1192021222325»

Comments

• Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The series is extremely better then the book
    I love the books normally in preference but not this one

really??! IM really surprised at that as Stephan King is a good author where as this series was real nonsense though i must admit i watched every episode as id invested time in it!

i do want to read the book to see what i think,in which way did you think the book was worse?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    really??! IM really surprised at that as Stephan King is a good author where as this series was real nonsense though i must admit i watched every episode as id invested time in it!

i do want to read the book to see what i think,in which way did you think the book was worse?

The book is much much MUCH better.

You invest in the characters...they are developed to the point where you actually care about them.
    There's alot more going on...no filler.
    Its the biggest book I've ever read but I struggled to put it down. I'm not the biggest reader...but the book is so so so much better then the series.

In fact I've been looking forward to the series since it was announced over 2 years ago...and I could not be any more disappointed
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    The book is much much MUCH better.

You invest in the characters...they are developed to the point where you actually care about them.
    There's alot more going on...no filler.
    Its the biggest book I've ever read but I struggled to put it down. I'm not the biggest reader...but the book is so so so much better then the series.

In fact I've been looking forward to the series since it was announced over 2 years ago...and I could not be any more disappointed

oh thank you,as a massive book reader i read every night on my kindle so i did think the book would be better as they often are aren't they?
    ive watched alot of films and read the books and i can honestly say Imo books are always better ;)
  • Options
    SapphicGrrlSapphicGrrl Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwertyell wrote: »
    It's fascinatingly rubbish. I can't look away.
    I love that. It applies to half the stuff I watch on TV. :D (Help, my brain cells are turning to marshmallow! But I don't care!)
  • Options
    MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    I read the book before I started the tv show. It was weird how some things were the same and then other parts morphed into bits from the book. I can see why they changed things and I really can't see them doing the ending of the book. I don't think that they would have the budget for that.

The tv show is ok, a bit better than some of the crap that gets made.

I would recommend the book, probably one of the longest that i have ever read. I prefer to think of the tv show being in a parallel universe
  • Options
    roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Which is 10 miles wide.

There was a scene last night when Jim was talking in the Hall, to all the people - the ceiling looked like the Choco biscuits that 'sponsor' the programme, it freaked me out.:eek:

Fun episode last night - liked Angie driving the Ambulance...and the Mini Dome with the Egg, in the Bedroom.:cool:

Linda is a fool.:confused:
    I liked the DJ.:(

This is another ghing that gets me with lots of tv shows, Barbie casually saying he'll hotwire the ambulance, what rubbish as without tools you can't break a steering lock + any vehicle less than about 20yrs old you'll be beaten by the immobiliser.

The days of reaching under the dash, pulling out a few wires, twisting them together, to start the engine and away you go are long gone.
  • Options
    strangerstillstrangerstill Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    This is another ghing that gets me with lots of tv shows, Barbie casually saying he'll hotwire the ambulance, what rubbish as without tools you can't break a steering lock + any vehicle less than about 20yrs old you'll be beaten by the immobiliser.

The days of reaching under the dash, pulling out a few wires, twisting them together, to start the engine and away you go are long gone.

This bugs me in lots of programmes, and in major films.
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    The tv series was the biggest pile of sh!t on tv this year
    far from it
    it was one of the best
    I take it you don't watch songs of praise, atlantis or eastenders for example
    Ella71110 wrote: »

I didn't find it nonsense which was a surprise as I expected it to be as ok as other series that I watch but don't get too drawn into.
    I read the book when it was first out and enjoyed it so I read some of it after the series and couldn't enjoy it as much as the series - that's the only reason, it was interesting seeing some of the same characters but with totally different fates
  • Options
    yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am watching the Dome in German! I find it hard to see Hank from Breaking Bad as a lead actor in another Programme, so quickly after Breaking Bad finished. Don't they have enough actors in Hollywood? It seems you see the same Group of actors going from one Show to another. Story is a bit daft but I am hanging in there. I do not understand why Barbie killed the doctor, surely not just over a Card game? He appears to be ex.military but it has not been stated if he is or not (or did I miss it in Translation!!!). I think Junior wears much too much pink lipstick? No idea what the make up People feel the Need to make him look like a Clown. Cannot believe that his girlfriend, after being abductor by Junior walks into a near rape and murder in the local cafe. Talk about bad luck!!!! Why has Alice ridiculously large black glasses? I fear this will be like LOST when we all wondered after the Show ended why we bothered to watch the whole Thing in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not all of us. Some of us actually enjoyed Lost.

As someone who has read the book of UTD I quite enjoyed this series. Yes it has it's stupid bits but it's far from the worst thing on TV at the moment.
  • Options
    F2kSelF2kSel Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Even worse are handcuffs, to release them you just stick any old bit of wire in and they fall off quicker than using a key.

At least Barbies actually stayed on in the last episode which made a change.
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a fan of King I find that whenever he allows people to make films or series of his novels they are never as good as the book although the 2007 mini series of the shining was brilliant but I believe that's because he had more of a hand in the production. The last big Stephen King read was Dreamcatcher. I read the book before the film and the film disappointed me terribly. It was nothing like I imagined.