DS The Strictly Dancefloor - Show 1

footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,171
Forum Member
Hello and welcome to the first show in the new series of Dancefloor. Last time Amy and Topaz shared the title so the battle is on to see who can succeed them as champion. 15 contestants have signed up and have been paired with professional dancers. They will begin their challenge for the glitterball with a waltz and a cha cha. The first round is spread over two days. The contestants will perform their waltz or cha cha today, they will be marked by our judges. These marks will then be added to their marks from the second show on Sunday to find out the judges leaderboard. The lines will then open on Sunday.

Since the launch show Val has chosen to withdraw.But I am pleased to say that Luke has also joined. As the songs had been sent to the judges for marking Luke also volunteered to use the same song that Val used for the waltz

Our judges are Ross, Nick, Amy and Jamie. Nick though is not able to mark in the first round so the marks will be out of 30.

So to open the show with a cha cha to Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke please welcome Tom and Karen Hardy

Comments

• pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Wooooo!
    Forum Member
    -comes out dressed as slice of toast-
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luke, taking on a big song there. :D

(plus, ANOTHER Facebook message for you Suzy :D lighter-hearted this time of course)
    Forum Member
    Luke's used to taking on big things #Lizzie
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,171
    Forum Member
    Ross 5
    Amy 5
    Jamie 6

Comment Amy - I can see where you were going with this, but this has been used quite a few times recently. I want to see more originality from you next time.

That gives Tom and Karen a score of 16/30

Performing the first waltz of the series to Tinie Tempah's Trampoline please welcome Connor and Lilia Kopylova
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TINIE FOR A WALTZ.

Very... elegant.
    Forum Member
    Oh trampoline, a favourite of mind for a waltz
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Luke's used to taking on big things #Lizzie

What are you saying about?!? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously regretting withdrawing - now things are off my chest and I've talked to people, I really shouldn't have done that. :p
    Forum Member
    Ross 2
    Amy 1
    Jamie 1

Comment Jamie - I'm sorry but this had absolutely no resemblance to a slow, elegant dance. Are you sure you didn't think this was for a Cha Cha Cha? Better luck next time

That gives Connor and Lilia a total of 4/30

Dancing the cha cha to Man I feel like a woman by Shania Twain please welcome to the floor Toni and Brendan Cole
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    The judges just couldn't see the hidden artistic brilliance in Connor's Waltz. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The judges just couldn't see the hidden artistic brilliance in Connor's Waltz. :(

Wait until yours! I've heard the Geisha costumes will make it more.... at home. ;)
    Forum Member
    Well done Connor! Fab dance, ooh Toni smart choice
    Forum Member
    Ross 4
    Amy 5
    Jamie 4

Comment Amy - I suppose this could work as a CCC for an older celeb, as it's a bit slow for my liking. I want to see you kick it up a notch next time though

That gives Toni and Brendan a score of 13/30

Dancing the waltz to Kentish Town Waltz by Imelda May please welcome James and Katya Virshilas to the floor
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    Ross 2
    Amy 1
    Jamie 1

Comment Jamie - I'm sorry but this had absolutely no resemblance to a slow, elegant dance. Are you sure you didn't think this was for a Cha Cha Cha? Better luck next time

That gives Connor and Lilia a total of 4/30

Dancing the cha cha to Man I feel like a woman by Shania Twain please welcome to the floor Toni and Brendan Cole

Oh dear. Well...some do love a bit of originality.
    Forum Member
    Ross 5
    Amy 6
    Jamie 6

Comment Ross - The best waltz of the night, but I wouldn't say it was a compliment

And that gives James and Katya a score of 17/30 for the waltz

Dancing the cha cha to Streets of Gold by Ruth Pointer (from "Oliver and Company") please welcome Danny and Flavia Cacace
    Forum Member
    Ross 6
    Amy 7
    Jamie 7

Comment Jamie - For me, that was the best dance of the night. It was original, funky and a great song for a Cha Cha Cha. A very well done.

And that gives Danny and Flavia a score of 20/40 for the cha cha

With their waltz to Steel Panther's Asian Hooker please welcome Luke and Karen Hauer
    Forum Member
    Ross 4
    Amy 5
    Jamie 4

Comment Amy - I suppose this could work as a CCC for an older celeb, as it's a bit slow for my liking. I want to see you kick it up a notch next time though

That gives Toni and Brendan a score of 13/30

Dancing the waltz to Kentish Town Waltz by Imelda May please welcome James and Katya Virshilas to the floor
    Oh well done Toni! Sounds lush Danny
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With their waltz to Steel Panther's Asian Hooker

Chosen by moi. ;)
    Forum Member
    Er... thank you, dondfan998.

I can't wait for this. :eek:
    Forum Member
    Ross 6
    Amy 7
    Jamie 7

Comment Jamie - For me, that was the best dance of the night. It was original, funky and a great song for a Cha Cha Cha. A very well done.

And that gives Danny and Flavia a score of 20/40 for the cha cha

With their waltz to Steel Panther's Asian Hooker please welcome Luke and Karen Hauer

Sounds sexy Luke
    Forum Member
    Ross 1
    Amy 1
    Jamie 1

Comment Ross - *speechless*

And that waltz gives Luke and Karen a score of 3/30 for the waltz

Performing the cha cha to Eliza by Jackson Jackson welcome to the floor Jack and Nicole Cutler
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What? :eek:

Luke deserved 10's for that. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I was gonna get 3/30? WHY DID I RESIGN.
    Forum Member
    Ross 1
    Amy 1
    Jamie 1

Bit generous