Options

What could save Daybreak?

Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
Forum Member
The ratings for Daybreak are just shocking but what can save the show?

I think Adiran and Christine need to be replaced. They obviously aren't as popular as ITV believed. What a waste of money. Bet Christine wishes she had stayed at the BBC now. She will never shake off the flop tag that is going to hang around her after this.

Comments

• Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ratings are not shocking, they are about the same as GMTV.

Maybe the market for London-centric breakfast TV is cornered already by the BBC?

My view is that the nations ITV regions should each have their own local breakfast show, hosted by those evening people that each region has.

Items about local people/things of interest, instead of celebs, politicians and nice views of London.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Move it to Prime time:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    By getting Igglepiggle & Uppsy Daisy to present it with Macca Pacca doing the weather.

Watching Igglepiggle squeak & fall over at the end would more than double the viewing figures.

:)
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »

Maybe the market for London-centric breakfast TV is cornered already by the BBC?

My view is that the nations ITV regions should each have their own local breakfast show, hosted by those evening people that each region has.

Items about local people/things of interest, instead of celebs, politicians and nice views of London.

GMTV finished with about 820,000 viewers. Yesterday's Daybreak had 545,000 according to official BARB figures.At least the ITV press office has stopped saying Daybreak has improved on the GMTV audience.ITV couldn't possibly afford a different breakfast programme in every region - it's trying to get rid of regional TV, not increase it:eek:
  • Options
    Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    Tassium wrote: »

The ratings not shocking? they are over a million viewers down on GMTV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Axing it and bringing back GMTV.

If something isn't broken then don't fix it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    Get in Zig & Zag and call it 'The Big Breakfast'
  • Options
    I did It First!I did It First! Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just feels cold and lifeless. Neither Christine or Adrian are right for this sort of format at all. He is too grumpy and not the sort of personality you want to see first thing while I think many people now view her as a greedy bitch. Her reputation is damaged. If people don't like you they won't watch. Cowell should be advised to keep her away from X Factor because it will end in tears.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christine Bleakley re-enacting a scene from Basic Instinct would work...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adrian Chiles is the worst presenter on TV, get rid and it will improve, while we at it, end his contract for football as well, can't stand the man
  • Options
    MongrelmashMongrelmash Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Less ads, less local news updates. Simples!
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having a hungry tiger walk around the studio ready to pounce at any time would draw the viewers in.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate Garroway and Christine Bleakley are two of the reasons I don't like Daybreak. They have shrill voices, and giggle too much. The programme is too concerned with celebrities, X-Factor and what's going on in Hollywood. Dr. Hilary Jones comes on far too often, and there are too many competitions and adverts. Ditch the present format and bring in better presenters - that would help this programme.
  • Options
    horsepillshorsepills Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christine getting her kahunas out would help....

Seriously though, the set is really bad - it looks cold and stark. I think some simple changes to brighten the look up would help no end.
  • Options
    nhodkin147nhodkin147 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The News with Tasmin Lucia Khan is all the persuading I need to tune in. :D
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It ain't worth saving.
    GMTV was shit but Daybreak is even worse.

Come to think of it the vast majority of ITV output is crap also.
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just revert to Kate and Dan basically..I think its much better with them..here is a vid of them together from last week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJMoYeXmF_I
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just looks so bleak and depressing, even the set is dull! For the past 2 years and for the next several, the early morning news is going to be depressing for everybody (recession, cuts, job losses etc). I think they need to counteract this by having an upbeat lively, entertainment type show (minus the hundred ads in between and phone-in competitions :rolleyes:). Infact, all they needed to do was tweak GMTV a bit but retain the upbeat, bright and lively atmosphere they had.

ETA: Dan is a sexy mofo - they have to keep him and give him Adrian's job! :D
  • Options
    kinseyjafkinseyjaf Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    get rid of the competitions please!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    The set looks good for this weekend !, the mauves and orangey dull colours, and theye have a pumpkins for tables:D
    dueler.
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have a sofa the size of a bus but try to sit on each others laps at one end making out they fancy each other.

Hey ITV .... Give it up ....They dont :D
  • Options
    ronnie1990ronnie1990 Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Watching the set change is just sad:yawn:. They need to scrap daybreak, get rid of them two, move into a small studio without any windows, build a set which is cheap and cheerful, then get two no body presenters to host the show. It will soon have the ratings. Call it Good Morning. (GMTV) Job Done.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A very off-putting thing for me is how Christine leans forward towards the camera, people who do that in real life are invading your personal space and that's how it feels on TV too.

It's amazing she is doing that, it's an amateurs mistake.

Having them sitting so close together is also rather intimidating, like some kind of "televangelists" pushing a fund raising drive for their church.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get rid of misery face, grumpy old git.! Whoever thought he was worth millions?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I think they need specsavers the way they lean forward to read the autocue:D
    dueler