Options

Sexualisation and Objectification of......men!!

Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
Forum Member
✭✭
Given the recent furore over page 3, what do people make of the current gender bender advert for MoneySupermarket?

Why is the bloke strutting along in stilletoes dressed in a pair of hot pants which are way too tight and 'twerking' his arse? :confused:

Surely this should be banned as 'damaging' to children 'sexualising' and 'objectifying' the male? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It should be banned for allowing Sharon Osborne in it.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No doubt some busy body will complain about it
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    Is it me or are the people making the "furore" over this page 3 thing clutching at straws a bit?
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have thought the lack of lobby groups protesting about male objectification might have something to do with it.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    What's too tight about it? Most men wore tight jeans in the 70s & early 80s.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel all left out today, what with not giving a shit or anything.

That's not a dig at you OP. I get your point. It's just tedious that this has to be "discussed" IMO.

...yet here I am discussing it.

Pffft.
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see sexualization or objectification. I do see that a man being feminized is still supposed to be really funny though.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    I never got the whole 'objectifying' thing. I've always found most women sexier than inanimate objects.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    Is it me or are the people making the "furore" over this page 3 thing clutching at straws a bit?

It's you.
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexualisation of men? Honestly most men can't wait to get pissed and pull a moonie and nobody was asking them to.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    Sexualisation of men? Honestly most men can't wait to get pissed and pull a moonie and nobody was asking them to.

Sounds like most lasses round here too tbh :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    I'd have thought the lack of lobby groups protesting about male objectification might have something to do with it.
    True.....maybe ought to start a DadsNet! :D
  • Options
    davzerdavzer Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats radical feminism for you!
  • Options
    davzerdavzer Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »

There are a few but the MSM tend to follow the conventional wisdom that all men are privilged and benefit from the patriarchy blah blah etc etc so they are rarely considered.

The only time I see any mention is when you get feminist Guardian journos looking to shut them down for being misogynist!
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Given the recent furore over page 3, what do people make of the current gender bender advert for MoneySupermarket?

Why is the bloke strutting along in stilletoes dressed in a pair of hot pants which are way too tight and 'twerking' his arse? :confused:

Surely this should be banned as 'damaging' to children 'sexualising' and 'objectifying' the male? :confused:

:D Seems to me that's grotesque than sexualised. Like drag queens. I suppose some gays and women may find it sexual!!!
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the funniest ads out at the mo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    I recently spent a Saturday night out with friends in Manchester. First thing we saw was a group of 10 or 15 girls with their claws out screeching and hair pulling at one another. All pissed out of their skulls and it was still only 9pm. :o

It looked a very ugly scene. :(
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

But if it had featured a female then it would've been degrading and totally demeaning to women.

I really hope someone does complain, in the name of 'equality'. What's good for the gander is good for the goose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »
    :D Seems to me that's grotesque than sexualised. Like drag queens. I suppose some gays and women may find it sexual!!!
    Exactly......women will get sexual gratification from this perverted filth.

It should be banned!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But if it had featured a female then it would've been degrading and totally demeaning to women.

I really hope someone does complain, in the name of 'equality'. What's good for the gander is good for the goose.
    I wondered how long before someone would see the irony.....you've hit the nail on the head! :cool:
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People who moan about this kind of thing are generally morons though and are against personal choice. We live in a free society apparently, so if someone wants to do a sexy dance, wants people to find them attractive or wants to get their chest/baps out, let them. Sometimes those who are against objectification, never actually experience it for themselves.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's hilarious :D and very clever how it's done.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Some are turning straw-clutching in to a fine art and there's a good chance that they're the kind of men who will never truly understand what it is to be really sexualised.

As for the advert, I think it's extremely funny personally.
  • Options
    Forza FerrariForza Ferrari Posts: 7,433
    Forum Member
    The thing is men can't take seriously complaining about the objectification of men. Women only manage it adout women because they are a joke.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's not do male objectification. Doesn't work.

http://i0.wp.com/www.marksimpson.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/o-BONDI-HIPSTERS-570.jpg?resize=527%2C407

See? Who would you rather objectify, eh? :p

Nah, money supermarket ad isn't objectifying, it's just bizarro silliiness like their other ads. Now there is a yoghurt one that could be. Woman ogling some ridey guy by the pool as she eats yoghurt, simultaneously describing yoghurt and ridey guy as 'tasty, smooth and thick', just as ridey guy falls on his arse.

Can't imagine that would stay on air too long if it was a hot but stupid woman being ogled by a yoghurt eating fellow.