the official Ola fan HACKED OFF thread

Comments

• -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Ola gets punished because she won last year:confused:. I'm a female so I don't have any male motives, but she was hardly given the hottie or most likely candidate to win last year. This year she has definitely been handed the death card.

Hey lach :)

I don't think it's so much a case of punishing Ola, but giving the other girls a chance.

I was surprised Natalie Lowe got another dishy soap star though!
  • northernsoul54northernsoul54 Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynxmale wrote: »
    Your mum.
    lynxmale wrote: »
    Paul is a whole bum Xylophone.

HAAAA! Two funniest posts of the day in one short thread :D

Congratulations :p
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Poor Ola. :(
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Hey lach :)

I don't think it's so much a case of punishing Ola, but giving the other girls a chance.

I was surprised Natalie Lowe got another dishy soap star though!

Hey Sid, long time no see:):),

I know what you mean, but Chris last year wasn't a natural winner and I was also surprised that Natalie was given another dishy soap star (maybe something to do with height?). I was pleased Vincent wasn't given Anne though, him and Felicity could do well:).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As somebody who (unexpectedly) came to love Ola last year, I'm not keen on the fact that she might only be in the competition for a week or two this year.

BUT having said that, I'm really hoping that's the case! Can't take to Paul Daniels at all - why is he going on the programme (oh, yes, the £££) when he admits he can't dance and isn't interested in music. I also think anyone who is so disinterested in Strictly that they couldn't even be bothered to watch last year shouldn't be on it - thought it was pretty insulting to Ola when he didn't know she was last year's champion.

Oh well, maybe they'll have her doing lots of pro dances if they're booted off early.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Sid, long time no see:):),

I know what you mean, but Chris last year wasn't a natural winner and I was also surprised that Natalie was given another dishy soap star (maybe something to do with height?). I was pleased Vincent wasn't given Anne though, him and Felicity could do well:).

To be honest I don't think Scott looks that promising, is he really the sexiest man in soap? Must be something about the character he plays as he seemed alright but not really anything special.

PS In regards to Ola not really surprised she got Paul, using the height theory it was either going to be her or Flavia and after Phil Daniels and Craig Kelly it would have been less fair for her to get him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Even his catchphrases are terrible. They make you want to play "Whack-a-mole" with his face.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    isopap wrote: »
    To be honest I don't think Scott looks that promising, is he really the sexiest man in soap? Must be something about the character he plays as he seemed alright but not really anything special.

PS In regards to Ola not really surprised she got Paul, using the height theory it was either going to be her or Flavia and after Phil Daniels and Craig Kelly it would have been less fair for her to get him.

Yes I think that was a given wasn't it:(. I wasn't impressed that he didn't know she won it last year. I'm not sure Scott will do well, Matt, Misty and even Goldie might do much better.

I quite like Ola now, and I wanted her to have a slightly better run. I think she might be out in the first 2 to 3 weeks.:(
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Ola gets punished because she won last year:confused:. I'm a female so I don't have any male motives, but she was hardly given the hottie or most likely candidate to win last year. This year she has definitely been handed the death card.

I don't think that's true - the death card has gone to Katya!!! If I was to bet now on who's out week 1, I'd put money on Katya and Gavin!

I think Ola and Paul will have a few weeks. He has a bit of rhythm, they looked ok together in the group training and in the dance, and he said some very nice things about her at the reveal which most of the other celebs didn't bother to say about their pro partners.

I hated him yesterday, but he's gone up a couple of notches after how he treated Ola at the reveal. Could have been worse.

And to be honest, who's going to be watching him when they dance anyway. I'm female and I still prefer to watch Ola dancing than any of her celebs, she's a fabulous dancer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think that's true - the death card has gone to Katya!!! If I was to bet now on who's out week 1, I'd put money on Katya and Gavin!

I think Ola and Paul will have a few weeks. He has a bit of rhythm, they looked ok together in the group training and in the dance, and he said some very nice things about her at the reveal which most of the other celebs didn't bother to say about their pro partners.

I hated him yesterday, but he's gone up a couple of notches after how he treated Ola at the reveal. Could have been worse.

And to be honest, who's going to be watching him when they dance anyway. I'm female and I still prefer to watch Ola dancing than any of her celebs, she's a fabulous dancer.

Well I'm a heterosexual female as well, and you just made my evening. Fingers crossed they stay in a bit. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I'm a heterosexual female as well, and you just made my evening. Fingers crossed they stay in a bit. :D

same, just seen I didn't make that clear. I fancy her husband, not her! :D
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will depend on Paul's attitude. It looked right on tonight's show. If there is a battle of wills, Ola will be the winner in the public's eyes, so Paul hopefully will be smarter than Dom or Gary Rhodes and do what Ola says.
    She has over-achieved with all her partners except Spoony, so maybe they can surprise a few people, and Paul will win over some of those who dont like him.

I can remember not liking him in the past but cant remember why, so I'll give him a chance.
  • Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    Love Ola, so a bit dissapointed she's been paired with Paul although I expected it. You'd think with how popular she is with the male viewers they'd have paired her with a better partner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dreamer27 wrote: »
    Love Ola, so a bit dissapointed she's been paired with Paul although I expected it. You'd think with how popular she is with the male viewers they'd have paired her with a better partner.

Maybe that's the point though - her popularity will keep Paul in for a few weeks, which will be high on entertainment value.

And I hope Paul's not stupid enough to try and have a battle of wills with her, if he listens to her, they've got a chance of staying in a few weeks with her teaching skills and her clever choreography as well as her popularity. He said she's an excellent teacher though, so hopefully he realises that he needs to listen to her!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    If he does not do what he's told, his assistant Debbie has my permission to saw him in half. And especially not put him back together again.
  • Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    Maybe that's the point though - her popularity will keep Paul in for a few weeks, which will be high on entertainment value.

And I hope Paul's not stupid enough to try and have a battle of wills with her, if he listens to her, they've got a chance of staying in a few weeks with her teaching skills and her clever choreography as well as her popularity. He said she's an excellent teacher though, so hopefully he realises that he needs to listen to her!!!

Perhaps, maybe she'll keep him in long enough for people to back him as the underdog. Although i'd rather see her with someone she can do some intricate and clever routines than be the joke couple.
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps, maybe she'll keep him in long enough for people to back him as the underdog. Although i'd rather see her with someone she can do some intricate and clever routines than be the joke couple.[/QUOTE]

She was half of that last year :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although i'd rather see her with someone she can do some intricate and clever routines than be the joke couple.

It's been 5 years and she's never had that, I've almost given up hoping!!! :rolleyes: If we add up what she's due based on the raw ability of all her partners (and NOT how far she got them, that's enormously to her credit the past few years), then next year she's due the likes of Justin Timberlake!! I can wish though :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been 5 years and she's never had that, I've almost given up hoping!!! :rolleyes: If we add up what she's due based on the raw ability of all her partners (and NOT how far she got them, that's enormously to her credit the past few years), then next year she's due the likes of Justin Timberlake!! I can wish though :p

Couldn't agree more- she is always the dead cert for dufferdom!

I hope she does better than I thought she would- that's largely because paul wasn't as offensive to me at the reveal as the whole Ann worship thing!
  • FuddFudd Posts: 167,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    isopap wrote: »

Ola's record on Strictly has been Spoony, Kenny Logan, Andrew Castle and Chris Hollins - dance wise, she hasn't had a lot to work with though she did wonders with all of them, and her dancing relationship with Chris endeared them to the audience. At least Flavia had Matt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't agree more- she is always the dead cert for dufferdom!

I hope she does better than I thought she would- that's largely because paul wasn't as offensive to me at the reveal as the whole Ann worship thing!

I don't agree she's always a dead cert for dufferdom, my point was that hopefully if she and James return next year she'll get a good one - she was never going to get anyone with a realistic chance this year.

She and Flavia have been almost equally shafted when it comes to partners, so let's not turn this thread into that debate again! Ola winning last year made her partner allocation this year almost inevitable, but it also possibly makes her more likely to get as better one next year. All depends on whether the show returns, whether she returns and who signs up!

But I agree about the Ann/Paul thing. I actually found Paul strangely quite endearing, he was lovely to Ola and I didn't expect that.
  • BruciesToupeBruciesToupe Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's so predictable that the winner ALWAYS get the duffer, would have been fab if for a change they had at least given her someone who was more 'middling'. (if there is such a word). Still you never know, Daniels could surprise us all, and theres always the Seargeant effect. A week one exit is not necessarily a dead cert!!!
  • Icarus17Icarus17 Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    muddipaws wrote: »
    If you win one year you usually get a bum note the following year
    Lilia didn't, nor did Matthew Cutler, while Karen was unlucky in that her partner, Brian, had 'flu in the first week (although he clearly would not have lasted too long). The point, surely, is that you have to rotate which dancers get which age group of celebrity, hence the apparent switches from one extreme to another. Well, unless you're Anton, obviously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree she's always a dead cert for dufferdom, my point was that hopefully if she and James return next year she'll get a good one - she was never going to get anyone with a realistic chance this year.

She and Flavia have been almost equally shafted when it comes to partners, so let's not turn this thread into that debate again! Ola winning last year made her partner allocation this year almost inevitable, but it also possibly makes her more likely to get as better one next year. All depends on whether the show returns, whether she returns and who signs up!

But I agree about the Ann/Paul thing. I actually found Paul strangely quite endearing, he was lovely to Ola and I didn't expect that.

We live in hope for next year- as well as this year! The unexpectedly nice Paul absolutely gobsmacked me- he was my first to go before the show! I think she will bring out the best in him.

I hope Flavia does well this year- I am liking the Flavia/ Jimi pairing:D Could be the one that makes Flavia laugh a lot more on the show- in a good way not the embarassed way!
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    Poor Ola, she drew the short straw this year, I have never taken to Paul D, I dont like magic and he just grates on me, I can't really see him lasting many weeks..