Options

Orphan Black: BBC America (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    G926G926 Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the bit where Alison was attacked and out came the gas and the whistle! I do hope she finds out about that awful husband of hers.

That was funny. But the funniest of the episode was Felix in the gay bar with his a$$ hanging out. "What are you wearing?" :D:D:D
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the new episode. I have to say that I really enjoyed it. There were new characters and so much going on. Plus Alison found out about dear hubby!
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor Alison is all alone. She's unraveling at a rate of knots.
  • Options
    dizziedizzie Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic episode! Much better paced than the season opener, and WOW! Like, holy shit, who can you trust?! Even knowing about Alison's husband, it was fun seeing her realise just how mistaken she was. She's definitely losing it, and now with Sarah and Felix skipping town, it would seem she's much more alone - but she still rules! The scene with Alison and Felix, downing mini bottles of vodka, was so much fun. Loved Mrs S, and how totally hard core she is. The knives - oh my god!
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, much better than the opener but it's still all quite complicated keeping track of who everyone is and which side they are on. May have to watch it all again.
  • Options
    Dare_AllanDare_Allan Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? The opener was a great episode as was this. How can you consider one better than the other. Episode one was a non stop roller coaster of action all from the first season set up and expected.

Episode two set up new memes and opportunities, also great, even though it was slower.

But to compare one to the other? Meh, just take it that this is the best series on TV right now. Well possibly after Game of Thrones.
  • Options
    Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    I only discovered Orphan Black on Tuesday this week. My house is a complete tip, the kids have been lucky to get food and clean clothes but I'm now up to date with it and it's easily the best tv I've seen in a really long time. I'm more excited about this than anything else that's on just now, it's just excellent! Watching it, I keep thinking how much fun it must have been for Tatiana to be all those different characters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we finally met Kira's dad. Knowing this show l can't believe he is not part of it somehow: his 'inocence' just doesn't ring true.
  • Options
    Dare_AllanDare_Allan Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we finally met Kira's dad. Knowing this show l can't believe he is not part of it somehow: his 'inocence' just doesn't ring true.

Well the father does appear to be living "off the grid" that alone suggests he's had previous involvement with one of the organisations.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dizzie wrote: »
    Alison is definitely the best character in this show - everything about her story was golden. The musical - that was truly hilarious! Plus, she was there sewing her costumes whilst simultaneously planning subterfuge, dealing with her mistrusting husband, and talking Felix down from his high! Ultimate multi-tasker! Really want more Alison and Felix scenes - the 'bouncy thumb pads' bit was so funny! She's definitely the one they need to utilise more - she even has her own friendly, neighbourhood, drug/gun dealer. Her and Sarah are, for me, indispensable. Cosima, with her coughing up blood, may well be on the way out - but she's seemingly critical to this phase of the plot, given how much the big bad company are going to be involved, it would seem.

I went off Alison when she stood by and watched her neighbour die. What did the neighbour really do wrong, apart from being a bit too nosey? Anyway, still enjoying the series, but does anyone else think that Maria Doyle Kennedy looks too young for the part she's playing?
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went off Alison when she stood by and watched her neighbour die. What did the neighbour really do wrong, apart from being a bit too nosey? Anyway, still enjoying the series, but does anyone else think that Maria Doyle Kennedy looks too young for the part she's playing?

Didn't Alison think the neighbour was her minder?
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. She thought Aynsley was her monitor - something we came back to in last week's episode when she suddenly realised in wasn't Aynsley but Donnie, so now she feels even more guilty because she just stood there and let her friend die for no reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't decide if he's a red herring or not. He said they were only together for a month, 8 years ago, and Felix makes it sound as though they were flitting around, doing con jobs at the time, and Cal was just one of Sarah's victims (but there being feelings involved to complicate things). They've obviously not been in touch since, and Sarah is back to her 'use them whilst they're useful' strategy of survival. But his off-the-grid lifestyle potentially has some darker undertones - especially seeing as he was involved in an 'interesting' business before, it would seem.

Me, I'm starting to think that Felix is a lot more than we're seeing. Mrs S is clearly a whole lot more badass and involved in the whole clone thing than we first knew about her - so why did she also foster Felix? Were there any more foster kids? I don't think there were. I will die if he's her monitor - because he's too ****ing cool to be on the wrong side of things - but I think we could be in for a shocker with him too! Did they perhaps manage a male clone, and there's a whole world of undiscovered 'Felixes' out there?! That would be awesome!!!!! :o Perhaps not - this is a female led show, after all, and there's enough clones to keep track of, as it is!

But, what an ending to the latest episode! I feel like I say 'holy shit!' after every single one now! Amazing show - and Tatiana gets better and better every single time. Another dead clone ( :cry: ) - and she managed to make a 2 minute appearance from someone we'd never seen before completely engrossing and effective. She needs to win all the awards for this/these performances.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't know for sure and so I think it came across as being completely cold and nasty. Anyway, I have a feeling that Felix is somehow involved as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that Cal is involved in something. He said his bee invention was taken over by the military. I am wondering if Operation Leda is not a military project like the cloning of Hitler in the 'boys from Brazil'. Why choose that name: Leda is seduced by Zeus in the form of a swan and gives birth to twins and also twins by her husband.

What that other religious bunch is up to is anyone's guess. Perhaps they think the clones will give birth to a superior being?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that Cal is involved in something. He said his bee invention was taken over by the military. I am wondering if Operation Leda is not a military project like the cloning of Hitler in the 'boys from Brazil'. Why choose that name: Leda is seduced by Zeus in the form of a swan and gives birth to twins and also twins by her husband.

What that other religious bunch is up to is anyone's guess. Perhaps they think the clones will give birth to a superior being?
    This week's episode refers to Project Leda in more detail and (not really a spoiler as such, but just to be on the safe side)...
    We'll learn who the two scientists in that photo are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think season 2 is so much better than season 1 because we get so much in each episode. So the Project Leda mythology angle does come up and the military connection. Now we are moving up the chain to see who originated the project. Also Elena is an amazing character. She used to inflict pain on herself so she has an almighty tolerance of pain. They stab her , they shoot her they try and smother her but she survives!

So the religious bunch are after the birth of twins they think are superhuman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had another thought. If all this is about twins then logically Kira has a twin out there.
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tatiana killed it again with the final scene, how she doesn't win awards for her performance in Orphan Black is beyond belief.

Couple of points -

Did anyone else spot the fact that Beth had a scar behind her ear, and now so does Sarah because of Daniel. Any significance?

Cal definitely knows more than he's letting on, he didn't react much when he heard the name Dyad, but there was certainly something there.

Rachel isn't the top dog either then? She clearly thinks she is but the only real difference between her and the rest of the Clone Club is she was always been self aware.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    Tatiana killed it again with the final scene, how she doesn't win awards for her performance in Orphan Black is beyond belief.

Couple of points -

Did anyone else spot the fact that Beth had a scar behind her ear, and now so does Sarah because of Daniel. Any significance?

Cal definitely knows more than he's letting on, he didn't react much when he heard the name Dyad, but there was certainly something there.

Rachel isn't the top dog either then? She clearly thinks she is but the only real difference between her and the rest of the Clone Club is she was always been self aware.

I said I think Cal and his 'military bee project' was too coincidental. There has been a lot of messing about with bees to get the best species: hence those rampant killer bees which are a cross of aggressive African and European bee. I thought he was going to say that this was the corporation that took his research: I bet it is.

I think Rachel said she couldn't have children which is why Sarah and Helena are so special.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cal definitely got a look on his face when Sarah said Dyad. It's practically a dead certainty that they're the corporation who bought out his invention. Rachel certainly became a little more human - interesting that they did all that with her off screen!

I'm just continually blown away with Tatiana's acting. Every single week, there's a moment where I have to remind myself she's playing all these parts. That last scene was so freaking good!
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice Breaking Bad tribute in the opening scene.

Another good episode. They are keeping the pace up fantastically well. That last part was chilling.

I can only echo the tributes to Tatiana and her amazing performances. What an actress!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had another thought. If all this is about twins then logically Kira has a twin out there.
    Unlikely given that Sarah has never hinted at it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unlikely given that Sarah has never hinted at it?

But the scientists could have done to Sarah what that cowboy did to Helena. They could have got the eggs out and separated them and put one egg into another female. They did tests on the subjects by drugging them all the time. Anyway, this is all very intriguing and will keep us watching to find out what is going on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the scientists could have done to Sarah what that cowboy did to Helena. They could have got the eggs out and separated them and put one egg into another female. They did tests on the subjects by drugging them all the time. Anyway, this is all very intriguing and will keep us watching to find out what is going on.
    But remember that both Sarah and Helena were off the grid and unknown to the Dyad Institute at the time when Sarah became pregnant with Kira. Unless Cal somehow had something to do with Dyad at that point, which seems highly unlikely as they've never shown any knowledge of him either up to now. (And even if Dyad are the company responsible for buying out his invention, that all took place after his brief time with Sarah.) I may have missed something, but everything I've seen seems to exclude the possibility of Sarah having given birth to twins.