John Prescott - A National Joke.

2»

Comments

• skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No disrespect to people with eating disorders.

But is Prescott an amnesiac bulimic, he does the eating but forgets to vomit ?
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flimbo wrote: »
    Jesus, this is a pretty nasty thread, evidently populated with some pretty unpleasant people. Usually if somebody claims to have suffered from a mental illness, I tend to believe them (or at least give them the benefit of the doubt), rather than making childish, obnoxious comments.

I agree, a lot of people are using his illness to poke fun at him, disgusting.
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When i heard this i thought it was april fools day again:confused::)
  • planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So he didn't tell his wife he had a eating disorder....

He didn't tell his wife he was shagging his secretary either :rolleyes:
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AZZURRI 06 wrote: »
    I agree, a lot of people are using his illness to poke fun at him, disgusting.

People poking fun at politicians? Surely not. Especially not someone as devoted to his wife (and apparently also his staff) as Mr Prescott, and such a fine supporter of the British motor industry too.
  • Marmite BabyMarmite Baby Posts: 3,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally, I would sympathise with someone suffering from this condition especially as a relative of mine has had it. However, it is John Prescott. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,658
    Forum Member
    Why do so many people in the public eye feel the need to share every private detail about their lives with us? Have some dignity for god's sake, we don't need to know. This applies to you too, Jordan.

(Of course I know the real answer to this is because they have something to promote and make loads of cash out of it - which just makes it all the more manipulative and unsavoury).
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More lurid revelations that we did not need to hear from Two Jags.

If this is a belated attempt to win favour from the public then he is going to be very much mistaken.

Oh, and he has a book to flog. Now there's a surprise.
  • pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Note to celebs: please only tell us about your illness if it's a "good" illness that everyone knows isn't your fault, like cancer. If you're telling us about any other illness, especially a mental illness, you must be lying, self-promoting and a fair target for insults.

I mean, I'm usually one of the people who's most cynical about news stories, but there's no need to be a ****** about it :rolleyes: Not to get too do-goodery, but if someone with bulimia read this thread, how do you think it would make them feel?
  • planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    More lurid revelations that we did not need to hear from Two Jags.

If this is a belated attempt to win favour from the public then he is going to be very much mistaken.

Oh, and he has a book to flog. Now there's a surprise.

You couldn't buy the wall-to-wall TV publicity he got for free yesterday...bloated sponger
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps he could had admitted to this while he was in office..
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    People poking fun at politicians? Surely not. Especially not someone as devoted to his wife (and apparently also his staff) as Mr Prescott, and such a fine supporter of the British motor industry too.

I am all for politicians being ridiculed and exposed, but there is nothing funny about an illness. Even if he is possibly the last person you would expect to suffer from that particular one.
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    He's done real bulemics no favours. How would you feel about having anything at all in common with Jabba the Hutt? I too doubt the truth of this, he seems a man with healthy appetites in all directions to me. I'm sure all of us can find sympathy and understanding for less fortunate people, but this guy has had the lot, nose in government trough for years, got pretty wealthy on it, taken advantage of his staff, and must surely be the only politician to hold office after publically assaulting someone. The man seemed bulletproof in office, what did he have on Tony, and is it in his book?
  • Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    erazertf wrote: »
    Perhaps he could had admitted to this while he was in office..

Too busy, what with the croquet and the extra marital shafting.

What ho !