Forum Member
✭✭✭
Second series started tonight on E4

Comments

• Options
    TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this by chance last night and thought it was v.funny.

"I have one word for that dress..... raggedy!" :D:D:D
  • Options
    Free as a birdFree as a bird Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love RuPaul, so will try and catch this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show is hilariously cringeworthy. The first ep was funny :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those who missed it you can watch on 4oD:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/rupauls-drag-race/4od

The programme is enjoyably ridiculous :)
  • Options
    Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    I remember years ago watching something called "RuPauls Christmas Ball" and thought it was the funniest thing I'd seen!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Loved the first series, only discovered this one had started by accident... loving it already (even though I couldn't help but look and see who won :rolleyes: )
  • Options
    Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rupaul's Drag Race is shown earlier in the year in the US, so I watched it on torrents back then. Do stick with it, after a slow start it gets really good and better than the first series, in my opinion as it has one or two really talented queens competing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching this now on E4??
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bumping to say I'm really enjoying this. I'm not into doing drag at al, but I don't judge those who are, and I really respect the guys for taking part and being true to themselves.

Is it just me or does Jujubee make a really convincing female? :o
  • Options
    eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Asian men in drag are very convincing. Must be their build and bone structure. If you live near west London check out Thai Nice restaurant. They have drag/cabaret shows with Thais performing and they are amazing. Next show is new years eve
    www.thainice.co.uk
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Wow that's a blast from the past, remember that show he did with Laurie Pike (whatever happened to her by the way?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard to believe that the guest judge last week was Debbie Reynolds!! FFS..she was in Singin in the Rain and that was made in 1952!!!!!
  • Options
    Vardon78Vardon78 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    This show is absolutely hilarious and a total guilty pleasure. I can't understand for the life of me why E4 is trying to bury this show. Series 2 started out at midnight when it premiered in September and as the series progressed it's time slot has been getting later and later each week with this week's episode on at like 1:45am and next weeks episode at 2:50am. E4 gave series 2 no promo whatsoever and still have series 1 picture and bio on their website. If given a better and consistant time slot, maybe 10:30pm or 11pm with a repeat during the day on Saturdays, it would have a better following in the UK. At this rate, it looks like we may not get RuPaul's Drag U which aired last Summer in the US or series 3 which premieres in early 2011 in the US. Sucks as this show is one of the better reality TV shows out there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    Love RuPaul. I've not seen Drag Race yet though. I watched an interview recently of him plugging his 'guide to life' book, in which he was wearing his 'male drag', which was far more bizarre than seeing him in a dress. But what shocked me most was the fact that he came across as genuinely interesting, intelligent person, I think I might actually buy his book.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RuPaul's Drag U. Whats that?
  • Options
    CybersiCybersi Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Really enjoying the second season, like an earlier poster said it has improved as the series has gone on. I loved the drag fathers task last week - amazing makeovers!

Again I cannot understand why E4 have no real interest in this other than showing it in a graveyard slot as I'm sure it has much wider appeal than just to LGBT viewers.

Amazingly I've managed to avoid any online reference to who the winner in of S2. The only thing I don't like and would change is Judge Santino, he certainly can shassay away in time for S3!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eye3 wrote: »
    RuPaul's Drag U. Whats that?

Each episode Drag Queens from series 1 and 2 of RuPaul's Drag Race help make-over three real women into Drag Queens and they compete to be the winner. There are two good episodes - RuPaul's sisters get a make-over and the 'celebrity' episode with Charlene Tilton (Lucy Ewing from Dallas) and two other women from American TV.

People who have not seen RuPaul's Drag Race Series 2 final can watch RuPaul's Drag U as there is no mention of who wins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vardon78 wrote: »
    This show is absolutely hilarious and a total guilty pleasure. I can't understand for the life of me why E4 is trying to bury this show. Series 2 started out at midnight when it premiered in September and as the series progressed it's time slot has been getting later and later each week with this week's episode on at like 1:45am and next weeks episode at 2:50am. E4 gave series 2 no promo whatsoever and still have series 1 picture and bio on their website. If given a better and consistant time slot, maybe 10:30pm or 11pm with a repeat during the day on Saturdays, it would have a better following in the UK. At this rate, it looks like we may not get RuPaul's Drag U which aired last Summer in the US or series 3 which premieres in early 2011 in the US. Sucks as this show is one of the better reality TV shows out there.

It's like Project Runway and America's Next Top Model, with comedy elements as well. If you consider what they have to do each week - design their own gowns and do tasks - then it is one of the best reality TV shows out there. It's shown on VH1 in America as well as LOGO Channel and is popular with everyone, not just gays.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit that this show is my secret guilty pleasure. I agree about the rubbish scheduling, I only found out about it by chance channel hopping and saw the first episode that way. Since then have had to watch the other eps on 4oD as it's always on far too late. I liked the ep where they had to work with and create their drag mothers, very funny :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few days ago I mentioned that Thai Nice Restaurant in West London has regular cabaret shows with Thais in drag. Ive now heard that theyve been inundated with requests for the new show mentioning Digital Spy. E4 might not think there is demand for drag shows but this proves there is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finale on at 0245 E4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AND THE WINNNER IS
    THE OTHER TYRAH SANCHEZ

and did a Gilian McKeith
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    TomStar wrote: »
    I saw this by chance last night and thought it was v.funny.

"I have one word for that dress..... raggedy!" :D:D:D

This shit is what passes for entertainment these days??.Bloody hell
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Had to bump this thread up, anyone watching season 3 yet, best season so far me Raja to win :D
  • Options
    speigelspeigel Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what car does he drive?