You'll like this, but not a lot. Paul Daniels & Ola Jordan!

2»

Comments

• Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    From what we have seen so far, Gavin will have to work hard to be better than Paul. The Waltz should be an advantage for Gavin, but he's not making it look that way.

The press photos look like they are having fun, and if that continues, Paul may surprise some people - not a lot - but in a good way.

Let's hope so! Paul tweeted that training didn't go well today and he felt sorry for Ola, but hopefully it was just a bad day. She doesnt seem to be worrying too much anyway. :)

And they have the Foxtrot for week 2, which I think Paul could be fairly good at, it's quite slow and he could well be familiar with it, or at least with the basic feel of the dance. And of course Ola choreographed a fabulous foxtrot last year :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul and Ola are dancing the cha cha tonight, hopefully the judges aren't going to be too horrible! :eek:
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore the silly judge that gave you only a 2.

Your footwork was good, Paul, and you looked as if you were enjoying yourself. So well done, to you and to Ola.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was such a good effort! Ola looked absolutely stunning and danced brilliantly. Paul was on time, which is more than others were, so he should have scored at least 1 more mark from Craig! For someone who never used to listen to music, he danced on time, he put in a lot of effort and at least tried to enjoy it!!

Very clever choreography as usual from Ola, she really is such an astute choreographer :)

And I loved how she told Paul just to ignore Craig :p She was on very good form tonight!
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the way Paul wasn't phased by performing, and have to admit, I thought the way he danced was very funny, in the same way Bruno said.
    Very casual at times and he did throw in the occasional bit of dancing.

Good routine by Ola gave him a chance and had more Cha Cha steps than Goldie's (and maybe Felicity's).

If Paul stays in long enough, I think Ola can make him a dancer - he looks like he can pick it up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Fab coreography from Ola, she's so clever, & loved her song choice - can't beat a bit of Take That! :D Paul was much better than I thought he'd be, just shows what Ola can do! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Ola can make him into a dancer. He has not, as far as I know, danced before, and I would really like to see him doing a ballroom dance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Paul was on ITT yesterday. He did crack a kind of joke which made me smile, but he's a bit deadpan and almost out of sync with everybody else. And I'm not talking about his dancing! Better enjoy these two while we can...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lynxmale wrote: »
    Paul was on ITT yesterday. He did crack a kind of joke which made me smile, but he's a bit deadpan and almost out of sync with everybody else. And I'm not talking about his dancing! Better enjoy these two while we can...

Yeah, I think he's not really endearing himself to many people atm, and it's a pity because Ola is such a sweetheart!

They did make me laugh on ITT, especially the VT which showed him being childish and Ola cracking the whip a little bit. I just hope he really does try to do a good foxtrot, Ola doesn't deserve to go out first (although I don't think they will do)!
    Forum Member
    I saw the way he was "psychologized" by the dance professor on ITT the other night. He called Ola's relationship with him "nurturing". I think this means a nagging mother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the way he was "psychologized" by the dance professor on ITT the other night. He called Ola's relationship with him "nurturing". I think this means a nagging mother.

This is an appreciation thread, so if you mean 'nagging mother' as an insult to Ola, this is not the place for that.

I think nuturing is spot on actually, she has to be tough to a degree to impress on Paul the work he has to do, but Ola's very good at getting the best out of her partners through clever choreography, a bit of tough love and creating a great rapport with them, which is why she won last year :)
  • fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched Paul's dance quite a few times - I Sky Plussed and tend to watch Matt, Pamela and Paul. I love Could it be Magic and thought that the singer did well too.

Anyway I thought Paul was brilliant. He seems very fit and trim for his age - or any age. And he has rhythm. Ola's choreography was fantastic. Well done to both of them.
  • fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I particularly like the bit when he waves at someone in the crowd (Debbie presumably).
    Forum Member
    I was just about agog at the head flicks Ola choreographed. We all remember how Spoony went out. I wondered if she was trying to get shot of him. Still, it was obvious that the show have arranged to feed him some lines so he could get some humour in which half worked. With that score it's going to be quite close, but here's hoping...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Ola's choreography was very clever, as always! And she looked incredible (even if it's a dress design she's worn before, wardrobe clearly running out of imagination :rolleyes: ) and seemed to be having fun. Her reaction to Bruce's unfunny joke was just hilarious, she has a great sense of humour :D
    Forum Member
    Wow, you remember she wore the dress before? I'm going to have to rack my brains. I tend to notice the costumes she doesn't really wear...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, you remember she wore the dress before? I'm going to have to rack my brains. I tend to notice the costumes she doesn't really wear...

She had exactly the same design of dress in gold for the American Smooth last year, which she then used for the Foxtrot on the celeb tour :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do hope they are here next week.
  • XioXio Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Paul really isn't bad for a man of his age. I quite like him too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul and Ola are on ITT tomorrow, and Ola's confirmed they're dancing the rumba this week :)
    Forum Member
    earth calling Paul... where are you Paul... not on ITT that's fer sure
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    earth calling Paul... where are you Paul... not on ITT that's fer sure

Yeah, he didn't give a reason why, just 'change of plans' .... but seeing as it meant we got a few minutes of just Ola talking and some real insight into their training from her, I'm not complaining!

They're both on Alan Titchmarsh's show at 5pm today.
    Forum Member
    Did anyone see him? On the ITV player it's got Tina O'Brien listed and doesn't say anything about Paul... though I thought she was infectious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone see him? On the ITV player it's got Tina O'Brien listed and doesn't say anything about Paul... though I thought she was infectious.

On Alan Titchmarsh? Yes, they were there, Ola looked lovely and it was a nice interview with her. Paul didn't really say that much, or at least nothing particularly interesting, and made a couple of bad jokes which Ola quickly told him off for!