Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 2 (US-Pace)

Comments

• TorquarTorquar Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I keep forgetting, but who are the major players in this universe? You've got us, obviously, then the Kree, the Skrull and the Chitauri? Are there any other species out there that'll intertwined with the show/universe?

Maybe the Shi'Ar.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Don't you mean Mockingbird? :confused:

Or has Disney also bought The Hunger Games? ;)
    Hah, yeah, Mockingbird. Whoops! :p
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think there's much chance of her turning. She's a true Shield Agent, and eventually [apparently] evolves (for lack of a better word) into Mockingjay.

Maybe so. But it doesn't have to be a straight route of progression. She can go bad (back to dark), then get her redemption at a later point.
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holy S**t! :o
  • treasurehuntertreasurehunter Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Aaaaaah!! We have to wait until March to find out what happens next.
    Forum Member
    Apparently there are multiple Obelisks around the globe (though they appear to self destruct once in the temple). Shame about Trip, though I figure they had to do that to someone, and I wasn't convinced that Mack had met his demise; he's going to make a full recovery, I'm sure.

Those that theorized about Skye>Daisy - credit to you. Who is Raina though?
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently there are multiple Obelisks around the globe (though they appear to self destruct once in the temple). Shame about Trip, though I figure they had to do that to someone, and I wasn't convinced that Mack had met his demise; he's going to make a full recovery, I'm sure.

There is a Raina in the Savage Lands in Marvel who is Saurian (lizard) looks like her.

How much better is AOS this season..it's been hugely entertaining and much more Marvel than previously....thought Skye has developed into a great character..loved the shooting of Ward with no fuss or bother. Mr Hyde was great as well.

Show is firing on all cylinders now !!
  • marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the last two at the same time.
    Enjoyed most of it.
    Ward is still messed up in the head and Skye showed him the first chance she got by shooting him. And now he's gone with agent 33!
    So happy it's just mid-season; had it been season finale with a to be continued, i would have been very disappointed. The last few minutes were just a light show explaining nothing. We already knew Skye/Daisy and Rayna were special. Didn't see much of the city, just dark corridors.
    Still a great cliffhanger.
    And now for the 8 episodes mini-series Agent Carter. Hope to see you all on this thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the last two at the same time.
    Enjoyed most of it.
    Ward is still messed up in the head and Skye showed him the first chance she got by shooting him. And now he's gone with agent 33!
    So happy it's just mid-season; had it been season finale with a to be continued, i would have been very disappointed. The last few minutes were just a light show explaining nothing. We already knew Skye/Daisy and Rayna were special. Didn't see much of the city, just dark corridors.
    Still a great cliffhanger.
    And now for the 8 episodes mini-series Agent Carter. Hope to see you all on this thread.

Well in the last few minutes in addition to her dad Mr Hyde, confirming her name was Daisy, we saw Skye using her Quake powers so we got confirmation that she's the Daisy Johnson of the books and her dad is one of Thors longstanding foes.

Still not sure about Raina.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good episode though Whitehall and his Hydra Team were taken out far too easily.

Poor Tripp, I did say another team member would die before the end of the season though it looks like Mack might end up being ok so I'm guessing we'll still lose another in the 2nd half of the season.

I'm thinking Tripp's fate was sealed once the temple was sealed. Even if he hadn't been hit with some Diviner shrapnel just being exposed to the open Diviner would probably have killed him anyway.

So the Eyeless guy at the end, a character from the comics or someone new?
    Forum Member
    eggshell wrote: »
    There is a Raina in the Savage Lands in Marvel who is Saurian (lizard) looks like her.
    I was under the impression that all of these people were actual people, just with abilities (after touching the Obliesk). That being the cause, Raina wouldn't be a Saurian - unless her ability is to turn into a lizard.
    Well in the last few minutes in addition to her dad Mr Hyde, confirming her name was Daisy, we saw Skye using her Quake powers so we got confirmation that she's the Daisy Johnson of the books and her dad is one of Thors longstanding foes.
    See, I can't see that. All throughout the episode he was saying how he was going to rip Hyrda apart (that one dude especially) yet when it came to fighting Coulson, he had the upper hand sure, but for someone (or something?) that's suppose to be that strong, and that capable, it would appear that he isn't all that, else Coulson wouldn't be with us any longer.
    Corwin wrote: »
    So the Eyeless guy at the end, a character from the comics or someone new?
    I have no idea. Sure didn't see him coming. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

See, I can't see that. All throughout the episode he was saying how he was going to rip Hyrda apart (that one dude especially) yet when it came to fighting Coulson, he had the upper hand sure, but for someone (or something?) that's suppose to be that strong, and that capable, it would appear that he isn't all that, else Coulson wouldn't be with us any longer.

Oh even in the original comics Hyde against Thor was a stupid mismatch..he made a better Daredevil villain IIRC. He's not that super....or rather his strength seems to fluctuate depending on who is fighting.

Not sure whether he needs to transform to be super strong or whether Coulsons training helped him survive longer, but you're right, Coulson shouldn't have survived based on what we've seen of Hydes killing spree on the show to date.

But then he would have been dead if not for Skye.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Isn't that just a common trope, though?

He was a super-strong psycho badass when going up against other people, yet when facing Coulson he seemed de-powered so the hero wouldn't die.

I did read somewhere that he has been confirmed as Mr Hyde.

As for Sky... definitely confirmed as Daisy:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agents-shield-skye-inhuman-reveal-755594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About Mr.Hyde's strength, according to The official handbook of the Marvel universe:

Mr.Hyde possesses superhuman strength, enabling him to lift (press) approximately 50 tons under optimal conditions.
    Besides possessing superhuman strength, Mr.Hyde's body possesses exceptional recuperative powers and endurance. He is physically very tough, resistant to injury, and oblivious to extraordinary amounts of pain.

So, judging by his fight with Coulson, either it's not Mr.Hyde; i didn't see any confirmation but it seems to be going that way.
    Either he is still Calvin Zabo, which would be weird.
    Either, like the original novel, he has to take a potion to become Hyde, but that's not how he is in the comics.
    Or either, the producers have rewritten the character the way they like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About Mr.Hyde's strength, according to The official handbook of the Marvel universe:

Mr.Hyde possesses superhuman strength, enabling him to lift (press) approximately 50 tons under optimal conditions.
    Besides possessing superhuman strength, Mr.Hyde's body possesses exceptional recuperative powers and endurance. He is physically very tough, resistant to injury, and oblivious to extraordinary amounts of pain.

So, judging by his fight with Coulson, either it's not Mr.Hyde; i didn't see any confirmation but it seems to be going that way.
    Either he is still Calvin Zabo, which would be weird.
    Either, like the original novel, he has to take a potion to become Hyde, but that's not how he is in the comics.
    Or either, the producers have rewritten the character the way they like.

Well hopefully he'll be back so we find out a bit more.

Great character.
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well hopefully he'll be back so we find out a bit more.

Great character.

I agree, but; he does run like he's shit his pants.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, the official confirmation that Skye = Daisy is effectively also confirmation that her father is Calvin Zabo / Mr Hyde, given that Zabo is Daisy's father in the comics. Add to that that he's a doctor with super-strength...

EDIT:

Ah, and official confirmation of Hyde too:

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23795/debriefing_the_marvels_agents_of_shield_winter_finale

As for Coulson surviving... Just a trope, I think, as said before. Heroes often survive things that would kill others, villains often suddenly seem underpowered when up against heroes instead of disposable characters, etc. etc.

Plus, of course, this is not 100% true to the comics anyway, with everything having its own spin.
    Forum Member
    In the episode, he did say to Skye that his name was Cal (therefore presumably short for Calvin). In this instance, I would ignore who Mr. Hyde is in the comics as they've obviously changed the character for AoS.
    Forum Member
    I was under the impression that all of these people were actual people, just with abilities (after touching the Obliesk). That being the cause, Raina wouldn't be a Saurian - unless her ability is to turn into a lizard.

The original Inhumans were normal humans who were genetically experimented on by the Kree. The crystals inside the obelisk were Terrigen Crystals, which produce Terrigen Mist. The Mist alters the biology of Inhumans resulting in either physical mutations or super powers. Skye and Raina are descendents of the Inhuman race.
  • MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought Raina was growing hairs a la Beast. So, I thought of Catseye.

No one's mentioned Ward getting his baptism of fire to plausibly become Task Master and his pupil who could become Madame Masque.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    As for Coulson surviving... Just a trope, I think, as said before. Heroes often survive things that would kill others, villains often suddenly seem underpowered when up against heroes instead of disposable characters, etc. etc.

Plus, of course, this is not 100% true to the comics anyway, with everything having its own spin.

To be fair to Coulson, the guy does have some bad-ass moves. We just haven't seen it so far in the TV series with the focus on May and Ward doing most of the fighting. The one-shot " On the way to Thor's hammer " shows how capable he can be. For instance that wrestling move where he climbs and wraps his legs around the doc's neck to bring him down. Normally, an opponent would stay down after that but did you see how the doc immediately got up and lifted Coulson ( with legs still wrapped around his neck ) clear off the ground? That requires some strength ! And he's not built like an ox ( like Mack is ) either. So I thought the doctor had the upper hand throughout. The only reason he didn't finish it off sooner IMO is because he's not a trained fighter like an agent. So instead of doing a quick neck twist when Coulson was down, he proceeded to punch the guy into a pulp. And as we know, only Skye's intervention saved the day.

But I agree that they don't usually follow the comics 100%. In the MCU, they've kept it reasonably grounded, so I would guess even Cap is underpowered in comparison to his comic character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another good one.

A severe blow to Hydra.

What was that at the end between Bobbie and Mack?..please no!!
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL another good one?

Yawn fest 2000.

"They'll never take us alive" thankfully that was meant to be tongue in cheek anyway.

Too much talky talky and navel gazing.

And Raina turns in to a Porcupine. rolleyes

Oh come on, surely SHIELD is used to people being different by now? Re Skye.

As Skye said at the end.

"We're going to laugh a lot less, that's for sure"

Truer words never spoken.
    Forum Member
    What was that at the end between Bobbie and Mack?
    I don't know what it is exactly, but I don't think its bad. Bobbie is to become Mockingbird or someone (at least, in the comics she is); and that character eventually joins the Avengers, so chances of her working for Hydra or something are unlikely. What's more likely is that they're looking for something; something to do with a previous mission of theirs most likely?
    Oh come on, surely SHIELD is used to people being different by now? Re Skye.
    Shield is used to people being different for sure (re Hulk, Rogers, Thor etc) however this group has just had a really bad loss, and they're all in an emotional state right now. Their feelings are no doubt mixed. It was right what Fitz did, his brain may still be scrambled somewhat, but what he did was true and honest; he knows the rest of the team aren't ready for Skye's reveal.

I thought it was a good welcome back episode. We'll no doubt be seeing more of Skye's mother too (in flashback fashion though).
  • scardisscardis Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    And we still don't know where we are going with Ward.