Jennifer Aniston engaged (for real, this time)

Comments

• parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    She really is. How she's maintained a 'career' off the back of Friends and is still considered A-list is just bewildering.

She hasn't been great since Friends but, IMO, she was excellent on the show. Great comedic timing.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's chosen some crap parts eg The Bounty Hunter. But part of her appeal is her "dullness" unlike Angelina there appears to be nothing too exotic, dangerous or challenging. She's a slightly prettier girl next door, who you could have lunch with and talk about day to day stuff. Angelina is going to talk refugees, women's rights, the conflict in Syria etc.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    parthy wrote: »
    She hasn't been great since Friends but, IMO, she was excellent on the show. Great comedic timing.

Yeah, it was a great ensemble piece. But I always found Monica and Phoebe far more interesting than the Rachel character. :)
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She really is. How she's maintained a 'career' off the back of Friends and is still considered A-list is just bewildering.

I wonder this too. She just has no screen presence for me compared most other A-List actresses and unlike another poster in this thread I've always found her comic timing very lacking when compared to her co-stars.

The only role I've enjoyed that she's done is her character in Marley & Me, which was the one and only time I didn't keep thinking "Rachel Greene" while watching her.

I can never get over the fact that Courtney Cox was the only Friends cast member never nominated for an Emmy. I always thought she was the best performer out of all six and the glue that held it all together. Mind blowing that she not only never got any recognition but was actively snubbed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder this too. She just has no screen presence for me compared most other A-List actresses and unlike another poster in this thread I've always found her comic timing very lacking when compared to her co-stars.

The only role I've enjoyed that she's done is her character in Marley & Me, which was the one and only time I didn't keep thinking "Rachel Greene" while watching her.

I can never get over the fact that Courtney Cox was the only Friends cast member never nominated for an Emmy. I always thought she was the best performer out of all six and the glue that held it all together. Mind blowing that she not only never got any recognition but was actively snubbed.

Again, bewildering. I adored her character, so multi-layered, she was actually the one I most identified with (nothing wrong with having 11 categories of towels in my book :o:D) And particularly in the last season where her and Chandler's relationship was such a pivotal part of the show.

The only film I've liked with Aniston was The Good Girl, where at least she tried something different... but everything after that, just blah.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus, if Jennifer Aniston isn't safe from the wrath and venom of DS, no one is safe. What a way to spend your Friday nights girlies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Jesus, if Jennifer Aniston isn't safe from the wrath and venom of DS, no one is safe. What a way to spend your Friday nights girlies.

Another poster who seems to have a problem with criticism of celebrities. If people don't like a discussion why don't they ignore it? Actively trying to shut a discussion down because they disagree with the general opinion, or posting just to sneer at is other posters is really sad in my opinion.

Why the mods aren't a bit stricter about this sort of attitude I don't know. It goes against the whole point of the forum!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again, bewildering. I adored her character, so multi-layered, she was actually the one I most identified with (nothing wrong with having 11 categories of towels in my book :o:D) And particularly in the last season where her and Chandler's relationship was such a pivotal part of the show.

The only film I've liked with Aniston was The Good Girl, where at least she tried something different... but everything after that, just blah.

I love the Thanksgiving episode in season nine (I think it was) when she was obsessing over her posh plates. I can relate to her flappy, OCD personality more than I'd like. :o:D

I love Monica and Chandler as a couple. It's so rare to have a couple where the entire relationship from start to finish was realistic and well written. They were crazy, but it worked. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another poster who seems to have a problem with criticism of celebrities. If people don't like a discussion why don't they ignore it? Actively trying to shut a discussion down because they disagree with the general opinion, or posting just to sneer at is other posters is really sad in my opinion.

Why the mods aren't a bit stricter about this sort of attitude I don't know. It goes against the whole point of the forum!

Have all the discussions you want about your hatred for someone you'll never meet or never know. I'll never understand that.
  • Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Or having a ribbon drawer.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have all the discussions you want about your hatred for someone you'll never meet or never know. I'll never understand that.

Who has used the word hated? Is being critical or negative automatically hating someone in your world?

I think someone needs to get down off their high horse. For the most part all I've seen you do in this forum is scold people like they are naughty kids. And you tell others how they should be spending their time! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simone17 wrote: »

I'd love to have a ribbon drawer. :o And a buttons box. :o
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep,

Especially hatred of Philip Schofield and Justin Bieber.

It makes no sense
    :cry::cry:

One of downtonfan's monologues against Schofield:

If it wasn't for John Lesley getting accused of rape, Pip would still be crying into his Gordon the Gopher merchandise over his lost career

But of course, he/she is allowed their opinion. No one else is allowed to critique celebrities.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But there is a massive difference between someone like Pip and someone like Jennifer.

Pip exposes himself to the general public through social media and invites the general public into his life by being on This Morning. Jennifer is just an actress. She plays characters that are fictitious, she gives interviews to promote movies and that's it. She doesn't court the media like a lot of these people who show up on DS with the topic title "Am I the only one who hates so and so"

Go on. Pick that apart. And while you do, just be aware that I don't really get annoyed or throw the teddy out of the pram when you have a rant at me. :p Too old to care.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But downton, who are you to try and dictate anything to anyone and judge what they talk about? You seem to despise this forum and any users who say anything you don't like so why are YOU still here? No one is throwing their teddy out of the pram but you.
  • Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well...my wrapping paper drawer does have loads of ribbons in it.:o:D I kind of have a buttons box too.:o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the Thanksgiving episode in season nine (I think it was) when she was obsessing over her posh plates. I can relate to her flappy, OCD personality more than I'd like. :o:D
    Well...my wrapping paper drawer does have loads of ribbons in it.:o:D I kind of have a buttons box too.:o:o

This is one of my faves - (From here - scroll down to 'Personality' http://friends.wikia.com/wiki/Monica_Geller )

She is obsessive to the point that she cleans her cleaning supplies, using a Dustbuster to remove dirt from a vacuum cleaner and wishing there was a smaller vacuum to clean the Dustbuster.

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But there is a massive difference between someone like Pip and someone like Jennifer.

Pip exposes himself to the general public through social media and invites the general public into his life by being on This Morning. Jennifer is just an actress. She plays characters that are fictitious, she gives interviews to promote movies and that's it. She doesn't court the media like a lot of these people who show up on DS with the topic title "Am I the only one who hates so and so"

Go on. Pick that apart. And while you do, just be aware that I don't really get annoyed or throw the teddy out of the pram when you have a rant at me. :p Too old to care.

Yeah, essentially you're a Grade A hypocrite.

Jennifer Aniston is also on Twitter and also has a considerable media presence. You like her but you don't like Schofield, so in your mind, your 'argument' makes sense. It doesn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, essentially you're a Grade A hypocrite.

Jennifer Aniston is also on Twitter and also has a considerable media presence. You like her but you don't like Schofield, so in your mind, your 'argument' makes sense. It doesn't.

Jennifer is not on Twitter...

You're a Grade A big fibbing fibber!

Anyway, I'm done with this very boring discussion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Such a wind-up merchant.

Back to the topic, I'm watching a season three episode of Friends and I find the Ross/Rachel/Mark storyline so over-rated. I honestly do think Ross and Rachel was actually the most boring relationship on the show, especially any time after season three when the writers truly beat it to death with a shovel.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I always end up binging this up on Jennifer Aniston threads, but have you seen Derailed? She played a very different role from usual in that too, and was excellent in it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always end up binging this up on Jennifer Aniston threads, but have you seen Derailed? She played a very different role from usual in that too, and was excellent in it.

Apparently she is different and good in Rock Star as well, though I haven't seen it personally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer is not on Twitter...

You're a Grade A big fibbing fibber!

She is on Twitter but hasn't tweeted for ages.

But irrespective of that, people are allowed to criticise her if they want to. She has a massive media presence and is always in magazines. People don't like her and are entitled to say so even if they have never met her. Quit telling people what they can and can't do and being such a hypocrite.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have. Ok, she was out of her comfort zone but the film itself was a hot mess so I can't really agree that she was excellent in it. I just think she's 'tv' rather than the big screen.

As for her not courting the media, that's given me the biggest laugh ever. :D
  • Marie_EbbMarie_Ebb Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I think Jennifer Aniston has a very masculine look to her and she appears to have had plastic surgery which has just emphasized this. I saw her in a film a few weeks ago which was on TV starring Jason Bateman and at times she looked like a man in drag, way over rated in the looks department