cwickham wrote: »
    Just to restate what we know for sure

Abbey & Aljaz - American Smooth or Argentine Tango / Samba
    Ashley & Ola - Argentine Tango or Foxtrot / Charleston
    Natalie & Artem - Argentine Tango or Foxtrot / Salsa
    Patrick & Anya - Argentine Tango or Waltz / Paso Doble
    Sophie & Brendan - American Smooth / Paso Doble or Salsa
    Susanna & Kevin - Foxtrot / Rumba or Salsa

Well Susanna has to have the Foxtrot, which might mean that Nat has the AT.
    Sophie has to have the American Smooth, which means Abbey may also have the AT.

2 ATs then? I don't think they'd give Abbey the AS after having the VW this week.

Ashly - Charleston and probably the Foxtrot - which means two Foxtrots.

Patrick has to have the Paso - which means Sophie will most likely do a salsa as her 2nd dance.
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I hope so bad Sophie gets 10s for her American Smooth, cos I don't think her salsa will be great if she has that.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they are still in the competition, I really hope that Abbey does the Argentine Tango. I will be really disappointed if not :(.
    However, I have a horrible feeling that she will probably get the American smooth mostly for a direct comparison with Sophie's American smooth.

We haven't seen an amazing AT so far and I think that Abbey can totally pull it off and it's my favorite dance so....:cool::)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    If they are still in the competition, I really hope that Abbey does the Argentine Tango. I will be really disappointed if not :(.
    However, I have a horrible feeling that she will probably get the American smooth mostly for a direct comparison with Sophie's American smooth.

We haven't seen an amazing AT so far and I think that Abbey can totally pull it off and it's my favorite dance so....:cool::)

I think she'll get the AT, the show will want a Natalie vs Abbey AT showdown :) Plus we've only had 2 ATs this season...
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why will Sophie do a ballroom for third week in a row??? she will get latinn
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do they have to do 2 dances ???
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Won't it be more than one dance though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Becky245 wrote: »
    I think she'll get the AT, the show will want a Natalie vs Abbey AT showdown :) Plus we've only had 2 ATs this season...

I really hope so.
    I've waited for an Argentine Tango from Abbey all season :p;-):).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    do they have to do 2 dances ???

Yes.it's the semi final :). One Latin, one ballroom :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won't it be more than one dance though

I would have thought so - one ballroom and one latin?
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My guesses as to what everyone will be doing:

Abbey & Aljaz - American Smooth / Samba
    Ashley & Ola - Argentine Tango / Charleston
    Natalie & Artem - Argentine Tango / Salsa
    Patrick & Anya - Waltz / Paso Doble
    Sophie & Brendan - American Smooth / Paso Doble
    Susanna & Kevin - Foxtrot / Salsa
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you're right, then it will be interesting to compare the Pasos and Salsas. I don't think I'm looking forward to any of the ATs. :D
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member

Which would mean Natalie and Sophie going against the rest of the field (in terms of dances).

Will be interesting to see the possible showdown between Abbey and Sophie (not so much the AS, but more the overall score; even with that themed salsa in mind, I can't see Abbey getting one up on Sophie in regards to the latin).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But surely they won't give Abbey an American smooth after her VW this week :confused: it's a bit too samey imo. Ugh I hope not !!!

I think that the Paso could suit Sophie more. I can't see her pulling a great salsa. Plus I love Brendan's paso choreography :cool:.
    She will be stunning in the American smooth too :)
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    The American Smooth HAS to be Sophie's time to pull out all the stops, no holding back. I also hope she can hold on to the Paso and not the Salsa.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do hope Abbey gets AT!
  • Joely BJoely B Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I just hope someone different is picking the music for all this ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the remaining AT's will get decent music I bet
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    But surely they won't give Abbey an American smooth after her VW this week :confused: it's a bit too samey imo. Ugh I hope not !!!

An American Smooth can be danced utterly differently to a Viennese Waltz as it can be based on any of the five ballroom dance styles. A Quickstep AS would look totally different to a VW one, same with a Foxtrot or Tango based one. Only a VW or Waltz based AS should give the same vibe as a plain VW.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies if this is old news, but according to the BBC site's synopsis there -will- be a dance-off.
  • nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malik24 wrote: »
    Apologies if this is old news, but according to the BBC site's synopsis there -will- be a dance-off.

They shouldn't do one in the semis. It basically means we know who will come last in the final! It's probably the only way for them to get at least one guy in the final though.
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nigel12 wrote: »
    They shouldn't do one in the semis. It basically means we know who will come last in the final! It's probably the only way for them to get at least one guy in the final though.
    That will depend partly on who is in the dance-off.

Based on the judges' likes/dislikes, if Sophie is in the dance-off, then no matter who she's up against, no matter how well or badly she does in comparison to the other contestant, she'll be out. Whereas if Abbey is in the dance-off, no matter who she's up against (even Natalie), no matter how well or badly she does in comparison to the other contestant, she'll be saved. For the others, it will depend entirely on who they're up against. If Patrick (who is the judges' favourite male contestant this year and therefore the male contestant they'd most want to see in the final) is up against any of Susanna, Sophie or Ashley, he'll probably be saved. If he's up against either Natalie or Abbey, he might not be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Sophie's American smooth will get her tens. If it's anything like an improved version of her foxtrot in week 4 and some lifts that we know brendan and Sophie can pull off, it will be great.

Anyone notice the lack of lifts in the swingathon last night?
  • Mrs-MopMrs-Mop Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hope ths is right for Sophie and Brendan. I don't think she would do a good salsa at all :(

I also feel that Sophie and Brendan will not get the judges vote if in the dance off.

Both appear to have their own tours early next year so won't be doing the SCD TOUR. Would the PTB be happy with a tour that does not include the winner (should Sophie avoid the DDO and secure the viewers votes in the final):o?:(
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Becky245 wrote: »
    I think Sophie's American smooth will get her tens. If it's anything like an improved version of her foxtrot in week 4 and some lifts that we know brendan and Sophie can pull off, it will be great.

Anyone notice the lack of lifts in the swingathon last night?
    Exactly, her AS is likely to be great. The question is which dance do the couples repeat? If it is their highest scoring one, then Sophie still has a chance (at least against one of the men).