X Factor 2014 - The Official Bootcamp Thread :)

WeekendDudeWeekendDude Posts: 228
Forum Member
Hello

So bootcamp starts today....no audience included just the judges
The audience bootcamp starts on Saturday and Sunday

Please post anything on here if you find anything out about the contestants from now and until Sunday :)

Comments

• Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm off to bootcamp on Sunday (1st session).
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll probably end up finding out the categories today :D Guessing:

If they're going to be obvious:
    Simon: Groups
    Cheryl: Girls
    Mel: Boys
    Louis: Overs

Or if they're going to switch it up:
    Simon: Girls
    Cheryl: Groups
    Mel: Overs
    Louis: Boys

I'd love the latter allocations. Apparently the overs are supposed to be very strong this year, and from the audition session I attended, the 'one to beat' (Simon's words) performed and he was indeed an over. Mel took to him the most out of the panel, so I think they'd work well together. Cheryl has never had the groups, so I'd just love to see this - I think she'd do well actually. There are a set of twins this year aged 14 who Cheryl really loved, so I could see the producers pairing them up. Plus, these said twins are being championed by the producers, as is Cheryl... So it'd make sense.
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm following a few of the contestants on Twitter. Here's hoping someone lets something slip RE: mentors.

Australia went all out on their allocations this year, why not do something odd here too?! I just wanna see Louis with the girls tbh
  • Grof_GriffGrof_Griff Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I'm off to bootcamp on Sunday (1st session).

That's what I was hoping for but still no tickets :(

And I agree, Eddy - hoping for the latter allocations too! :)
  • mgiudamgiuda Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing for the 6 chair challenge, they will split it up again. 2 categories on Saturday and 2 on Sunday
  • MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6 chairs challenge will be back, one of contestants told me that producers will bring it back ..

I hope anyone can get info about mentor and their categories ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    We'll probably end up finding out the categories today :D Guessing:

If they're going to be obvious:
    Simon: Groups
    Cheryl: Girls
    Mel: Boys
    Louis: Overs

Or if they're going to switch it up:
    Simon: Girls
    Cheryl: Groups
    Mel: Overs
    Louis: Boys

I'd love the latter allocations. Apparently the overs are supposed to be very strong this year, and from the audition session I attended, the 'one to beat' (Simon's words) performed and he was indeed an over. Mel took to him the most out of the panel, so I think they'd work well together. Cheryl has never had the groups, so I'd just love to see this - I think she'd do well actually. There are a set of twins this year aged 14 who Cheryl really loved, so I could see the producers pairing them up. Plus, these said twins are being championed by the producers, as is Cheryl... So it'd make sense.

Wow, who are those twins ? It seems no one posted any review about them in Contestant Spoiler Thread at all :(

Do you know their names ? I wanna stalk their YouTube videos, lol.
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    here is the new stage https://twitter.com/marksidaway/status/497366355499560961 I like the are using the type of stage XFUSA used for their chair challenge
    I wonder what time Mel will land in London as she only just posted about flying from NY so I dont know if they are doing the group thing or will they just cut people out tonight without singing then find out categorises today and let contestants practise
  • WeekendDudeWeekendDude Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    here is the new stage https://twitter.com/marksidaway/status/497366355499560961 I like the are using the type of stage XFUSA used for their chair challenge
    I wonder what time Mel will land in London as she only just posted about flying from NY so I dont know if they are doing the group thing or will they just cut people out tonight without singing then find out categorises today and let contestants practise

No they will perform tonight as they need to cut the acts down before Saturday and Sunday! I seen a small clip of a girl group practising outside the wembley on Instagram!

I think they will perform tonight when Mel B arrives or else they will also practice and get filmed today then perform tomorrow morning

Also were are the 6 chairs gonna go, I can't seem them anywhere on the new stage
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No they will perform tonight as they need to cut the acts down before Saturday and Sunday! I seen a small clip of a girl group practising outside the wembley on Instagram!

I think they will perform tonight when Mel B arrives or else they will also practice and get filmed today then perform tomorrow morning

Also were are the 6 chairs gonna go, I can't seem them anywhere on the new stage
    Down the ends of the X like the they have here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChTtFLlTaUk
  • Grof_GriffGrof_Griff Posts: 306
    Forum Member

The stage isn't as good as XFUSA's imo, how are they going to fit 6 chairs at the end of each of those X branches?

Also not so keen on the graphic, how many times have they used blue :confused: The audition set graphic colours were a lot more fresh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely loved that stage from the US last year so I'm glad we got something similar. I'd really like if they had an extra bit on the end with the category name for the seats like the US had too.

I also kind of hope they use the colour scheme the US used for the categories last year (boys blue, girls pink, overs yellow and groups green) as it gave the show a more individualised feeling imo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Set looks amazing :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love XF USA last year and I'm gonna love XF UK set this year too, I just hope that they have proper bootcamp instead of going straight to that 6 chair challenge ..

XF USA had 4 chair challenge straight away without proper bootcamp which makes the serie kinda short and not-so-excited. I hope by the time 6 chair challenges, some manufactured groups will be already formed and get ready to perform :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, it's also worth pointing out, at the time of the photograph being taken; they hadn't finished putting all the staging together. For one, the chairs are missing and the actual floor audience seats weren't fully in place either. I'm sure we'll have pretty much the exact same set as the US show, which is great. I'm also hoping the panel will state which judge has what category too. We've got more chance of finding out the categories if they're in place. I'm so excited for this series, I really think it's going to be one of the best :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I'm excited now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we think the whole thing will be executed in the same way as the US did it? Will it basically be treated like a live show with Dermot doing the hosting and what not? I hope so, I'd love that :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Categories don't seem to have been given a mentor yet, noones mentioned anything about it on twitter
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackamakka wrote: »
    Categories don't seem to have been given a mentor yet, noones mentioned anything about it on twitter

Hmm. Perhaps filming hasn't started yet? I remember the first thing to happen in last year's bootcamp was the category allocation, followed by each mentor deciding which of their contestants would progress to the chair challenge round.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ignore
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging by one of the contestants twitter who is at bottcamp, it's definitely started...and he's panicking about what they've been asked to do!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has the grouped singing challenge been confirmed? Mel hasn't landed in the UK yet, none of the other judges are at Wembley either. They usually give acts 24 hours before the chair challenge to practise so I dont know if the group challenge is happening which im kind happy about because its pointless, if they need to get rid of people they should just do a massive cull before the sing to narrow it down for the challenge
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    jackamakka wrote: »
    Maybe they don't have wifi :P jk jk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by one of the contestants twitter who is at bottcamp, it's definitely started...and he's panicking about what they've been asked to do!!

Would you mind sharing the tweet? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd imagine tomorrow the judges will pick the Top 12 or whatever from each category for the 6 chair challenge, then Saturday morning categories will be revealed, then all the performances will take place over Sat/Sun. Unless there's a group challenge tomorrow?