BEEB's Royal Death announcement is changed

FOXPRESIDENTFOXPRESIDENT Posts: 4,144
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well I know this should really go in Broadcasting, but I felt it merited a discussion in GD.

Daily Mail (I don't often read it) have apparently downgraded various senior royals and other heads of states when it comes to announcing their death.

Currrently the revised ellite list now stands as

HM Queen
Prince Philip
Prince of Wales
Prince William

Whom if dies will trigger a simultaneous interuption accross all the BBC's Network and Local Radio and TV services (like they did when Queen Mom died).

The other list which was known as category 2, has gone and now known as the notable list which include the Prime Minster, Prince Harry, Princess Ann, Prince Andrew and the Earl of Wessex, leader of the oposition party and President of the USA, the new list also include other notable figures including Mohammed Ali and Bob Dylan.

Those in the new list will be treated as Major Breaking news but the ammount of coverage will depend on the circumstances and public interest.

Online Link

To be honest I think this is better, although as much i hate to say this I do think PM, Harry and who ever is the current President of the USA should be in it.

But on saying that, the last one would be all over the news channels and the internet in mintues anyway!

Comments

• Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I know this should really go in Broadcasting, but I felt it merited a discussion in GD.

Daily Mail (I don't often read it) have apparently downgraded various senior royals and other heads of states when it comes to announcing their death.

Currrently the revised ellite list now stands as

HM Queen
    Prince Philip
    Prince of Wales
    Prince William

Whom if dies will trigger a simultaneous interuption accross all the BBC's Network and Local Radio and TV services (like they did when Queen Mom died).

The other list which was known as category 2, has gone and now known as the notable list which include the Prime Minster, Prince Harry, Princess Ann, Prince Andrew and the Earl of Wessex, leader of the oposition party and President of the USA, the new list also include other notable figures including Mohammed Ali and Bob Dylan.

Those in the new list will be treated as Major Breaking news but the ammount of coverage will depend on the circumstances and public interest.

Online Link

To be honest I think this is better, although as much i hate to say this I do think PM, Harry and who ever is the current President of the USA should be in it.

But on saying that, the last one would be all over the news channels and the internet in mintues anyway!

I agree that the PM or the US President should come under Category 1 ???
  • Sleepy HollowSleepy Hollow Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harry is not a Royal hence why he has been dropped, Strange to see PM & President has been demoted though.
  • trevalyantrevalyan Posts: 7,705
    Forum Member
    why isn't Bruce Forsythe on the elite list?
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It isn't the death annoucement that is the problem, it is the weeks of bs that gets put on our screens after the death. Everything get plastered in our faces from a bio to their top 10 favourite songs.

I am just glad that I have 1000's of songs to listen to & a sh!tload of dvd's to watch. As when the queen kicks the bucket, you won't be able to turn on the tv, without her mug on there. If you think it was bad when Diana was bumped off by her former Mother in Law. Then it is going to be a whole lot worst when the Xmasday yawnfest passes.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er Yay.

I'd rather wait until the 6 o clock news anyway.

I don't like any celebrities, all the MP's are criminals and I don't like the Royal Family.

They should wait their turn on TV - I don't want Casualty or anything else interrupted.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry is not a Royal hence why he has been dropped, Strange to see PM & President has been demoted though.

Prince Henry of Wales isn't a royal? Since when :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't the death annoucement that is the problem, it is the weeks of bs that gets put on our screens after the death. Everything get plastered in our faces from a bio to their top 10 favourite songs.

I am just glad that I have 1000's of songs to listen to & a sh!tload of dvd's to watch. As when the queen kicks the bucket, you won't be able to turn on the tv, without her mug on there. If you think it was bad when Diana was bumped off by her former Mother in Law. Then it is going to be a whole lot worst when the Xmasday yawnfest passes.

I think you're wrong actually - The Queen is fairly advanced in years and, whilst she is is rude health at the moment, her demise, when it comes, is likely to be well signposted and expected.

Diana's death was a huge shock and she was very young and had two young children. Plus there was the "soap opera" life she led. None of that applies to QEll.

And she doesn't have the showbiz friends that Diana had, who were all to willing to spill the beans on their conversations and so on. It would all be much more discreet and respectful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Prince Henry of Wales isn't a royal? Since when :eek:

Oh let's not go there..... please ................
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    Prince Harry should definately be on the 1st list as well.
  • Sharpie MarkerSharpie Marker Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a great idea as I can't wait for the announcement of their passing and want to hear about it immediately.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh let's not go there..... please ................

Oh, is that what they meant then? I really hate that stupid rumour :(

Funnily enough when I was watching the Brits the other night it occured to me that Harry is really starting to resemble Charlie now - thats a really GOOD thing, but also a really BAD thing :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiffani wrote: »
    Prince Harry should definately be on the 1st list as well.

I don't think he should - they have the Monarch and the two heirs - they don't need it to go any further. If anything were to happen to Charles or William then Harry would move up to category 1.
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm amazed they've forgotten to put Jordan on their list. I'm sure she'll try and fake something or get something surgically enhanced as soon as she hears Liz is on her way out anyway. Can't have those pesky royals stealing her column inches.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

harry is a royal

A foreign president should never be cat 1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    I'm amazed they've forgotten to put Jordan on their list. I'm sure she'll try and fake something or get something surgically enhanced as soon as she hears Liz is on her way out anyway. Can't have those pesky royals stealing her column inches.

Surely Peter took those with him when they parted company ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FluffyEgg wrote: »
    harry is a royal

A foreign president should never be cat 1

The US President is not JUST " a foreign president "
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I beg to differ.

I hate the way everything in America is 'Breaking news' to us

When on earth do they give a shit what goes on here.

Who here gives a shit what goes on there?

America isn't centre of the world!

:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Essentially he is. Nothing more that the Presidents of China, India, Russia etc...

But Britain's fallen in love America, we should replace Mexico with the UK.

Yes, why on earth isn't the PM there? If he died shouldn't we all know or is there a security problem?

And yes, Harry. But if the President of the USA is there wouldn't it make sense to include the President of the EU who actually has direct influence over us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Essentially he is. Nothing more that the Presidents of China, India, Russia etc...

But Britain's fallen in love America, we should replace Mexico with the UK.

Yes, why on earth isn't the PM there? If he died shouldn't we all know or is there a security problem?

And yes, Harry. But if the President of the USA is there wouldn't it make sense to include the President of the EU who actually has direct influence over us.

I'm not sayiing they shouldn't be there - simply that HE should.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    I beg to differ.

I hate the way everything in America is 'Breaking news' to us

When on earth do they give a shit what goes on here.

Who here gives a shit what goes on there?

America isn't centre of the world!

:confused:

You may be right - but it would be such a massive story in international terms that I don't see how the BEEB could NOT interrupt programming for it :confused:
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,830
    Forum Member
    Prince Philip! I would have thought a notice in the Times personal columns would be more than enough. Would be fairly cheap as well.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member

FYI, it's "Barack Obama".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    FYI, it's "Barack Obama".

Snigger :D
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I don't think he should - they have the Monarch and the two heirs - they don't need it to go any further. If anything were to happen to Charles or William then Harry would move up to category 1.

Category 1 is sustained repercussions of up to 120 news bulletins/hour, right? Maximum news destruction.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    Just about everyone has access to rolling news channels now, pointless interrupting normal schedules unless it's someone very very high profile (even then I don't think they shouldn't devote too much time to it on BBC1 BBC2 when people can just flick over to the news channel if they wish to follow it.)