Options

Who is reality TVs richest?

Skinny TreeSkinny Tree Posts: 1,348
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am beside myself with excitement and I don't think I can wait until Sunday to find out. :(

Is it still jade goody?

Comments

• Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it ever Jade goody? People like 1D, Cheryl Cole, Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood have made £££££££.
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    It's gonna be that ghastly kardashian woman
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jade Goody was broke when she died......that's why she did the doco
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    I am beside myself with excitement and I don't think I can wait until Sunday to find out. :(

Is it still jade goody?

Didn't it turn out Jade never actually had that much at any one time it was just that she had earned quite a bit (I assume that means she spent it rather quickly)

But yeah like mentioned im sure people like One Direction, Anyone of the Kardashians, Chery Cole, The Situation at times has been quite wealthy, It depends whether you could include the hosts as well.

Wouldn't Peter Dickson & Marcus Bentley be up there too?
  • Options
    RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carrie Underwood has a net worth of $70 million , Kim Kardashian $65 million. Doubt any can beat these.
  • Options
    Dr.GDr.G Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Got to be that Playboy bunny who had her pants pulled down by Denise Welch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    depends on how they work it , if its on gross earnings evander holyfield would be in the 100 million plus bracket
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan sugar
  • Options
    CupidStunt2010CupidStunt2010 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Donald trump?
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's got to be Steven Goode, anyone that can grease the palm of the Duke of Westminster to get wed in the Abbey has got to be absolutely caked in dough :cool:
  • Options
    Artemis1Artemis1 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK 👌 I was enjoying the comments and suddenly you reminded me that the "cool gang" are due back in the country today.
    🙍
    I would expect the papers will have strange headlines after the wrap party since a lot of bb housemates and cbb housemates don't like each other.
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Was it ever Jade goody? People like 1D, Cheryl Cole, Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood have made £££££££.

They are singing talent show winners, not reality stars. Reality is TV with an obs doc element that follows your life where you are supposedly yourself albeit in a controlled situation or game. The others are all singers entering the traditional pop or entertainment world via a relatively traditional TV talent show. I would never put singers or musicians in the same category as Big Brother or Towie personalties, who basically have no discernible talent!
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    Janette800 wrote: »
    Jade Goody was broke when she died......that's why she did the doco

No, Jade left an estate of Approx 2.5-3 million pounds. There may still be a claim by the taxman on some of it
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its Mr Cowell I think
  • Options
    QuiteInterestedQuiteInterested Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duncann wrote: »
    They are singing talent show winners, not reality stars. Reality is TV with an obs doc element that follows your life where you are supposedly yourself albeit in a controlled situation or game. The others are all singers entering the traditional pop or entertainment world via a relatively traditional TV talent show. I would never put singers or musicians in the same category as Big Brother or Towie personalties, who basically have no discernible talent!

I'm sure X Factor contestants are included as they have the voice over guy doing the TV ad with Marcus Bentley (can't think of his name at the mo).
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure X Factor contestants are included as they have the voice over guy doing the TV ad with Marcus Bentley (can't think of his name at the mo).
    Yes, I was just about to say that. I would like to know what the criteria for the list is - even if X Factor is included, I doubt they mean the judges but the contestants. One Direction or Leona Lewis must be near the top, One Direction rake in loads (but not as much as those who pull their strings :D).

Somebody like the Kardashians must rate pretty high, she reportedly earns $18m a year with show and endorsements.

The Raal Housewives of ... wherever ... they earn millions with high pay per show and endorsements.

Depends on if the list includes US and other countries, judges or contestants only, music shows or just scripted reality, things like that.

Was surprised to see Judge Judy is worth about $45million!!

I would like to know the criteria for this particular list (the one Marcus is advertising).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Those types of talent shows are classed as reality shows by most, they're certainly more real than the likes of TOWIE/MIC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shades1 wrote: »
    depends on how they work it , if its on gross earnings evander holyfield would be in the 100 million plus bracket

But he didn't that from starring in reality telly. I can't imagine any CBB housemates would count, unless their career significantly increased due to the show.

Otherwise it's just a list of rich people who have just happened to have appeared in reality shows.
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So that will exclude the likes of Trump & Sugar because I've always thought that The Apprentice is a talent show whereby contestants compete to see who has the best business acumen. Like them or not, Trump and Sugar are both among the most talented business men in their representative countries and will go down in history in business text books just like Henry Ford and Walt Disney.
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the top 25, more than half the entries are women and there are several X-Factor contestants - not just winners - in the list. They include One Direction and Olly Murs.

The full list is below.

1. Kim Kardashian West, £39m

2. Paris Hilton, £36m

3. Levi Roots, £30m

4. Susan Boyle, £22m

6. Cheryl Fernandez Versini, £16m

6. Kelly Clarkson, £16m

7. Jennifer Hudson, £15m

8. One Direction, £14m

9. Leona Lewis, £13m

10. Myleene Klass, £11m

11. Will Young, £10m

12. Nicole Richie, £9m

13. JLS, £7.1m

14. Nicola Roberts and Kimberley Walsh, £7m

15. Craig Phillips, £6.9m

16. Gareth Gates, £6.7m

17. Paul Potts, £6.2m

18. Nadine Coyle and Sarah Harding, £6.1m

19. Thomasina Miers, £5.3m

20. Olly Murs, £5m

21. Shaun Pulfrey, £4.2m

22. Little Mix, £3.8m

23. Abbey Clancy, £3.7m

25. Alexandra Burke, £3.6m

25. Jane McDonald, £3.6m

Last updated Sun 14 Sep 2014
    http://www.itv.com/news/london/2014-09-14/rich-list-released-ranking-reality-stars-wealth/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    These lists are always ridiculous. 1D are worth far, far more than that, and just because Levi Roots once appeared on Dragon's den, it doesn't mean he is rich from being a "reality TV star".
  • Options
    CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won't be long until Dee tops this list.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    CelticMyth wrote: »

Lol, no.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CelticMyth wrote: »
    Has she become manager to them all?
    "I'll just pop your royalties in the safe, my baybeez"
    :o
  • Options
    LeviathainLeviathain Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Donald Trump is as much a reality star as Paris Hilton.

1. Donald Trump $4 Billion