Options

Harry potter fans - what are you doing tonight?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,148
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I apologise for yet another harry potter thread :)

What are you guys doing tonight to celebrate the release of the new book? I was going to go to borders for the midnight release - but you had to preorder a book to go so in the end i didnt bother cus im getting it for a fiver at asda tomorrow lol

Anyone doing or going to any parties with a HP theme? Going to a midnight release? Discuss...

Comments

• Options
    FatwazFatwaz Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shouldn't harry potter fans be in bed by 9pm? :p
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NAF wrote: »

What are you guys doing tonight to celebrate the release of the new book? I was going to go to borders for the midnight release - but you had to preorder a book to go so in the end i didnt bother cus im getting it for a fiver at asda tomorrow lol

Anyone doing or going to any parties with a HP theme? Going to a midnight release? Discuss...

Are you serious that you had to pre-order the book? :eek:
    I thought it was just a general release?

Oh dear I am going to be in trouble as the plan was tonight to go and see the film (tickets booked) which will finish at 11.30 and then nip over to Borders and pick up the book.

Crap - I suppose it is far too late to pre-order it now?? :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Need to get as much sleep as possible, in order to read it all in one go, then start again!
  • Options
    a_asbestosa_asbestos Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you serious that you had to pre-order the book? :eek:
    I thought it was just a general release?

Oh dear I am going to be in trouble as the plan was tonight to go and see the film (tickets booked) which will finish at 11.30 and then nip over to Borders and pick up the book.

Crap - I suppose it is far too late to pre-order it now?? :cry:

you'll get one but may have to pay full whack - try and pop along and pre-order, i just did mine to go back later
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a_asbestos wrote: »
    you'll get one but may have to pay full whack - try and pop along and pre-order, i just did mine to go back later

What's the difference in price? I will try to pop along after work although as long as I can get the book I'll be a happy bunny (obviously the cheaper the better of course!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ill be at the waterstones in liverpool awaiting the book, cant wait, dont want it to ever end lol, sounds pathetic really
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be asleep, was thinking last year about going at 12am but just did not, ordered my amazon copy and will be huddled in bed when all others will prob be in the cold night :-) Hope it does not rain for you all!
    Tomorrow morning, comes through the letter box, hope the postman is up early!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its bucketing it down here in Preston! Glad im not going now :D
  • Options
    roniftoronifto Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me, my 2 daughters and my neice won tickets to go to London to meet JK Rowling in the Natural History Museum tonight at 3am! I am now in an internet cafe at Earls Court telling you this. :D My daughter who is an uber Potter fan has gone quiet with shock as she loves these books so much! :eek:
  • Options
    digipersondigiperson Posts: 4,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will watch the live webcast at www.bloomsbury.com at midnight, then sleep, wake up at about 8am waiting for my book to arrive. :)

digiperson
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll wait for the paperback thanks....oh wait wrong thread, this is for people who give a shit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me, my 2 daughters and my neice won tickets to go to London to meet JK Rowling in the Natural History Museum tonight at 3am! I am now in an internet cafe at Earls Court telling you this. My daughter who is an uber Potter fan has gone quiet with shock as she loves these books so much!

You're SO lucky! Tell her i said hi! :D lol
    I will watch the live webcast at www.bloomsbury.com at midnight, then sleep, wake up at about 8am waiting for my book to arrive.

digiperson

Thanks for that link - what will be happening in the webcast?
    I'll wait for the paperback thanks....oh wait wrong thread, this is for people who give a shit.

Yup. It kind of is. Bye, bye. :)
  • Options
    denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sleeping, ill get it tommorow morning.
  • Options
    ComputerComputer Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having a normal night tonight and gonna go round town tommoz to see if there are any left. Probs will coz I live in a small place.
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we make this thread into a HP launch party thread..... I need some like minded people to talk to until the launch tonight. Lol

I'm sad I know
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lala that's not sad at all! Infact i was hoping that this thread could be something like that. Im not even a huge HP fan but even im excited about tonight lol

Will there be a special show on TV about the release of the book like there was in 2005 were ITV screened JKR Reading a chapter of book 6 on its midnight release?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    btw if you press red on BBC 1 there is (or atleast there was today at 5:00pm) a programme were JKR is answering some kiddies questions - thought you might be interested :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    I wanted to go to a shop at midnight and buy it just to enjoy the atmosphere but unfortunately I was unable to do it.

Tomorrow I will get one for £5 at ASDA, but I am paranoid that they will be sold out
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why were you unable to?
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to the 24hr Asda (was meant to be the Tesco Extra until I read you had to spend £50 to get the book for a fiver) about half 11 to get my book for a fiver.
    Then home and read about half of it methinks.
    Can't wait although I can't quite remember Half Blood Prince lol Only read it twice when it was released and gave my pal a shot a few weeks ago. Don't care though, I hate waiting.

Can't believe Borders are making pre-orders there are always hundreds left in the bookshops come 5 o clock tomorrow, plus Supermarkets are selling it for less than a third of what Borders are charging and most definetely will have hundreds of them
  • Options
    AuntiePinkAuntiePink Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    I'm taking the kids to an event, starts at 10.30 for a midnight opening and they're laying on entertainment and quizzes while we wait. It's in a mall so nice and dry!

I've always had them delivered before but as this is the last one I thought I'd treat the kids to the whole atmosphere.

Oh ok, it's just an excuse to dress up as Tonks really!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZOMG less than three hours to go! :D

digiperson
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can someone help me? How do i get onto that webcast on the Bloomsbury website?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can someone help me? How do i get onto that webcast on the Bloomsbury website?

Log in here from 23:50 tonight: http://dl.groovygecko.net/anon.groovy/clients/bloomsbury/bl01.html

ZOMG SQUEE! :D:D

Ahem. :p

digiperson
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Digiperson! .... A question - sorry to sound dumb - what does ZOMG mean? :D