In it to win It

standastanda Posts: 188
Forum Member
I was at a recording of an episode of new series of In it to Win it tonight.

Dale Winton is sporting a beard at present.

The episode recorded prior to the one I saw overran- apparently the contestants kept getting the answers wrong.

The recording finally got underway at around quarter to eleven tonight,

One contestant in particular was excellent so the recording was slick and there weren't many breaks.

The one thing to look out for is the red area- when I sat down it wasn't there!!

When Dale appears at the back middle of the set and gives his opening speil, after that there is a break in recording and then it gets wheeled on and placed there.

When you are watching the shows it magically appears and disappears again at the end!!

Comments

• RadioKnowerRadioKnower Posts: 2,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This should probably be in Showbiz because the Dale Winton having a beard story is about the only interesting thing. If everyone who went to see TV's being recorded made a post like yours about it, we'd never be able to find anything on here.

Anyway, I thought Nell McAndew was Dale's beard? ;)
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Dale still smoking 40 **** a day ?
    I think a thread for people who have been to TV show recordings would be excellent, at least it would warn us about upcoming rubbish.I once went to the recording of a quiz show pilot hosted by Carol Vorderman and it was stop-start all the time with the person asking the questions making mistakes. I don't think the show ever saw the light of day. Why is it all these problems seem to occur on recordings but not live shows ?
  • standastanda Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    This should probably be in Showbiz because the Dale Winton having a beard story is about the only interesting thing. If everyone who went to see TV's being recorded made a post like yours about it, we'd never be able to find anything on here.

Anyway, I thought Nell McAndew was Dale's beard? ;)

I posted because I thought those who enjoy the quiz would be interested on the fact it's coming back.

And some may be interested in how things work.

It'll be interesting to hear how the audience sound on the broadcast as there ended up being only around 30 of us.

When it was announced that the previous episode was overrunning and we wouldn't get into the studio until after half ten, around 100 ticket holders left.

There's space for around 130 audience members.

And forget the glamour of TV- there was no heating in the studio- bloody freezing!!!
  • chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    standa wrote: »
    I posted because I thought those who enjoy the quiz would be interested on the fact it's coming back.

And some may be interested in how things work.

It'll be interesting to hear how the audience sound on the broadcast as there ended up being only around 30 of us.

When it was announced that the previous episode was overrunning and we wouldn't get into the studio until after half ten, around 100 ticket holders left.

There's space for around 130 audience members.

And forget the glamour of TV- there was no heating in the studio- bloody freezing!!!

Where is this recorded now that the Shepherds Bush studios are closed ?
    Forum Member
    It's recorded at Bbc Scotland in Glasgow.

The Nick Knowles lottery programme is being recorded there too in early December
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought as much, recorded a few quiz shows in my time at White City, very sad its closed to be honest, had two auditions over the years for IITWI but its one of those quizzes that it seems I am not what they are looking for.
    Forum Member
    chaz rich wrote: »
    Thought as much, recorded a few quiz shows in my time at White City, very sad its closed to be honest, had two auditions over the years for IITWI but its one of those quizzes that it seems I am not what they are looking for.

Makes you wonder what they are looking for as the contestants last night were ordinary members of the public- nobody was a character as such
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's recorded at Bbc Scotland in Glasgow.

The Nick Knowles lottery programme is being recorded there too in early December

BBC Scotland is responsible for the lottery-related quiz shows as part of the BBC's distribution of programmes to the regions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes you wonder what they are looking for as the contestants last night were ordinary members of the public- nobody was a character as such

There have been some very odd types over the years on this show but I have to say it has stood the test of time as far as lottery show goes, I think the good thing is they do not flog it to death like some quiz shows, your have about ten programmes of IITWI & then you wont see it again for nine months.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is because Dale prefers to have the air conditioning at full blast.
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea when the new series starts on BBC1.
    Forum Member
    Tiwttmos wrote: »

They didn't say
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiwttmos wrote: »

Either January or March 2014.