How are you getting DriveClub?

Comments

• TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Yes. There's also a red corner after the early bridge that probably should be a yellow imo.

I've found quite a few corners in the game that seem to have the wrong colour, quite infuriating when you forget about them! >:( :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the flags are a bit misleading. I think they're supposed to indicate the difficulty of a corner but that doesn't mean that a green corner can be taken flat out or a red is a hairpin. I was guilty myself at first of just looking for flags and trying to gauge it that way but it depends on the car and the weather and the flow in and out of other corners.

Either way, I still don't get it right for about 80% of them. The best way is just learning the tracks which I'm starting to do after the billion hours I've played recently.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is the first time I have played that track used in the challenge. I quite liked it. I thought I was doing quite well on my second try and then bounced off a couple of walls in the last 10% :cry:
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    What a bastard. Found another second, (I kept the screenshot evidence), but I picked a time to do it when times aren't saving to the leaderboard. >:(
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    What a bastard. Found another second, (I kept the screenshot evidence), but I picked a time to do it when times aren't saving to the leaderboard. >:(

What's your time at now ?
    Forum Member
    claymore74 wrote: »
    What's your time at now ?

3:51.239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You must be slipping, I thought you'd be under 3:50 by now 😃
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found a really stupid way around the first corner, maybe 0.5 quicker than Lisa, causing me to almost have a heart attack when I'm neck and neck at the half way point, of course the time just bleeds away over the last half and I've no hope of getting 2 secs quicker ... but still, maybe one day ;)
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    For anyone that still hasn't reached level 50, theres a double Fame event this weekend
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Details of February's update and what's coming soon
    Update 1.11 (coming next week):

» Adds a new Multiplayer game mode: Team Time Trial.
    » Adds a new track offering 2 variants: Kobago in Japan.
    » All add-on Tours have new progress requirements: You need 8 Stars (previously 12) to progress to the second stage and 22 Stars (previously 27) to open up the final Championship.
    » Adds the ability to choose from a collection of factory Paint Jobs during vehicle selection prior to an Event.
    » Adds the option to enable the Rev Counter in cockpit view.
    » Decreases the threshold on the manumatic downshift limiter to allow players to downshift earlier.
    » Reduces the drying time for rain splatter on the screen when in Chase Cam.
    » Implements ghosting under certain conditions in Multiplayer races to prevent track blocking.
    » Allows the 'Contender' and 'Unbeatable' Trophies to be unlocked even if the challenges expire when you are not online.
    » Includes a number of minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.

Update 1.11 Add-ons (coming to PlayStation®Store Feb 24-26):

» Adds support for the VUHL 05, coming to PlayStation®Store as a free download.
    » Adds support for the DOWNFORCE Expansion Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on.
    » The Downforce Car Pack includes: Ferrari F50, Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Centennial Edition, SRT Viper GTS, Koenigsegg One:1 and Jaguar F-Type R Coupé.
    » The Downforce Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
    » Adds support for the Midnight Tour Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on.
    » The Midnight Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
    » Adds support for 2 new livery packs, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.

What else is coming to DRIVECLUB?

» Server upgrades: to improve stability and performance for all current players and to enable the release of the PS+ Edition and DRIVECLUB companion app.
    » Private lobbies: Development of Private Lobbies for Multiplayer is ongoing alongside development of server upgrades.
    » Replays: are in the final stages of development and testing. It's likely that offline replays will come ahead of Multiplayer replays.
    » Changes to drift scoring: to ensure that you are rewarded for momentum, control and staying on the track in drift zones.
    » Lots more cars: We can't say what's coming just yet, but many of your most commonly requested cars and manufacturers are coming to DRIVECLUB, along with a few surprises.
    » New ranks: because many of you are at Level 50 already.
    » Lots more! Please keep sharing your feedback about DRIVECLUB with us to help the game continue to evolve around you.

Really interested in the private lobbied & new ranks. Glad I didn't waste time going for the accolades once I reached level 50 as there's no point getting the extra fame points & all the club cars were already unlocked so ranking up made little difference
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    increased ranks - good. Wonder if it'll just be an increased limit or something like 'Legend' ranks (like Colonel ranks in bf3).

replays - I really want to see this. The game looks gorgeous, but you don't get enough time to see it when you're racing. Multiple camera angles please!

private lobbies - patiently waiting.

Driveclub App - will be so good to get this so that you don't have to switch ps4 on to see how far behind Lisa you are in our challenge!

drift scoring - sounds good. I think the previous 'can't go back' fix looks like it was just a quick fix while they spent more time on a better solution.

glad they're still working on it.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2nd claymore sentiments above.
    Forum Member
    That Paul, Game Director bloke also said on twitter last week that they're having a clear out of dodgy times on the leaderboards. Hopefully that'll include those old drift scores set with the backing up exploit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double fame and a free weekend online pass for those that don't have plus. Folks partners are gonna love Sony on valentines day. Lol
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Some very noice updates coming.

I wonder if the drifting changes will change my approach to drifting. Since the last update I have tried to always stay on the road and keep going as opposed to drifting it into the ditch. All sounds good tho.

The App. Come on and get it out. I'd love to check the challenge standings without powering the console on. Looking forward to that.

Love the idea of private lobbies. I hope we use them tho and not just try them and then forget about them.

More cars, yes please. Give us some Japs cars :)

I might finally be able to get that trophy that requires you to send out five challenges and win them. I've done it but never been online for it to pop.

New ranks. Meh. I wonder if it will take into account all the fame we collected after hitting 50. It does record it all.

So I'm happy with this. Best driving game since Gran Turismo 1
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10 tries so far to put in a decent time on this challenge. I end up losing time exiting the tunnel. Iann just drives off into the distance while I'm trying to bring the rear end of the car under control lol. I wonder how long I'll stay in my current position of 6th.

Awesome time from both Lisa and Iann on this challenge :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've still to knock a few secs off my time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    I've still to knock a few secs off my time

I'm quite happy with a place in the top 10.

Is someone planning to post the league points/positions or has that idea fallen through
    Forum Member
    I'm quite happy with a place in the top 10.

Is someone planning to post the league points/positions or has that idea fallen through

I'll do it. I was away since Monday but back now. Will get it done tonight :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I'll do it. I was away since Monday but back now. Will get it done tonight :)

Thanks Yuffie and welcome back :)
    Forum Member
    Points after Stage 1 of the Digital Spy Driveclub Super Championship

25 __ Lisa_B_87
    24 __ E5onAMP
    23 __ rip_murdock
    22 __ Little_Ifrit
    21 __ gillyallen
    20 __ Supernatural_02
    19 __ Samecat
    18 __ Claymore-74
    17 __ speedy1013
    16 __ xStormxBringeRx
    15 __ MrkBrd
    14 __ TheGingerWarrior
    13 __ darf02
    12 __ TommyNooka79
    11 __ Echo12008
    10 __ Danger_Close1979
    09 __ GolterDammer
    08 __ jaffa-mad
    07 __ kyles2003
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Paul, Game Director bloke also said on twitter last week that they're having a clear out of dodgy times on the leaderboards. Hopefully that'll include those old drift scores set with the backing up exploit.

And those 289mph speed challenges....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd be as well taking kyles3003 out. That's my son and doesn't really bother with it. I had sent it to him when it was my challenge
  • Ian_TroonIan_Troon Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    I've got a lot of points to make up!! Cheers for doing the table Yuffie!
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    For anyone that still hasn't reached level 50, theres a double Fame event this weekend

Will the double fame help me boost my drift points so I can get the million points of drift trophy?