Jose - The Special One?

Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
Forum Member
Everyone who reads these forums knows im a huge Jose fanboi! etc etc but after the events of last night can anyone really argue that he is potentially the greatest of all time?

Porto, Chelsea and Inter - He built each team in different ways and led them to success. It looks like he is heading for Madrid. The battle between him and Pep will be awesome to watch if it happens.

IMO we are watching a legend being formed before our eyes.

Comments

• trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get a little dizzy when thinking/typing/talking about José Mourinho.

*Swoon* He is awesome.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Yes he is. He is right up there with Ian Holloway
  • Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Yes he is. He is right up there with Ian Holloway

Mourinho is 47 and still learning and adapting. Only burn-out can stop him eventually being confirmed as the best club manager of all time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mourinho is 47 and still learning and adapting. Only burn-out can stop him eventually being confirmed as the best club manager of all time.

I could go on about his managerial skills for hours, I genuinely could :o

He's hot!
    Forum Member

I agree and further than that i suggest his career path will be Real - Man Utd - Portugal.

Put your money on Portugal for a WC win in 3 or 4 tourneys time.
  • Faxy FowlerFaxy Fowler Posts: 17,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without a doubt.

He's young enough to do so much more yet too, which is frightening.
    Forum Member
    I could go on about his managerial skills for hours, I genuinely could :o

He's hot!

When i dont shave my beard is going grey.

Very few people tell me "its hot". I tend to get "hahahaha you're going grey!!!!"

Its a cruel world.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When i dont shave my beard is going grey.

Very few people tell me "its hot". I tend to get "hahahaha you're going grey!!!!"

Its a cruel world.....

:D:D:D

I fancy the pants off Jose and I find a little crazy because Jose is the same age as my dad. :eek:

Anyway, he is a great manager! He has won so much in the last 10 years and he has proved his talent in 3 different league. He will bring a new level of excitment to La Liga next season.

Like I have said before, he is the only manager who I believe has what it takes to become manager of Manchester United once Sir Alex retires.
    Forum Member
    Hera wrote: »
    :D:D:D

I fancy the pants off Jose and I find a little crazy because Jose is the same age as my dad. :eek:

My hair is spikey and still dark, its only when i grow a beard that the grey shows up......

We still have a chance..........:D

I want him to be the next Man Utd manager and so does he.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My hair is spikey and still dark, its only when i grow a beard that the grey shows up......

We still have a chance..........:D

I want him to be the next Man Utd manager and so does he.

Football was never an interest of mine, but when José became manager of Chelsea I happened to live about 10 minutes away from Stamford Bridge... So I became a supporter (how shallow!).

My bro supports Man U and thinks he will be the next manager. I'll spit venom if it happens.

Grey hair looks distinguished and shows gravitas - avoid all that 'Just For Men' crap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mourinho is indeed the Special one. incredible season for inter milan.
    a lot of the neutral english wanted to see his team win last night.
    Forum Member
    Football was never an interest of mine, but when José became manager of Chelsea I happened to live about 10 minutes away from Stamford Bridge... So I became a supporter (how shallow!).

My bro supports Man U and thinks he will be the next manager. I'll spit venom if it happens.

Grey hair looks distinguished and shows gravitas - avoid all that 'Just For Men' crap.

Start spitting.

I wouldnt touch "just for men", I tend to look cool anyway.
  • Pink_PounderPink_Pounder Posts: 13,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course Mourinho is one of the great managers.

But United have their own manager who arguably IS the greatest of all time who for some reason no longer gets much praise for it, possibly due to some latent homoerotic interest in the unquestionably good looking 'Special One'.
    Forum Member

But United have their own manager who arguably IS the greatest of all time who for some reason no longer gets much praise for it, possibly due to some latent homoerotic interest in the unquestionably good looking 'Special One'.

SAF is the greatest. Ever.

Simple.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jose won't be the Man Yoo manager. They are not that type of club. They'll want someone to build for the long term and potentially be there a while.

Jose doesn't stay in one place long enough. When a jobs done he moves on and rightfully so. After a treble - you can only match your achievement or go downwards. He is clever enough to understand this and move on to the next challenge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Simple.

But if you had to invite one into bed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You do have a point, the trophies speak for themselves. But when you add in that Alex Ferguson is a big red-nosed unlikeable smug git who most people (non Man U fans) have little time for, José is the better package.
    Forum Member
    Jose won't be the Man Yoo manager. They are not that type of club. They'll want someone to build for the long term and potentially be there a while.

Jose doesn't stay in one place long enough. When a jobs done he moves on and rightfully so. After a treble - you can only match your achievement or go downwards. He is clever enough to understand this and move on to the next challenge.

Why are they "not that type of club"?

Perhaps because they hit the jackpot with SAF? Look at the record prior to him.

If anyone is arsed enough to look a bit deeper into JM they will see that he wants a "big project" that he can have a long term influence over. He also wants the Man Utd job.
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's an amazing manager but I don't think he would be a good Man Utd manager, I don't think it's a surprise he's had his biggest successes with European clubs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If anyone is arsed enough to look a bit deeper into JM they will see that he wants a "big project" that he can have a long term influence over. He also wants the Man Utd job.

I'd be very happy for him to take the United job.

I think it's something that he's been looking for. A project. If the days of 25 year reigns are over, and face it, they are - I think he see's United as a job where he can build. I think that's where he'll feel more at home. As opposed to Madrid where, failing to go over old ground, personalities will clash there very, very, very soon, I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Simple.

SAF is without a doubt a great manager, the greatest? Hard to say - he has had far more resource than anyone else for a long time.

With the money and support he has had over such a period, I would argue that 2 European cup wins is pathetic really.

For me a manager to be truly classed as the greatest has to have had to achieved in the major leagues of Europe, not just at the biggest club in England.

Would SAF have achieved at Inter what Jose has done? I don't think so.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »
    I think he's an amazing manager but I don't think he would be a good Man Utd manager, I don't think it's a surprise he's had his biggest successes with European clubs.

Eh? Run that by me again please.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe JM wants to do it, but there's no proof he can. Everyone can see what he can do short-term and he might be ideal to take over from Sir Alex to give his actual successor a bit of breathing space.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Eh? Run that by me again please.

He didn't do as well with an english club as he did with the Porto and Inter.
    Forum Member
    SAF is without a doubt a great manager, the greatest? Hard to say - he has had far more resource than anyone else for a long time.

With the money and support he has had over such a period, I would argue that 2 European cup wins is pathetic really.

For me a manager to be truly classed as the greatest has to have had to achieved in the major leagues of Europe, not just at the biggest club in England.

Would SAF have achieved at Inter what Jose has done? I don't think so.

So no manager is "great" then?