Options

Now 90

Comments

• Options
    MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am shocked that "Go All Night" only lasted a week in the top 40, despite strong AirPlay from Capital and BBC Radio 1. I also agree about the streaming. It needs to be removed from the singles chart

Yeah was very surprised that "Go All Night" only made #14 (the fact that it only lasted a week in the top 40 is just ridiculous), as it has received strong airplay and is always on the likes of 4Music. IMO it is Gorgon City's best track and deserved at least a top 5 placing (although admittedly releasing it in the run-up to Christmas was a mistake). I recall "Spotlight" by Jennifer Hudson also got strong support from radio stations (still does) and yet it only peaked at #11 in 2008.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,634
    Forum Member
    It would be nice if the CD edition makes it but its another 3 years away and will the CD format last until then. Maybe so with the likes of compilation CD's with the sales Now gets

Now albums will always get released on CD.

Now 89 has nearly sold 1 million copies in the UK. I can't say for sure what percentage of those sales were bought on iTunes but I'd guess it's only a relatively small figure. The vast majority of its sales would be the CD format.
  • Options
    dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOW 89 is still currently on the top charts on iTunes even after been released nearly 2 months ago so I don't see why they won't make it to 100.
  • Options
    zippydoodahzippydoodah Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    Now albums will always get released on CD.

I wouldn't say always :)

Now on Vinyl lasted until Now 35 (Autumn 1996)
    Now on Cassette lasted until Now 64 (July 2006)
    Now on Mini Discs lasted from Now 43 to Now 48 (Spring 2001)

Whilst there's life in CD's and even more of a shelf life with a Now CD due to it's popularity. I wonder if it will make Now 100 on CD. More than likely but will CD's be a dying brand by then. Supermarkets don't seem to push them as much as they use to.
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    If you think they're unimaginative now, go and compare the covers for 48 and 50, both of which were released in 2001.

At least they were different colours!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that sales of digital albums fell more quickly than CD albums in 2014. CDs aren't dead yet. The Nows still sell hundreds of thousands of copies on CD with each release. They're the sort of thing that's nice to put on in the car and casual music fans buy them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    At least they were different colours!

Here we go
    http://www.nowmusic.com/release-year/2001/

Now 48 doesn't look too bad but it's the horrible colours for Now 50 that I don't like and especially for the 50th, tsk tsk them! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like Now 50. I reckon they must've done some research into which colours sell the most, and that's why the recycle the same 3 colour schemes over and over. They'd never do purple and green again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wished they got a bit more braver and try a radically new cover like Now 86 (Christmas 2013) was. For like 10 years now, its been the same idea each one just with different themes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see Now 90 artwork as I liked Now 75 in Easter 2010 as the writing was in a golden colour and I also liked 84 with the bunnies and Now 87 with the eggs which was quite colourful.
  • Options
    hadjilouca05hadjilouca05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    This years chart is by far the slowest ever so I reckon a lot of songs on NOW 90 will be flops
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot wait to see Now release the Now 90 artwork sometime this week on their facebook and Twitter pages.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why Now 90 artwork hasn't been revealed yet on Twitter they said they were looking at the Now 90 artwork and they said it on 27/01/2015 on their tweets, This time last year Now 87 was already revealed I wonder why they haven't revealed it yet if they finished it at the End of January.
  • Options
    smartie3smartie3 Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    dale0693 wrote: »
    I wonder why Now 90 artwork hasn't been revealed yet on Twitter they said they were looking at the Now 90 artwork and they said it on 27/01/2015 on their tweets, This time last year Now 87 was already revealed I wonder why they haven't revealed it yet if they finished it at the End of January.

They posted on Facebook that the artwork will be revealed in 4 days :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smartie3 wrote: »
    They posted on Facebook that the artwork will be revealed in 4 days :)

• Options
    AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the Top 40 having slowed down thanks to the inclusion of streaming views & as a result most of the songs from NOW 89 are still clogging up the charts, the compiler/s may struggle to find 40 fresh hits to feature on NOW 90 in time for early April.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Just as long as we don't go the same route as America (where they have just one CD and the last few are "What's coming next" - basically up-and-coming acts - or, in the case of their Now 50, an extra CD of tracks from previously-released albums), then I'm not really fussed what they do. (I have them all from 15, so it's not like I'm going to stop collecting them now, particularly this close to 100.)
  • Options
    FoamFoam Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/NOW-Thats-What-Call-Music/dp/B00TILNZFY/ref=sr_1_5?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1423866940&sr=1-5&keywords=Now+90

Well here it is. I must say I think it's one of the best covers in years, not a very original idea but it just works.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the Now 90 cover
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With the Top 40 having slowed down thanks to the inclusion of streaming views & as a result most of the songs from NOW 89 are still clogging up the charts, the compiler/s may struggle to find 40 fresh hits to feature on NOW 90 in time for early April.
    There's even songs from NOW 87 & NOW 88 still clogging up the charts. Besides, seeing as there's not a lot of top 10 hits at the moment, there'll be quite a lot of top 20/top 30 hits. In the meantime, I've done a track list prediction for NOW 90 below:

CD 1
    1. Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars - "Uptown Funk"
    2. Ellie Goulding - "Love Me Like You Do"
    3. Ed Sheeran - "Thinking Out Loud"
    4. Take That - "These Days"
    5. Rihanna, Kanye West & Paul McCartney - "FourFiveSeconds"
    6. Olly Murs featuring Demi Lovato "Up"
    7. Sam Smith - "Lay Me Down"
    8. One Direction - "Night Changes"
    9. Maroon 5 - "Sugar"
    10. Cheryl Cole - "Only Human"
    11. Meghan Trainor - "Lips Are Movin"
    12. Fergie - "L.A. Love (La La)"
    13. Charli XCX featuring Rita Ora - "Doing It"
    14. Chris Brown & Tyga - "Ayo"
    15. Ne-Yo - "Coming With You"
    16. The Weeknd - "Earned It"
    17. Sia - "Elastic Heart"
    18. James Bay - "Hold Back The River"
    19. Echosmith - "Cool Kids"
    20. Madonna - "Living For Love"
    21. Kelly Clarkson - "Heartbeat Song"
    22. Nick Jonas - "Jealous"
    23. Ben Haenow - "Something I Need"

CD 2
    1. Cheryl Cole - "I Don't Care"
    2. Years & Years - "King"
    3. Philip George - "Wish You Were Mine"
    4. Sigma featuring Labrinth - "Higher"
    5. DJ Fresh featuring Ella Eyre - "Gravity"
    6. Calvin Harris featuring Ellie Goulding - "Outside"
    7. David Guetta featuring Sam Martin - "Dangerous"
    8. Avicii - "The Nights"
    9. Alesso featuring Tove Lo - "Heroes (We Could Be)"
    10. Axwell & Ingrosso - "Something New"
    11. Oliver Heldens featuring KStewart - "Last All Night (Koala)"
    12. Blonde featuring Melissa Steel - "I Loved You"
    13. Sam Smith - "Like I Can"
    14. Alex Adair - "Make Me Feel Better"
    15. Marlon Roudette - "When The Beat Drops Out"
    16. Karen Harding - "Say Something"
    17. Mike Mago & Dragonette - "Outlines"
    18. Flo Rida featuring Sage The Gemini - "G.D.F.R"
    19. Usher featuring Juicy J - "I Don't Mind"
    20. Jess Glynne - "Hold My Hand"
    21. Labrinth - "Jealous"
    22. Wretch 32 - "6 Words"
    23. Tchami featuring Kaleem Taylor - "Promesses"
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ That's definitely incorrect - Madonna will never be on a Now CD. (This is a grudge that goes back to the days of "Now 5" kept "Like A Virgin" off the No1 spot.)
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    ^ That's definitely incorrect - Madonna will never be on a Now CD. (This is a grudge that goes back to the days of "Now 5" kept "Like A Virgin" off the No1 spot.)

I know that's the story they keep pedelling, but I think it's mainly to do with the fact she was on Warners and Warners artists very rarely appeared on Now CDs. I'm quite hopeful she might make her first appearance with Living For Love! I believe Hung Up is the first M song to ever feature on a Now when it appeared on 'Now 00's'. She's had a couple of other features since then too I believe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's not with Warner anymore. She's now with RCA. If Madonna will never be on a NOW album, she wouldn't have been appearing on any of the spin-offs
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole thing around Madonna not appearing on Now albums is apocryphal. It's just always been around what label rights have been easier/least expensive for Now to acquire.

Back in the day Madonna appeared regularly on the Hits series - there's never been a veto on her appearing on UK compilations.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any news on the track-list yet