Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They tweet funny stuff, thoughts etc, little mixs twitter is basically promo
    + individual accounts

You mean the Little Mix Twitter is not interactive enough? Not random enough?
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    You mean the Little Mix Twitter is not interactive enough? Not random enough?

How many of their tweets would you retweet on your personal twitter? People usually retweet things from celebrities which are funny or opinions, thoughts, no one's gonna retweet jade saying "I love you mixers nanite xx" etc, thats why I always say having personal accounts would help them big their online profile, their personalities... theyre really funny

edit: I guess what I mean is they don't use their twitter account as a twitter, they only basically use it as a promo tool and way to interact with fans, while twitter has proven itself to be a great way to make non fans like artists because of how they think or their humor

38 (+1)
    LITTLE MIX
    Black Magic
    SPINS 1416 (+67)
    BULLET 392 (+13)
    AUD 4.200 (+0.067)
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    Black magic finally charts in New Zealand at 37
  • DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yess BM has matched Move on radio and it only took just over two weeks to do it plus they haven't even visited yet.
  • Stardust11Stardust11 Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davem1234 wrote: »
    I see they have added another tour date for glasgow

YES! Adding extra dates due to the demand is something I'll take over retweets any day.

I may have to buy tickets for the second night. I've actually had a few messages from different people asking me if I want to go. The fanbase is growing :D
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many of their tweets would you retweet on your personal twitter? People usually retweet things from celebrities which are funny or opinions, thoughts, no one's gonna retweet jade saying "I love you mixers nanite xx" etc, thats why I always say having personal accounts would help them big their online profile, their personalities... theyre really funny

edit: I guess what I mean is they don't use their twitter account as a twitter, they only basically use it as a promo tool and way to interact with fans, while twitter has proven itself to be a great way to make non fans like artists because of how they think or their humor

38 (+1)
    LITTLE MIX
    Black Magic
    SPINS 1416 (+67)
    BULLET 392 (+13)
    AUD 4.200 (+0.067)

I agree, they definitely need to use their own personal accounts. I really don't understand why they don't? It would really benefit them in the long run. I can't think of any current band at the moment that don't have personal accounts on Twitter aside from Little Mix.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many of their tweets would you retweet on your personal twitter? People usually retweet things from celebrities which are funny or opinions, thoughts,

They already do that on their Instagrams though.
    Stardust11 wrote: »
    YES! Adding extra dates due to the demand is something I'll take over retweets any day.

I may have to buy tickets for the second night. I've actually had a few messages from different people asking me if I want to go. The fanbase is growing :D

Its your duty to go Stardust. You are their security blanket to attending.
    Forum Member
    They already do that on their Instagrams though.

Sure but on instagram youd have to follow them to see it, and its not the same + people who would be ashamed to follow them on twitter could still ocasionally retweet things... I remember they once had individual accounts but they gave up because Perrie had way more followers? Or am I crazy? I dont think this should stop them tbh, they could benefit so much
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit silly people moaning at 1D for releasing their new single lol. Surely it was a given it would shoot straight to #1 on iTunes when it was released?
  • Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do I get tickets to the matinee show for Glasgow? Is seeing them twice in one day too much?:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    Bit silly people moaning at 1D for releasing their new single lol. Surely it was a given it would shoot straight to #1 on iTunes when it was released?

It was the timing. We would have liked LM to get #1 for a fourth week this week.

I'm curious to see how 1D does on a pure surprise release.
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was the timing. We would have liked LM to get #1 for a fourth week this week.

I'm curious to see how 1D does on a pure surprise release.

I would think the timing is deliberate. I cannot see how Little Mix would have sustained number one next week anyway, now they will be replaced by Sycos other mainstream pop group, which will go down great in the industry press, 4 weeks minimum of Syco at number one in the UK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LM would have had a good shot since there were at the time very few new releases as contenders for Top 10 and the current songs were selling weakly. As it is if 1D only gets 70k in sales, they will nab #1 this week.

As it is, Syco had the #1 in both the US and the UK the last few weeks because of Cheerleader and Black Magic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wiki sez the Hydro has a capacity of 13,000 and LM added that other show. Are they using the full arena??? The Manchester date last year only used the 8000 seat configuration.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    I think a forth week at #1 is being a bit too optimistic. Sigma would probably snatch it anyway let alone 1D.

I think this 1D OA/OS release is more to do with Zayn's statement yesterday than anything else.

Re the Twitter issue, they did have separate personal accounts way way back if any fans are old enough to remember. They stopped that because apparently Jesy was receiving too much abuse. Their personalities are showing on their Instagram now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Not surprised to see another show for Glasgow, I was going through tickets last night and it was down to just a handful of seats in the worst few sections. Curious there's no second date in Bournemouth or (particularly) Cardiff. Also curious they haven't mentioned it at all.

Didn't see any other venues where a second date is likely soon. A lot of the other arenas the top tier is maybe 1/3-1/2 sold with handfuls of seats in the rear of the lower sections as well. Still a big advance from their last tour, and hopefully most of those will fill up nicely with holiday sales.

I've been thinking it's time they all get personal Twitter accounts and make an effort to say something a few times day. They all cancelled theirs back in the early days because of the abuse Perrie (and Jesy?) were taking. But I think they can handle it now. Not the end of the world if they don't, but I think they're missing out on a bit of a boost by not doing it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesy never had a Twitter account. They consolidated after Perrie began dating Mr. Z.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    I just heard the new 1D song it's rather good, I'm not bothered if it's the official #1 this week :blush:
    Forum Member
    Really? I liked most of their previous one but this single sounds like a rushed demo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #28 Aston Merrygold
    #29 Disclosure
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah they're no 1 again
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah they're no 1 again

So how many posters predicted BM at #1 for three weeks?
    Forum Member
    albeit on insipid sales of just 59,877 copies, including 19,742 from streaming.
  • DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PURE SALES: LW TW 46,922 40,135 I'd say that's pretty good not a drastic decline
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LM would have had a good shot since there were at the time very few new releases as contenders for Top 10 and the current songs were selling weakly. As it is if 1D only gets 70k in sales, they will nab #1 this week.

As it is, Syco had the #1 in both the US and the UK the last few weeks because of Cheerleader and Black Magic.

Do you mean they as in 1D or they as in Little Mix?

Also I don't think LM sales this week were insipid at all.
This discussion has been closed.