Does Ashley Cole like being ridiculed?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
Forum Member
As if he hasn't had enough bad publicity he now appears with a stupid mohawk!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's the best left-back of the world, one of the finest full-backs England has ever produced and has just won the Champions League. So I doubt he cares, tbh.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moireen wrote: »
    He's the best left-back of the world, one of the finest full-backs England has ever produced and has just won the Champions League. So I doubt he cares, tbh.

^ I was going to post something similar :D

Say what you like about Ashley, he's a respected footballer. I doubt he cares about popularity.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    People like Cashley Cole and Big Boy Barry earn so much dosh, we don't give a bollocks what people say about us.

We are too busy living it large!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Cole is a fairly risible human being, but, and this is being generous, I do respect him as a footballer - only once has he not played well for England, and, at the last world cup when most played appallingly, he was the stand out player, both in terms of performance and effort.
  • Mrs MillsMrs Mills Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem is that these footballers earn so much money and have lots of time on their hands. Therefore they spend large amounts of money on cars, clothes and silly haircuts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I don't think his hair is that bad, and he wouldn't be the first footballer to have a mohican.

David Beckham has had worse haircuts over the years, including a mohican - and who can forget his cornrows?:o:o
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    ^ I was going to post something similar :D

Say what you like about Ashley, he's a respected footballer. I doubt he cares about popularity.

in which case that would be two of you who are wrong

Cole is an average full back at best and will be sure to make at least one mistake that gets England knocked out of Euro 2012 like his howler against Germany in the last World Cup
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    "average full back".... pmsl

Cashley may be a pr1ck, but he has arguably been the best left back in the world over the past decade (certainly the only England player who would threaten a world XI). Ronaldo never got a kick when up against him.

Truly a world class player.
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DC 17 wrote: »
    "average full back".... pmsl

Cashley may be a pr1ck, but he has arguably been the best left back in the world over the past decade (certainly the only England player who would threaten a world XI). Ronaldo never got a kick when up against him.

Truly a world class player.

only if your measurement of world class is comparison with other English born full backs. otherwise he might make the top 10 left backs in Euro 2012.

he is probably hoping he does not face Thomas Muller again
  • the albionthe albion Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With people losing respect for him because of his behaviour over the years they forget that he is a very good footballer. His image now goes before him.

The best thing would have been for him to play it safe now rather than have a ridiculous new hairstyle which will just attract more comments.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the albion wrote: »
    With people losing respect for him because of his behaviour over the years they forget that he is a very good footballer. His image now goes before him.

The best thing would have been for him to play it safe now rather than have a ridiculous new hairstyle which will just attract more comments.

Why should he? :confused: You only live once.....surely its up to him what hairstyle he has....he's not hurting anybody with it is he.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he is that bad of person but he is in the eyes of St Cheryl fans how dare he cheat on the "Sweetheart" Cheryl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I don't think he is that bad of person but he is in the eyes of St Cheryl fans how dare he cheat on the "Sweetheart" Cheryl.

Especially Polly bloody Hudson. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A lot of the hate towards Ashley Cole has nothing to do with Cheryl.

He's hated by Arsenal fans for his sneaky dealings with Chelsea and for the sickening line in his autobiography where he said that he was 'trembling with anger' over the £55,000 per week Arsenal were offering him. I mean, how dare they offer him such paltry wages? :mad:

And going back to the Cheryl saga, he did treat her like a piece of shit - whether you like or dislike her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's hated by Arsenal fans for his sneaky dealings with Chelsea and for the sickening line in his autobiography where he said that he was 'trembling with anger' over the £55,000 per week Arsenal were offering him. I mean, how dare they offer him such paltry wages? :mad:

And going back to the Cheryl saga, he did treat her like a piece of shit - whether you like or dislike her.

:eek: That is disgusting how can someone not live off that amount most don't get that in two years.
    However i don't know how you can say him cheating on cheryl has nothing to do with it , I would say thats the main reason a lot of people hate him.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He was 24 when he put out that autobiography.. and he was badly advised and quite thick.

you can't chatisise someone over making a ''greedy'' comment and then hate them for it years. its irrational.

As for cheryl, meh. Its sad but not the end of the world or even anyone elses business.

I mean England love a man that put his wife in hospital because of badly beating her down -- Gazza and could give them radio shows-- collymore but god forbid putting ia silly comment in a book about money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was 24 when he put out that autobiography.. and he was badly advised and quite thick.

you can't chatisise someone over making a ''greedy'' comment and then hate them for it years. its irrational.

As for cheryl, meh. Its sad but not the end of the world or even anyone elses business.

I mean England love a man that put his wife in hospital because of badly beating her down -- Gazza and could give them radio shows-- collymore but god forbid putting ia silly comment in a book about money.

24 is hardly young! And it isn't irrational to fans and supporters who idolised him as a player at Arsenal - he went behind the club's back and was rightly punished by the FA for doing so. The line in the book was adding insult to injury.

Gazza did a lot of bad things, but for some reason the public seemed to love him - it's not the same with Ashley Cole, some people connect with the public, others dont.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    true it was wrong but not the end of the world. people move on. It was his agent that set up the interview.

24 is young. hes just thick

truth is too many people value money over the welfare of human beings.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Mills wrote: »
    The problem is that these footballers earn so much money and have lots of time on their hands. Therefore they spend large amounts of money on cars, clothes and silly haircuts.

Cole does alot of community work, as do quite alot of more well off footballers.

But lets not mention that eh?
  • Mrs MillsMrs Mills Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cole does alot of community work, as do quite alot of more well off footballers.

But lets not mention that eh?

He should spend more time in the community and less time in the barbers:D
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    :eek: That is disgusting how can someone not live off that amount most don't get that in two years.
    However i don't know how you can say him cheating on cheryl has nothing to do with it , I would say thats the main reason a lot of people hate him.

There are people who dislike him cos of the whole "Cashley" business and then there is (an entirely seperate) group of people who dislike him for his marital misdeanours
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed...and he won't dish any dirt on her (of which there may be plenty)...but, as already noted by previous posters, Arsenal fans will always hate him!
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed...and he won't dish any dirt on her (of which there may be plenty)

It was probably untrue and a load of rubbish, but wasn't there several stories in the press saying she issued a gagging order at the time of divorce? :confused:

Either way, he never does interviews (other than the odd football-related one). Sometimes (but not that often :p ) I think 'hats off to him' for that because there are so many stories about him and he never comments on them. I imagine he must be on the 'wish list' of the likes of Piers Morgan because I bet he's got a story to tell about being in the public eye.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    There are people who dislike him cos of the whole "Cashley" business and then there is (an entirely seperate) group of people who dislike him for his marital misdeanours

Exactly. He wasn't popular with most people before the extra marital affairs - to say people dislike him purely because of him cheating on his ex-wife is ridiculous.
  • Phatal41Phatal41 Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Blimey, if i was on 100-150k a week and knew what it was like to sleep with a certain woman named Cheryl, i could not give a toss about being ridiculed, ever!