Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 44)

Comments

• Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    the snow is coming down here now, and looks like it will only get worse over the weekend, the BBC weather site cant make up its mind from one moment to the next. The papers have totally over hyped the situation as per usual.

Look for some interesting ratings.
    Peterborough's a little too far east to be majorly affected today. I thought that would be the case here too but we've had more than I expected. I don't think a lot has fallen mind you but it's certainly persistent and the composition is different to the wet snow we normally get. It's the proper powdery stuff and it's drifting as well. Traffic is moving very slowly through the town and a lot of schools closed early.

Looks like another big snow event is expected on Sunday, affecting central and eastern parts in the south:

http://cdn.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20130118/12/51/prectypeuktopo.png

But by Wednesday some milder conditions will be moving in from the west along with some rain to wash it all away:

http://cdn.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20130118/12/120/h850t850eu.png
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there is some snow in Peterborough, not a massive amount true, but it may not stay that way looking at the Sunday forecast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    there is a new episode of TBBT next week, but the week after that, new How I Met Your Mother takes over the slot, and repeats of this series of Big Bang airs at 8pm.
    I guess even repeats of TBBT will outrate new HIMYM and that's why they have them that way around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    I guess even repeats of TBBT will outrate new HIMYM and that's why they have them that way around.
    but why take off TBBT at all? find another slot for HIMYM.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scheduling update: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Law & Order: Criminal Intent return to C5 on Saturday 2nd February.

Season 5 of the superb Sons of Anarchy lands on Wednesday 6th February over on 5USA.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but why take off TBBT at all? find another slot for HIMYM.

How close are they to US transmission at the moment? Because CBS are taking 2 weeks off now, they'll probably run 4 (maybe 3) in February for Sweeps but then March and April will be quite sparse for new episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    How close are they to US transmission at the moment? Because CBS are taking 2 weeks off now, they'll probably run 4 (maybe 3) in February for Sweeps but then March and April will be quite sparse for new episodes.
    4 episodes behind, so E4 has a little breathing room.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Scheduling update: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Law & Order: Criminal Intent return to C5 on Saturday 2nd February.

Season 5 of the superb Sons of Anarchy lands on Wednesday 6th February over on 5USA.

No CSI NY? Maybe C5 think this is the final season so are holding it back along with CSI which won't be back until April or May,
  • Options
    F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the snow is coming down here now, and looks like it will only get worse over the weekend, the BBC weather site cant make up its mind from one moment to the next. The papers have totally over hyped the situation as per usual.

Look for some interesting ratings.

10m for splash? :D

It could certainly increase. It could be a catalyst for it to hit the big time.

Ken
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 episodes behind, so E4 has a little breathing room.

In that case they could keep going for a while then take a shorter break, I guess. Either way, they'd need to pause at some stage I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    No CSI NY? Maybe C5 think this is the final season so are holding it back along with CSI which won't be back until April or May,
    on that subject from CSI Files
    CSI Files has learned that Channel 5 has the show scheduled to return this spring (Season Twelve premiered March 13, 2012 as a comparison). Meanwhile, CSI: NY fans located in the UK will have to remain patient; though it remains tentative, NY will premiere its ninth season this autumn on Channel 5.

there are two things to consider here

1) yes this maybe CSIs final season, however I suspect it will end its run, on the bubble (again) aside from the 2nd episode) ratings are no different to last season.

2) the CSI / CSI NY crossover

sorry if that is considered a spoiler to anyone, but this season sees the two shows doing a crossover, so Channel 5 may look to air CSI NY closer to CSI, so they dont have to show the CSI NY crossover episode months before the rest of the series.

Certainly the Autumn scheduling hinted at, suggests C5 think its the final series, but even now I would not say with certainty with that is the case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F1Ken wrote: »
    10m for splash? :D

It could certainly increase. It could be a catalyst for it to hit the big time.

Ken
    in that case I will give up all hope for TV, and that ITV viewers can be redeemed.
    C14E wrote: »
    In that case they could keep going for a while then take a shorter break, I guess. Either way, they'd need to pause at some stage I think.
    I am sure E4 will run though the 10 episodes its already aired, and then try and find room on the schedule for both shows, however even if they have to air a repeat one week, taking TBBT off the air next week, seems crazy to me.

TBH I think British viewers will have to accept the odd repeat here and there, if they want show fast tracked from the states quicker.
  • Options
    F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in that case I will give up all hope for TV, and that ITV viewers can be redeemed.

Quite right. My Saturday night will be spent with a few beers a nice bottle of wine and SNOOKER!! It doesn't get any better than that! :D

Love it. :)

Ken
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    given that I will most likely not be going out tomorrow night, I will most likely spend tomorrow night, online, listening to 6 Music.
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fascinating discussion about snow depths in Peterborough.

And I get pulled up for discussing the aggregation of ratings....
  • Options
    CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on EE and CBB! Hoping for some high ratings tonight! Would love it if EE hit 9-10m and CBB got 3.5m+!
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Quite right too. The way you veer off topic with your agenda! :p

And in other news according to TV Scoops.

https://twitter.com/tvscoops/status/292342764602019840

"ITV has cancelled daytime drama 'Crime Stories' after just one series. The series officially averaged 1.1m/15%, slightly above slot average"
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member

I'm almost missing the +1 debate...
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at BARB, on the Snow Day in 2009, we had about a 12% uplift for soaps and ~25%/30% for other primetime shows versus the previous Monday.

With that in mind, versus last week, I predict:

BBC One
    19:00 - The One Show: 5.9m
    19:30 - BBC News Special: 4.1m
    20:00 - EastEnders: 9.1m
    20:30 - Room 101: 4.9m
    21:00 - Silent Witness: 6.9m

ITV1
    19:00 - Emmerdale: 8.2m
    19:30 - Coronation Street: 10.0m
    20:00 - Wild Britain with Ray Mears: 4.0m
    20:30 - Coronation Street: 9.9m
    21:00 - Great Night Out: 4.4m

Channel 5
    21:00 - Celebrity Big Brother: 2.7m

You heard it here first ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    I'm almost missing the +1 debate...
    my apologises, I had only meant to say that it was simply snowing where I was, so I predict some interesting ratings tonight. I didn't intend to start debate about the levels in any one location.

re: Crime Stories, no surprise there, despite watching the pilot, I didnt watch it on the telly.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Special programme on BBC1 at 7.30 pm on the snow with regional opt-outs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what effect the snow will have on Ice Road Truckers, will it do better or worse?
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    I wonder what effect the snow will have on Ice Road Truckers, will it do better or worse?

For some reason, this made me laugh. Thanks, I needed it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    For some reason, this made me laugh. Thanks, I needed it :D

ok fair enough, I could have worded that slightly better.
  • Options
    Jules 1Jules 1 Posts: 2,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »

Today's snow was originally going to centre on maybe the southern pennines/peak district, but then drifted to South Wales by the time it actually happened.

To be fair, it was always forecast to effect Southern parts the worst, hence Wales being in the Amber And Red Warning areas since yesterday.

Even on Wednesday, the Amber warning areas were in Wales.

Also a Net Weather user here. :p

Sorry for off topic. :o
This discussion has been closed.