Forum Member
    Camino wrote: »
    Ola has been stitched up

Can't say the same for her outfits
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We live in hope for next year- as well as this year! The unexpectedly nice Paul absolutely gobsmacked me- he was my first to go before the show! I think she will bring out the best in him.

Same, he was my pick to go first, that's why I was so upset the past few days as I knew he'd have to get Ola or Flavia!

But I think Ola is by far the better choice for him - the pressure's off because she is a champion, and she's known for being a tough teacher (when she has to be!). She won't take any nonsense from him and I think that'll really help him. I expect a very simple Waltz or Cha Cha, she doesn't need to push the boat out with choreography, but if she can get him to learn the steps, he's a trained performer, and he might not be too bad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same, he was my pick to go first, that's why I was so upset the past few days as I knew he'd have to get Ola or Flavia!

But I think Ola is by far the better choice for him - the pressure's off because she is a champion, and she's known for being a tough teacher (when she has to be!). She won't take any nonsense from him and I think that'll really help him. I expect a very simple Waltz or Cha Cha, she doesn't need to push the boat out with choreography, but if she can get him to learn the steps, he's a trained performer, and he might not be too bad.

At least we can rely on her for good choreography for her celeb- she is a star at that! Flavia did well with Craig last year too with this aspect- but she was hampered by him not getting the joke as it were!

She needs to be a James about this- he seems very good at making sure his celeb has a sound basic technique for each dance. I know he gets a lot of flack on here but the judges and other pros always praise him.
  • Options
    dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    Off topic, i didn't want to open a thread

Why is Strictly for celebs? I normally only know 3 at the most, is it a ratings thing?
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ola is a very skilled teacher and choreographer. Consider how far she has gone with some very poor material, finally proving her detractors wrong by winning with Chris last year. Ola will probably manage to get Paul through more of the competition than anyone else would.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least we can rely on her for good choreography for her celeb- she is a star at that! Flavia did well with Craig last year too with this aspect- but she was hampered by him not getting the joke as it were!

She needs to be a James about this- he seems very good at making sure his celeb has a sound basic technique for each dance. I know he gets a lot of flack on here but the judges and other pros always praise him.

I'm a huge fan of both the Jordans, so he doesn't get any flack from me :) I think Ola will realise that she doesn't need to teach Paul too many steps, she'll just be as clever with her choreography as she always is, and entertaining too I hope, I don't think she needs to take it too seriously. And hopefully they can get through a few weeks :)
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cha Cha song: It's Magic by Pilot? :D
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a huge fan of both the Jordans, so he doesn't get any flack from me :) I think Ola will realise that she doesn't need to teach Paul too many steps, she'll just be as clever with her choreography as she always is, and entertaining too I hope, I don't think she needs to take it too seriously. And hopefully they can get through a few weeks :)

That, and wear a strip of fabric and dance round a stationary Paul. I hope :D
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    I don't get all the Paul Daniels hate on here....

I agree that he's an irritating little toe rag, with almost as many stupid catchphrases as Brucie, but he is VERY good at what he does, and from a quick read of his blog, he is under no illusions as to his dancing abilities - he KNOWS he is old, stiff and unfit but at least he looks as though he is trying to improve his fitness levels.

He did surprisingly well in the group dance, was absolutely lovely to Ola at the reveal (and he knew perfectly well she was the reigning champ - they had been in training for the group dance for 3 days - no way did he NOT know!)

Like most of the other oldies we have had on the show, he will probably be awful at Latin - but he is a trained performer so I can see him being able to get over any inhibitions he might have.

I still don't particularly like him or his act but on the basis of what we have seen of him on SCD so far, I'm beginning to think he might yet surprise us all - and Ola has always got the best out of her no hopers and helped them last longer than they should have.

I had her and Chris down to be first out last year - shows how much i knew.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not totally sold on Paul's character, but Paul & Ola seem to be about the only ones without an Appreciation thread atm - Mrs Jordan at least deserves one, as does that lovely moment at the reveal! :)
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not totally sold on Paul's character, but Paul & Ola seem to be about the only ones without an Appreciation thread atm - Mrs Jordan at least deserves one, as does that lovely moment at the reveal! :)
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1350619 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭