Options

Bill Turnbull and Sian Williams on Breakfast

klytamnestraklytamnestra Posts: 1,398
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it just me? I find these two utterly unbearable as presenters. I dont know how they get on in real life, but on screen i cannot stand their contrived banter and fake laughing. Bill is a smug ex-Etonian and it shows. I do however LOVE Charlie and Susanna Reid who are great together!:(

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    I don't like any of the Breakfast presenters anymore. Their 'jokes' and just generally being out of touch with the public are unbearable! Always trying to be 'Down with the kids' but then at the same time, trying to be high any mighty.

You can tell they have the BBC telling them to be "balanced" during interviews as it seems so forced it turns into them talking down to the interviewee, be it an MP or Joe Bloggs who has their own opinion!

Still, it's better than having GMTV on!
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me? I find these two utterly unbearable as presenters. I dont know how they get on in real life, but on screen i cannot stand their contrived banter and fake laughing. Bill is a smug ex-Etonian and it shows. I do however LOVE Charlie and Susanna Reid who are great together!:(

Nothing wrong with Bill Turnbull IMO, however Sian Williams is slowly morphing into Nancy Reagan.
    Agree with you on Susanna Reid & Charlie though - Susanna is lovely:p
  • Options
    pierre_gustavepierre_gustave Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are okay actually.
    But no more than that.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Already turned into a Susanna Reid appreciation thread! Wonderfully inevitable whenever BBC Breakfast is mentioned - Let the perving commence! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Already turned into a Susanna Reid appreciation thread! Wonderfully inevitable whenever BBC Breakfast is mentioned - Let the perving commence! :D

I know:p, never miss a chance to extoll the virtues of Miss Reid.
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lovely Sian (TM) "slowly morphing into Nancy Reagan"?! :eek: :eek: :mad: How very dare you?!

I laughed lots this morning, with Bill and Sian getting embarassed about Beyonce's winnign song title.

Bill is always warm and natural. There's something cuddly uncleish about Bill. The Lovely Sian (TM) has got a bit spikier since she came back from maternity, but she's still a real favourite. They're a TV Dream Team for me ...
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather watch these two then serious smug presenters on ITV
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lovely Sian (TM) "slowly morphing into Nancy Reagan"?! :eek: :eek: :mad: How very dare you?!

I laughed lots this morning, with Bill and Sian getting embarassed about Beyonce's winnign song title.

Bill is always warm and natural. There's something cuddly uncleish about Bill. The Lovely Sian (TM) has got a bit spikier since she came back from maternity, but she's still a real favourite. They're a TV Dream Team for me ...

Oh come now she is looking a bit too scrawny these days. She's got that 'Ooh I've just had a whole lettuce leaf for breakfast' look.
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JonSend wrote: »
    Their 'jokes' and just generally being out of touch with the public are unbearable! Always trying to be 'Down with the kids' but then at the same time, trying to be high any mighty.

Not suprising to learn that she is married to a BBC executive in Current Affairs and Business programmes
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    She looked absolutely stunningly sexy on Saturday morning - dark hair, red lipstick, and black (see-through in parts) top, with just the right amount of jewellery ......
  • Options
    girlfrommarsgirlfrommars Posts: 2,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would watch BBC breakfast whoever was presenting, although I do prefer Susanna and Charlie.
    I can't abide the shambles of a programe or any of the presenters on GMTV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How do you mean, "spikier"?

They are my dream team. Very surprised by the support for Charlie & Suze. like them too but they do lack a the natural warmth that B&S have.

I think the people who find them annoying just don't get their sense of humour that stems from how close they are as friends. Their loss, I love them.

Charlie & Susanna < Bill & Sian!!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way prefer Bll and Sian over Charlie and Susannah - Charlie in particular extends and rephrases his questions so much that the interviewee has no time to reply, and if they do answer he just goes ok and moves on to the next oh my god look at me how clever am I question - what is the point of asking them questions without listening to the answer. I would love someone to tell him that they are an alien in the middle of an answer and see if he blinks or just says ok and what about my other clever take on something - my guess is the latter!

AAAAh - always watch breakfast as long as he isn't on. Turn it off if he is.
    As for Susannah - she is ok but another one who accepts the answer almost with a tick on a sheet and moves on.

Bill and Sian rule!
  • Options
    tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »
    Oh come now she is looking a bit too scrawny these days. She's got that 'Ooh I've just had a whole lettuce leaf for breakfast' look.

Yes, and is it just me, but I noticed a while ago that depending on which way she sits, her head sometimes looks way too big for her body. For a time, it was really noticeable and made her look deformed.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont mind Sian & Bill, except when he goes on about Strictly Come Dancing every day!
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tartan18 wrote: »
    Yes, and is it just me, but I noticed a while ago that depending on which way she sits, her head sometimes looks way too big for her body. For a time, it was really noticeable and made her look deformed.

She looks to me as if she could do with a square meal - is she anorexic ?
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    She looks to me as if she could do with a square meal - is she anorexic ?

Didnt she have a baby a while ago?.

So many beeb girls have had kids, so if she hasnt...:o
  • Options
    No WayNo Way Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    I would prefer the programme if Charlie presented it on his own .He is such a hottie and we could have Tomaz in his skimpy shorts bringing us the weather.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    She looked absolutely stunningly sexy on Saturday morning - dark hair, red lipstick, and black (see-through in parts) top, with just the right amount of jewellery ......

Indeed she did, it looked like she about to attend a dinner party - she looked very VERY nice!
    I wonder what type of lingerie she wears:p
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Didnt she have a baby a while ago?.

So many beeb girls have had kids, so if she hasnt...:o

She's had about four kids, the fourth one fairly recently, but when not pregnant she generally looks on the thin side - a bit of a lollipop head, even.

Turnbull reminds me of a Thunderbirds puppet......and somebody should inform him that he hasn't appeared on SCD for five years. :yawn:
  • Options
    pixiepoppetpixiepoppet Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    The_abbott wrote: »
    I'd rather watch these two then serious smug presenters on ITV
    Hear Hear!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Awww I love Bill. He is a sweetie. The sort of bloke you could adopt as your dad :cool:

They are great!:D
  • Options
    klytamnestraklytamnestra Posts: 1,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Way wrote: »
    I would prefer the programme if Charlie presented it on his own .He is such a hottie and we could have Tomaz in his skimpy shorts bringing us the weather.;)

Now thats just dirty!!:eek:
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Way wrote: »
    and we could have Tomaz in his skimpy shorts bringing us the weather.;)

now thats more like it :D
  • Options
    Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree 100% with this.
    The worst time is the 2 minutes or so when they 'chat together' before handing over to regional news bulletins.
    I have to switch the sound off...Turnbill waves his arms around like a 4 year old and Sian 'ET' Williams just oozes fakeness. Eugh...get rid BBC.