Britney Spears *Appreciation Thread* (Part 2)

Comments

• Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    music critics have always been bias! some of them i never understand and they dont focus on the music itself and much rather the person/celebrity and also can be victimising too!

I mean Metacritic included the reviews from The Mail, Telegraph, Independant etc. the sort that put her down! just unfair :(

ah well, doesnt change it being an Electro-Pop Masterpiece

I can't believe they include TDM there. Of course a deeply conservative paper like that is going to be biased against Britney, who's basically the opposite.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone, I just saw Xtina tweet this:
    http://twitter.com/#!/TheRealXtina/status/52773600196952064

Hey @BritneySpears Congrats on Femme Fatale release! Can't wait to see what you bring in the next video. xo - Xtina

Thought it was really sweet of her! :)

Ahh. :) I always wanted to believe that they genuinely liked each other.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the performances.:)
    She ain't what she used to be, but I'm happy.

Is Carson Daly the really creepy guy who interviewed her at the 2003 VMAs?:eek:

I'm laughing at Kylie saying she wouldn't mind a Britney collaboration. She sings live, but she fails compared to Britney on just about everything else.:D

^^^^ tru dat!!!

and i like them too! they are electrifying! very slick! sure she may not be the performer she once was....like Elvis....he was never the same again! but DAMN she can put on a show and look fantastic!

very highly maintainanced and quality production and Britney just made evryone pass out :cool:

damn i love this album so much! cannot wait for the next video! and when she will FINALLY come to the UK!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Ahh. :) I always wanted to believe that they genuinely liked each other.

Thats nice :)

I remember Christina saying that she actually sent Britney a letter to see how she was getting on! I think this may have been during her breakdown. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe they include TDM there. Of course a deeply conservative paper like that is going to be biased against Britney, who's basically the opposite.

and thank fuuuuuck for that!!!

and yes i always believed that they had a mutual like for each other....well Britney always admired Xtina but vice versa is lovely :)

In the future i would love them to perform together again! it will be very different....i mean they both have gone such different ways! but would love to see them again!

you always hear something new on Femme Fatale! just replaying like craaazaaay!!!
    Forum Member
    Maybe Christina is actually growing up, and paying her peers some respect.
    I don't think they always liked eachother, Britney called her ''Rude'' in an interview in 2004.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think they always liked eachother, Britney called her ''Rude'' in an interview in 2004.

Yeah, because Christina said she mimed and wasn't a proper artist. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like that Xtina tweeted Britney!:) I do like her and LOVED her first 3 albums so I hope she comes back with a really good album again! OMG! Just realised that there needs to be a Britney/Christina duet, a huge club anthem!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

doesnt matter really....i always have loved Christina! it is just the way she rocks and rolls! :cool:

and i hope she doesnt completely grow up, i like her standing her ground!
    Forum Member
    doesnt matter really....i always have loved Christina! it is just the way she rocks and rolls! :cool:

and i hope she doesnt completely grow up, i like her standing her ground!

Being bitchy and standing your ground aren't the same thing.

The same way as I'm bitchy and you're standing your ground here.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -red10laf- wrote: »
    I like that Xtina tweeted Britney!:) I do like her and LOVED her first 3 albums so I hope she comes back with a really good album again! OMG! Just realised that there needs to be a Britney/Christina duet, a huge club anthem!:D

or maybe a ballad that evolves into a club anthem!!! :cool:

Like Donna Summer and Barbara Streisand with Enough Is Enough!

and i love Christina from Stripped onwards....EVEN Bionic!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being bitchy and standing your ground aren't the same thing.

The same way as I'm bitchy and you're standing your ground here.;)

well i know that! but i love a good rift sometimes! not in spite but in fun! :D

and honey....i ALWAYS stand my ground hahahahah!!!!
    Forum Member
    well i know that! but i love a good rift sometimes! not in spite but in fun! :D

and honey....i ALWAYS stand my ground hahahahah!!!!

I know, like that time I said American Life was crap, and then you went on a major rant about why it's good. We were far from ''BFFs'' then!:eek::D:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, like that time I said American Life was crap, and then you went on a major rant about why it's good. We were far from ''BFFs'' then!:eek::D:p

lol u steadily were won over though....i wont have it any other way! :) and we were never FAR from bffs haha ;) AL is good as an album but minimal in direction which is why it is my least fave M album! but hey!

Seal It With A Kiss gives me goosebumps here! LOVE IT!!!!!:D
  • jodiemg :)jodiemg :) Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    I'm loving Selfish at the moment.

''Boom! Boom! Baby, pick you up in mah Mursaydees Ahmma bey a liddle Saylfesh, bey a liddle Saylfesh!''

I love her accent on this song!

I Love Kentwood!:D
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen Britney's 'Good Morning America' mini concert in FULL, and I have got to say it's probably the best she's been on stage for quite a while. Even though her dancing is still very basic I felt an improvement, and there were glimpses in certain parts where she was breakin into moves that we all know and love her for... I just hope the momentum keeps rolling and slowly but surely she will get to the standard she once set for herself.
    ALSO, damn she looked hot especially during the 'Till The World Ends' performance... very sexy!

Overall, she looks more comfortable on stage and it seems she's getting her groove back. Personally I think the more she performs live to audiences the more confidence she will regain.
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    I'm loving Selfish at the moment.

''Boom! Boom! Baby, pick you up in mah Mursaydees Ahmma bey a liddle Saylfesh, bey a liddle Saylfesh!''

I love her accent on this song!

I Love Kentwood!:D

I'm going through this too. I prefer it to some of the album tracks, I think.

In regards to GMA, I disagree. She was better during the Circus era, sadly. (Re-watch and see.)
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Im thinking of selling myself see see Britney :o

:D nah im saving up now :p
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a feeling Britney will be here in the UK within the next 2 weeks or so to promote FEMME FATALE. I sure damn hope so anyway lol!

ALSO I was really excited about Britney co-headling a tour with Enrique Iglesias, two of my favourite popstars on stage together... but I hear Enrique has pulled out of it... such a shame :(
  • jodiemg :)jodiemg :) Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has she actually confirmed shes touring the u.k ?:)
    Forum Member
    umr3000 wrote: »
    I've got a feeling Britney will be here in the UK within the next 2 weeks or so to promote FEMME FATALE. I sure damn hope so anyway lol!

ALSO I was really excited about Britney co-headling a tour with Enrique Iglesias, two of my favourite popstars on stage together... but I hear Enrique has pulled out of it... such a shame :(

I've felt since I heard that BB's just way too big to Co-Headline a Tour, especially with someone like Enrique.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Up N' Down!! :D:D
    Forum Member
    I love Up N' Down!! :D:D

I really feel like there isn't one bad song on this album!:)
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the GMA performances, could do without the Big Fat Bass one, was far to Circus-ish, randomly walking about, stopping for a few seconds, doing not very much then walking off again. On the plus side, loved the mingling of the old tracks.

Til the World Ends and HIAM though were amazing, she wasn't 100% there, but in comparison to the lethargic Circus performances it was head and shoulders above anything she did (including the tour) she seemed to have a bit of energy to her, even in the spinny chair during HIAM she mimed as her back was the crowd (I know it's hardly monumental, but I'm pretty sure Circus Britney wouldn't have bothered miming at that point) parts of it did sound live, particularly at the start of HIAM and to be honest, considering it's going to be autotuned anyway, why not gain a bit more respect by singing live, isn't going to do her any harm.

Loved the whole Chair part of HIAM, she seems totally into it, and could see that having fitted in to any of her pre-circus tours to be honest.

Plus this is show 2, pre-tour, she's got a few gigs this week on TV, then the tour, by that stage I think she'll be back to about 80% of what she was. And then it'll be time for the world to recognise the bitch is officially back, VMAs, September.

I think Britney and FF are going to win BIIIG.
This discussion has been closed.