Options

Claire Cooper (Hollyoaks)

RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone else think she's the best actress in soap at the minute? Her portrayal of Jacqui is absolutely flawless. I've always rated her highly, but she's really excelled herself in recent weeks.

I've said this before in the general discussion thread, but it's always refreshing to see an actress who plays a character who is so completely different to her own personality. Far too many people on T.V simply play an exaggerated version of themselves, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw an interview with Claire and realised just how different she is from Jacqui.

I'm not entirely sure why she hasn't won more awards.

Comments

• Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a brilliant actress, the best actress on HO. I don't know why HO don't give her more SLs, I do think Jennifer Metcalfe (Mercedes) a good actress but personally I think Claire better but Mercedes gets more SLs and usually its just the same thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like it's just us two then, Priscilla :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she is the only reason that I am still watching
  • Options
    kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    I highly agree with you. I love Claire's portrayal of Jacqui. The Wedding crash scenes, when Rhys was dying, and when he died die. Wow, I can still hear her screams.
    Claire IMO is incredibly underrated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, I remember an interview with her and Jennifer Metcalfe on T4 when they recently came into HO and I did a double take when she spoke, soooooooooo posh compared to Jacqui. Its a shame she doesn't win much, she's one of the best actress' in soap atm, let alone HO. Its a shame HO are ignored, last year with the Silas stuff, didn't win a thing, was pretty shocking, I hope this year is the year for HO.
  • Options
    GilashGilash Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Yes she is absolutely amazing. Love her.:D:)
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think she is incredibly overrated :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, I remember an interview with her and Jennifer Metcalfe on T4 when they recently came into HO and I did a double take when she spoke, soooooooooo posh compared to Jacqui. Its a shame she doesn't win much, she's one of the best actress' in soap atm, let alone HO. Its a shame HO are ignored, last year with the Silas stuff, didn't win a thing, was pretty shocking, I hope this year is the year for HO.

I can't see it happening.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think she is incredibly overrated :(

Would be interesting to know why you think that, and which actresses you like :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Probably rates Liberty....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RuinedGirl wrote: »
    Would be interesting to know why you think that, and which actresses you like :)

I think that because i dont really think she is as good as everybody makes out. she can act but i dont think she is anything extraordinary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vermeille wrote: »
    Probably rates Liberty....

Why would I rate Liberty? just because i dont think she is as fantastic as you, no need to be patronising :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I think she is the best actor in the hollyoaks cast but saying that there aren't many actual actors in the cast atm;)...Claire is very good though, think she is actually too good for soap, she's very real and would do well in good dramas and films.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Jacqui is a fantastic character and yes, I do think Claire Cooper is the best actress in soap.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She one of the best on the show for HO anyway and they not always know for the acting standards but she and a few others are fantastic.
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I've thought she was the best actress in Hollyoaks for a long time.
  • Options
    bexmil89bexmil89 Posts: 4,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's amazing. She made the death of Rhys, who became so unlikeable, very emotional and had me in floods of tears. She deserve an award from that episode performance
  • Options
    hammiehammie Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Claire Cooper is a brilliant actress Hollyoaks are really lucky to have her. Long may she continue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's really very good.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    IMO she is the best actress on HO, and is highly underrated in the midst of all soaps.
  • Options
    SophiaK70SophiaK70 Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    always been a big fan
  • Options
    rockchick22rockchick22 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I think she's great as Jacqui, it would be good to see her in something else.
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    I think she is the only reason that I am still watching

Same here, at times.

Her scenes in today's episode with Phoebe showed off her talent perfectly.

When Phoebe was accusing Jacqui of being just like her alcoholic mother you could visibly see the shame on Jacqui's face and the reality of her behaviour dawning on her.

That's all down to Claire Cooper's acting.

It's a shame that she will inevitably get outvoted at all the awards shows by the millions of Eastenders and Corrie fans.

But for any award where a panel decides they should be voting for her hands down if they know what they're doing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »
    Same here, at times.

Her scenes in today's episode with Phoebe showed off her talent perfectly.

When Phoebe was accusing Jacqui of being just like her alcoholic mother you could visibly see the shame on Jacqui's face and the reality of her behaviour dawning on her.

That's all down to Claire Cooper's acting.

It's a shame that she will inevitably get outvoted at all the awards shows by the millions of Eastenders and Corrie fans.

But for any award where a panel decides they should be voting for her hands down if they know what they're doing.

That was one of my favourite scenes, actually. After Phoebe made that comment, you could see Jacqui's face going from a look of realisation to a look of absolute shame.

It's a shame a lot of soap fans look down their nose at Hollyoaks and think it's inferior to Corrie/Eastenders, because it means actresses like Claire get overlooked at awards. I think if Claire had been cast in Coronation Street as the exact same character, she'd be picking up awards every year (Similar to Katherine Kelly picking up awards for her amazing portrayal of Becky.)