to her. Im entitled to stick up for myself.

wow, talk about an inferiority complex, lol. Classic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    wow, talk about an inferiority complex, lol. Classic.

Inferiority complex? OK then:rolleyes: